NEW BOARD HOTTIE CHAMPIONSHIP

Scarlett Johansson vs Elisha Cuthbert

• Scarlett Johansson

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Elisha Cuthbert

Votes: 26 65.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah, I don't think that's necessary. We'll just have to live with this decision until next year.

We could go quarterly...Then every year out of the 4 have a SyracuseFan.Com Hottie of the Year...

I don't know exactly how but I am sure that scarlett losing is the refs fault..
Nah, no ballot stuffing here. On survey site, that's a different story but the only way here is if people created new user profiles and that is downright desperate.

Seriously, I can't decide.
images

Suggestion: Contest every 3 months for a SyracuseFan.Com Hottie of the Quarter

Rules:
1. Two nominations per person...no more...ahem Jek.
2. Once we get to 32 hotties, nominations close.
3. If a Hottie won a previous quarter in that year, she is not eligible for the current quarter.
4. There will be a board of 3-5 people to seed for each competition.
5. There will be 4 regions going all the way to a winner for the quarter.
6. Once a year there will be a competition for Hottie of the Year.
7. The 4 winners of the quarterly competitions will compete for Hottie of the Year.

I would be up for a revote. The seedlings were odd. It'd be interesting to see how things played out with proper seeding. I never realized there was an initial vote for seeding. With only 4 people contributing, you can't create optimal matchups.

You could use the votes from this round to seed for the revote.

I agree. I would also prefer to see it done by poll here on this site so we know things are legit. This is serious business after all!

I will protest a revote for this go-around, simply because holy crap, that was more effort than I expected it to be. I'm not saying it was hard (insert easy joke considering this was a hottie tournament) but it was more time consuming than I'd anticipated. Therefore, I say we do as AFO suggested above.

Nah, no ballot stuffing here. On survey site, that's a different story but the only way here is if people created new user profiles and that is downright desperate.

Oh I know.. just in the spirit of many SU fans - gotta blame it on the refs ;)

I will protest a revote for this go-around, simply because holy crap, that was more effort than I expected it to be. I'm not saying it was hard (insert easy joke considering this was a hottie tournament) but it was more time consuming than I'd anticipated. Therefore, I say we do as AFO suggested above.
Gotta give the champ a little reign here.

The only thing about If we redid this it would be fully honest to this board! The other was open for people to see ie. lukers, rivals and who ever else.
Doing it here would be the best way. But this has to be a one time a year deal, can't do this every four months, to much work, lol.

If we were to redo it, we would need to get the ENTIRE BOARD involved.

I hear Brooklyn Decker wants to challenge the winner.

She could had been my last choice, although I went with Anna, Madison, and
Blake, inthiught if using her or Katrina Bowden.
Brooklyn can definitely get it too!

Suggestion: Contest every 3 months for a SyracuseFan.Com Hottie of the Quarter

Rules:
1. Two nominations per person...no more...ahem Jek.
2. Once we get to 32 hotties, nominations close.
3. If a Hottie won a previous quarter in that year, she is not eligible for the current quarter.
4. There will be a board of 3-5 people to seed for each competition.
5. There will be 4 regions going all the way to a winner for the quarter.
6. Once a year there will be a competition for Hottie of the Year.
7. The 4 winners of the quarterly competitions will compete for Hottie of the Year.
Step 2 was the problem with this inaugaral tournament - the nominations were made and the voting started too fast. Then people who missed the original set up started chiming in with worthy candidates who were never considered.

I'd suggest taking about a week to set the field. Maybe just have a thread where people post their suggestions and let the committee select from that list. Or select the preliminary field of 32 as shown above on Monday. Then allow people to post challenges to specific hotties if they have someone better in mind. Could either discuss their "merits" in a thread or use the poll function as a sort of play-in game. Those left at the end of the week are seeded and the real tournament begins on the following Monday. Or allow voting over the weekend, but don't end a round until workplace surfers have a chance to chime in.

Brie made it to the second round of the tournament. I was hoping she'd get a little farther.

Likewise, I voted for her and was disappointed she didn't move on. Match ups were very tough for some of the girls IMO and very easy for others. I honestly don't think Scarlet would have made it nearly as far had she matched differently, just look how crushed she got in the finals.

Step 2 was the problem with this inaugaral tournament - the nominations were made and the voting started too fast. Then people who missed the original set up started chiming in with worthy candidates who were never considered.

I'd suggest taking about a week to set the field. Maybe just have a thread where people post their suggestions and let the committee select from that list. Or select the preliminary field of 32 as shown above on Monday. Then allow people to post challenges to specific hotties if they have someone better in mind. Could either discuss their "merits" in a thread or use the poll function as a sort of play-in game. Those left at the end of the week are seeded and the real tournament begins on the following Monday. Or allow voting over the weekend, but don't end a round until workplace surfers have a chance to chime in.

The field took a while to set up, some poster gave more than 3 choices cause no one else was posting. Jeke ave everyone time to know about this.

People need to get involved that's all.

Why I suggested a quarterly format:
1. Be fair to those who have put the work into this competition and not re-do it.
2. Be fair to those who missed the initial parts and joined later into. In the next one, rules will have been adjusted and people will have more advanced warning to participate.

I really don't want to redo this one and some, especially Jek, have put a lot of effort/work into this up to this point and to redo it because some people missed the first few parts would not be fair to those of us who have been involved from the start, especially Jek.