New coaches and some luck | Syracusefan.com

New coaches and some luck

Cuse12

All Conference
I was just thinking about how impressed I am with Tony White and Anae/Beck as our coordinators.

Then it hit me - just the crazy luck/happenstance to get coach White first and foremost. We hired another dude who ended up backing out last min as our DC. Looking back…. That was the best thing for us. TW is exactly who we needed and we kind of lucked into that one. I know the other guy was going to bring the same defense, but I just think TW is the dude we really needed. He molds so well with our team and community. I believe he is from NYC area? So I can see how he connects well with the NE side of things.

Secondly, and most obviously noted, we get these awesome OC’s (I consider beck another OC almost) from a coach stepping down, which is unheard of really. Rarely happens. And boom there they are served up to us on a silver platter when we never would have gotten as quality of OCs if this didn’t happen.

Sometimes you need a little luck, and I think cuse is past due, so I’ll take it.

I’m stoked for the trajectory of our program - not saying we are world beaters at all - just it seems luck is finally a little bit on our side. And we deserve it I would say! LGO

I’m not sure what’s the entire reason, but our football recruiting seems to be better received from recruits. Nothing but positives and a lot of visits. Recruiting in New Jersey is especially trending in the right direction and this year we’ve locked up some NY kids. Duce seems to be helping and the support staff seems more intune with what’s going on. We are on kids earlier and better connection with players is happening. This is another reason we hope Dino is successful. Starting over takes too much time.

I was just thinking about how impressed I am with Tony White and Anae/Beck as our coordinators.

Then it hit me - just the crazy luck/happenstance to get coach White first and foremost. We hired another dude who ended up backing out last min as our DC. Looking back…. That was the best thing for us. TW is exactly who we needed and we kind of lucked into that one. I know the other guy was going to bring the same defense, but I just think TW is the dude we really needed. He molds so well with our team and community. I believe he is from NYC area? So I can see how he connects well with the NE side of things.

Secondly, and most obviously noted, we get these awesome OC’s (I consider beck another OC almost) from a coach stepping down, which is unheard of really. Rarely happens. And boom there they are served up to us on a silver platter when we never would have gotten as quality of OCs if this didn’t happen.

Sometimes you need a little luck, and I think cuse is past due, so I’ll take it.

I’m stoked for the trajectory of our program - not saying we are world beaters at all - just it seems luck is finally a little bit on our side. And we deserve it I would say! LGO
I agree. Also, it was great that the AD made it happen and Dino placed his ego to the side.

Oh lord I never want to hear ‘little engines’ used in a sentence to describe a football team ever again in my entire life.
I think I can, I think I can.

I agree. Also, it was great that the AD made it happen and Dino placed his ego to the side.
Yup we need to give props to ADJW, instead of pulling the plug, he thought differently then the big time programs who can pull plugs and pay bags. We instead kept the CEO and replaced the directors below him. Genius really, makes complete sense to keep continuity and not cause a rebuild.

Yup we need to give props to ADJW, instead of pulling the plug, he thought differently then the big time programs who can pull plugs and pay bags. We instead kept the CEO and replaced the directors below him. Genius really, makes complete sense to keep continuity and not cause a rebuild.
Wildhack Looked at the roster, looked at the strengths and weaknesses of the team and staff, saw that they were “this” close to being a credible top half acc, top 40 team and gave Dino the resources to get it done.

Saturday was right in line with how they played the first 9 games last year, with a much better pass game.

so if Gilbert was a director, I guess he would be Ed Wood?

I’m not sure what’s the entire reason, but our football recruiting seems to be better received from recruits. Nothing but positives and a lot of visits. Recruiting in New Jersey is especially trending in the right direction and this year we’ve locked up some NY kids. Duce seems to be helping and the support staff seems more intune with what’s going on. We are on kids earlier and better connection with players is happening. This is another reason we hope Dino is successful. Starting over takes too much time.
Resources and staff additions have been added to recruiting. One of the keys identified along with facilities, up grading coaching staff (and salaries - already happening) and now NIL is an additional factor.

Don't forget the new special teams coordinator. If he can make a difference in one game, then it is a home run hire. If he can impact two or more games, then it is a grand slam.

Don't forget the new special teams coordinator. If he can make a difference in one game, then it is a home run hire. If he can impact two or more games, then it is a grand slam.
Look at who Lit is playing on special teams - many of our best players. We have to do this.

100% agree, just not the same amount of “luck” involved with getting him! But your right great hire.

How about snowballs catching fire?

maxresdefault.jpg

Look at who Lit is playing on special teams - many of our best players. We have to do this.
How do I get that info?

Wildhack Looked at the roster, looked at the strengths and weaknesses of the team and staff, saw that they were “this” close to being a credible top half acc, top 40 team and gave Dino the resources to get it done.

Saturday was right in line with how they played the first 9 games last year, with a much better pass game.
night and day difference.

Agree it took some luck (and a checkbook) to get this staff together.

Also took some luck to assemble a healthy veteran OL, with Tucker and Shrader; and on defense Wax, Jones, Williams and Chestnut. This staff has a better set of players than any group since 2018.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom