New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New AD: Mark Coyle from Boise

Is there any truth to this?

@ccarlsononSU: cuseaholic No great info. rumors of some interest in Bucknell, Buffalo and New Hampshire ADs. Can't say how much or if it was acted on

I've been impressed by that also. I'm cautiously optimistic this is going to be a really strong hire.
i hope you are right. i see this hire in line with small private universities, and not even as good as wake forest. less spectacular as su is cheaper than most. i do not share your the optimism, and i hope i am dead wrong. i expect the ad from tulane to be the hire.

@ccarlsononSU: cuseaholic No great info. rumors of some interest in Bucknell, Buffalo and New Hampshire ADs. Can't say how much or if it was acted on
that was from 1977-78

i hope you are right. i see this hire in line with small private universities, and not even as good as wake forest. less spectacular as su is cheaper than most. i do not share your the optimism, and i hope i am dead wrong. i expect the ad from tulane to be the hire.

You may be right. You certainly have some history to support that. I'm just going by my initial impression about Chancellor Kent. It doesn't seem like he's a fool and will do what he can to get the right guy in such an important position.

Bubbles.

image.jpg

You mean we have a chance to get New York's Team's AD to lead New York City's Team? Sounds like a demotion ;)

I agree. And like you, hope I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Neil

Jack_Ball said:
Is there any truth to this? @ccarlsononSU: cuseaholic No great info. rumors of some interest in Bucknell, Buffalo and New Hampshire ADs. Can't say how much or if it was acted on

I have heard those in some conversations.

Now I'm getting worried about where this thing might be headed..
I'm there with ya. Not quite the big names I was hoping for. At least not big names to me.

I'm sticking with a lawyer with Vandy ties. Or maybe that will be the law school dean.

Please tell me this isn't serious. AD at Tulane the last 15 years (moribund program) preceded by 6 years as AD at Washington State (the doormat of the Pac 12).

Madbiker said:
Please tell me this isn't serious. AD at Tulane the last 15 years (moribund program) preceded by 6 years as AD at Washington State (the doormat of the Pac 12).

He oversaw a rebuild of all their athletic programs after Katrina, and raised a ton of money, culminating in the construction of a desperately needed, much praised on campus football stadium.

We could do worse...

Last edited:
He oversaw a rebuild of all their athletic programs after Katrina, and raised a ton of money, cumulating in the construction of a desperately needed, much praised on campus football stadium.

We could do worse...

Thanks for pointing this out Tom. We can always depend on you to do your research. After googling him, I'm more impressed than I expected to be. I'd like to see more success in the revenue sports though.

If it's an outside hire, that could be bad news for Shafer and Hopkins. new brooms like to sweep clean.

If it's an outside hire, that could be bad news for Shafer and Hopkins. new brooms like to sweep clean.
Kent isn't likely to let the new AD come in and make any big changes, unlike Nancy who had Gross fire P, and hired the train that could. Kent appears to be the type who wants stability, and with the mandate to cut costs, there is no big fund for new coaches.

baggerbob said:
Kent isn't likely to let the new AD come in and make any big changes, unlike Nancy who had Gross fire P, and hired the train that could. Kent appears to be the type who wants stability, and with the mandate to cut costs, there is no big fund for new coaches.

Can you point me to where I can find the Chancellor talking about this "mandate" to "cut costs" in the Athletic Department? Presumably in a way that limits the ability of the next AD to function?

Cheese steak or craw fish either will be tasty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom