New Clemson Athletic Facility | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

New Clemson Athletic Facility

And as far as the ladies go last I looked they made it to the NCAA final four the last two years. In fact a lot can be said for many of the Olympic Sports teams winning the ACC or making it to final fours in their sports but they still get to ride the bus. Don't you think that these kids that represent their school deserve things also?

They've won NOTHING. SU spends a lot on the women's lax program and hasn't gotten a return. At least with football and basketball, they generate revenue. What do these other sports do besides waste resources?

They've won NOTHING. SU spends a lot on the women's lax program and hasn't gotten a return. At least with football and basketball, they generate revenue. What do these other sports do besides waste resources?
So, football and basketball are the only sports to build character, provide guidance, teach accountability, dedication, and leadership. Got it.

And field hockey and men's cross country won NC's two years ago. And women's lax and hoops have played in the final game recently. NOTHING?

geico squealing pig.gif

So, football and basketball are the only sports to build character, provide guidance, teach accountability, dedication, and leadership. Got it.

And field hockey and men's cross country won NC's two years ago. And women's lax and hoops have played in the final game recently. NOTHING?

Who cares about that? We're in here talking about how money is misappropriated and how the football team doesn't get financial support. Who is the main culprit behind that? Olympic sports. They bleed athletic departments into the red. If it weren't for Title IX, they'd have been axed a long time ago. Mostly Black athletes propping up mostly White athletes.

Who cares about that? We're in here talking about how money is misappropriated and how the football team doesn't get financial support. Who is the main culprit behind that? Olympic sports. They bleed athletic departments into the red. If it weren't for Title IX, they'd have been axed a long time ago. Mostly Black athletes propping up mostly White athletes.
Many people care about that. Not you? Fine. But we're talking about colleges here. Little bit more than just football and basketball. And you can't make the 'if it weren't for Title IX' argument. There is Title IX. Maybe that's the windmill you should be tilting against.

So, you're suggesting that all AD's support is men's basketball and football? Really? You don't get it. And the whole black/white thing is totally irrelevant.

Many people care about that. Not you? Fine. But we're talking about colleges here. Little bit more than just football and basketball. And you can't make the 'if it weren't for Title IX' argument. There is Title IX. Maybe that's the windmill you should be tilting against.

So, you're suggesting that all AD's support is men's basketball and football? Really? You don't get it. And the whole black/white thing is totally irrelevant.

Without men's football and basketball, AD's would need to find a new way to fund the olympic sports.

ESPN isn't paying us $20M+ a year for men's or women's lacrosse.

Basketball and football pay the way and if we allow those sports to wither we are impacting the revenue to all sports.

Without men's football and basketball, AD's would need to find a new way to fund the olympic sports.

ESPN isn't paying us $20M+ a year for men's or women's lacrosse.

Basketball and football pay the way and if we allow those sports to wither we are impacting the revenue to all sports.
And that's fine. But if you think (like cuse10 does) that we should have no sports other than men's basketball and football, I can pretty much guarantee you will find no college presidents that would go along with that.

And that's fine. But if you think (like cuse10 does) that we should have no sports other than men's basketball and football, I can pretty much guarantee you will find no college presidents that would go along with that.

Well, of course...today, at least not ever publicly, if one wants to retain any title with the word 'president' in it. ;):)

Do you understand how college athletics works? SU spends a lot on WLax? Really? What a stupid post

This is way off topic but I'll add to it. Title ix has done some good things and bad. It forces schools to give women's sports their due. What is bad is it hinders other sports like wrestling or even men's hockey. I will Never understand how su doesnt have a men's hockey team that isn't club. We are in the north east where hockey shouldn't be an after thought. We have a lot of local talent that is forced to play juniors or college away from home.

For the record, I was talking with a architect coworker of mine, a Clemson grad, as we watched a video of their new facility. He not only laughed at its excess and potential to injure players, but also commented that the color scheme of high saturated purple and orange looked like something a ten year old would do or like.

For the record, I was talking with a architect coworker of mine, a Clemson grad, as we watched a video of their new facility. He not only laughed at its excess and potential to injure players, but also commented that the color scheme of high saturated purple and orange looked like something a ten year old would do or like.

Wish we had those types of issues. Kinda reminds me how many of us were complaining of the hoops team attire (when they were undefeated) and we all got whiff off those putrid 2-tone unis they were going to don against BC. Looking back, such small stuff in the realm of things we face today. ;):)

Damn dude. Pwnd.

...? We have that same set-up .. but newer .. at manley. Do you really think they're hanging out on the couches watching TV on gameday? No.

For those upset about what BC is doing in comparison to what we have done, know that their entire AD came through our facilities shortly after they opened the IPF, in order to see what they could/should be doing. They then went and hired the same architecture/design firm to do the work. Same firm that Maryland and Virginia Tech hired to do their facilities. Short of the blue bloods, we are not behind. The problem is, we are also not ahead at this moment. We need to keep going, but I don't think we have plans to stop.

Bc's is much more pleasing. We have them on the ipf, but that's currently under construction. Also, an entirely glass enclosed weight room, that should be amazing.. They have a lounge, as well, with the big screen built into a "library" type wall..(nice). A team "theater", as well as ones for each group.

Their AD toured other schools, as well..(see glassed in weight room), and is at least trying to best all the locals.(like you need to)

We have the dome, and babers. Addazio could be on the hot seat, so this cycle it may not matter.

Last edited:
Bc's is much more pleasing. We have them on the ipf, but that's currently under construction. Also, an entirely glass enclosed weight room, that should be amazing.. They have a lounge, as well, with the big screen built into a "library" type wall..(nice). A team "theater", as well as ones for each group.

Their AD toured other schools, as well..(see glassed in weight room), and is at least trying to best all the locals.(like you need to)

We have the dome, and babers. Addazio could be on the hot seat, so this cycle it may not matter.

We have a glassed in weight room, lounge and theatre type meeting space too

We have a glassed in weight room, lounge and theatre type meeting space too
No. Cuse weight room is cinder block with Windows, looking out to a parking lot. (Has a small 2cnd floor, though). I mean a glass structure... Like you are outside. Looking onto the field. I've seen others like that, and they are Amazing.
Dunno if cuse only has the 1 theater or not...

Been in both. Their toys are nicer, but they don't have a dome.

No. Cuse weight room is cinder block with Windows, looking out to a parking lot. (Has a small 2cnd floor, though). I mean a glass structure... Like you are outside. Looking onto the field. I've seen others like that, and they are Amazing.
Dunno if cuse only has the 1 theater or not...

Been in both. Their toys are nicer, but they don't have a dome.

Cuse has that theatre type room.

What is our weight room supposed to look out at?

Cuse has that theatre type room.

What is our weight room supposed to look out at?
There's is noticeably nicer. Take a tour. They even have a big orange sign, "Syracuse", counting down the days, hours, minutes...

1. We have 3 football facilities to "maintain". The Dome. The IPF. The Iocolano-Petty Football Complex. Not many schools can say that, public or private. Plus the outdoor field.

2. Look at the pics but more importantly, read the words as to what is in the football complex (SU needs to update who's the coach). Syracuse University Athletics

3. The past 10 years it seems like we've done a lot of upgrades. Not just the IPF but many upgrades inside the football complex including the lobby, the different position rooms, coaches offices, med stuff, café, the auditorium, etc. Also the Dome with ribbon boards, other aesthetics, the locker room. Seems like we are always doing something going back to the weight room bout 10? years ago.

4. IMO, we went with the lower end on the locker upgrade in the Dome because it may be totally different within the next few years.

5. Dino said a few weeks ago in an interview that the 2 things he uses when recruiting is the education at SU and the dome.

We'll get there. But we aren't and haven't been doing "nothing".