New CB Coach: Chip West | Syracusefan.com

New CB Coach: Chip West

ef19126067c980d807f2234f525a0f41.gif

West joined Virginia’s staff in 2010 as Cornerbacks Coach. In 2012, he took on assistant recruiting coordinator duties and at the end of the 2012 season became the Cavaliers Recruiting Coordinator while continuing to coach the cornerbacks. In 2013, he signed a top-30 class for Virginia and in February, 2014, R1vals.com and Sc0ut.com named West its ACC Recruiter of the Year. He earned the same honor from 247Sports in 2011 and was a finalist for National Recruiter of the Year honors. While at Virginia, he coached two-time all-ACC first-teamer Chase Minnifield, who played in the NFL with the Washington Redskins, current Baltimore Raven Maurice Canaday and Ras-I Dowling, who was a second round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft (New England Patriots). The Cavaliers secondary also included Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles safety Rodney McLeod.

Swag Daddy, White, West, Gilbert are all great-stud recruiters. Reno, Reynolds and Standard are good recruiters but a level below those 4. I think it’s a very realistic expectation that we snag multiple 4 stars this cycle. I would be pretty disappointed if this cycle isn’t the best recruiting class we’ve had in the last 10+ years. Dino did a HELL OF A JOB this offseason.

West joined Virginia’s staff in 2010 as Cornerbacks Coach. In 2012, he took on assistant recruiting coordinator duties and at the end of the 2012 season became the Cavaliers Recruiting Coordinator while continuing to coach the cornerbacks. In 2013, he signed a top-30 class for Virginia and in February, 2014, R1vals.com and Sc0ut.com named West its ACC Recruiter of the Year. He earned the same honor from 247Sports in 2011 and was a finalist for National Recruiter of the Year honors. While at Virginia, he coached two-time all-ACC first-teamer Chase Minnifield, who played in the NFL with the Washington Redskins, current Baltimore Raven Maurice Canaday and Ras-I Dowling, who was a second round pick in the 2011 NFL Draft (New England Patriots). The Cavaliers secondary also included Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles safety Rodney McLeod.
So he's a Mike London guy. Good news for recruiting! Hopefully, talent development was an issue with London and not with our guy.

We have the equivalent of 3-4 Monroe’s on the trail now. Honestly White and West are right on his level and possibly even better recruiters.
If we land Bullock early, start the season off strong or just have a solid season in general (which I think we will). I think this staff is capable of pulling in a fringe top 25 recruiting class in the next year or two. Mark it down. This is a great staff for recruiting. Let’s hope it translates to wins and hopefully their coaching is just as good or better than their recruiting skills. I’m pumped.

Going to be an interesting couple of years. Cant wait for spring game , ( If we get to see it )

We have the equivalent of 3-4 Monroe’s on the trail now. Honestly White and West are right on his level and possibly even better recruiters.
If we land Bullock early, start the season off strong or just have a solid season in general (which I think we will). I think this staff is capable of pulling in a fringe top 25 recruiting class in the next year or two. Mark it down. This is a great staff for recruiting. Let’s hope it translates to wins and hopefully their coaching is just as good or better than their recruiting skills. I’m pumped.

EXACTLY what was needed to kick things up a notch, in terms of recruiting / amassing talent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom