Class of 2023 - New Commit: Jake Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Mid/FO | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New Commit: Jake Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Mid/FO

I'd be shocked if he didn't get a shot as the shorty on the wing from Day 1
If he plays solid D why not mix in taking some face offs and drop back to play SSDM? Hope they give him a shot at wing too and not make it 3 yrs in a row the same 3 guys. Lol

If he plays solid D why not mix in taking some face offs and drop back to play SSDM? Hope they give him a shot at wing too and not make it 3 yrs in a row the same 3 guys. Lol

I think he'll definitely be in play at SSDM as well. I could see him playing all over the field.

Was worried he would be a "master of none" type of player by the time he arrived at 'Cuse, but it seems like he's answering the bell. Some of his offensive moves are very refined and not just due to his athletic ability. I thought his face-off prowess would be overblown but early returns are he's absolutely crushing it in that department. It's been a long time since the Orange had a FOGO who could be a threat with the ball after they pick it up (in fact none come to mind right now).

It's early days but he really seems like the type of pitbull/middle of the field menace that SU has sorely lacked the last couple of years. I guess the one concern (and I know I obsess over the issue) would be his size, but it seems like something he can overcome. Excited to see him on the field, really seems like he could be a day one contributor.

Was worried he would be a "master of none" type of player by the time he arrived at 'Cuse, but it seems like he's answering the bell. Some of his offensive moves are very refined and not just due to his athletic ability. I thought his face-off prowess would be overblown but early returns are he's absolutely crushing it in that department. It's been a long time since the Orange had a FOGO who could be a threat with the ball after they pick it up (in fact none come to mind right now).

It's early days but he really seems like the type of pitbull/middle of the field menace that SU has sorely lacked the last couple of years. I guess the one concern (and I know I obsess over the issue) would be his size, but it seems like something he can overcome. Excited to see him on the field, really seems like he could be a day one contributor.
Think you have to go all the way back to the great Jeremy Thompson

Last one was probably Thompson but he wasn't a full time FOGO obviously.

Last one was probably Thompson but he wasn't a full time FOGO obviously.

Very true but from what I remember from his 2 years here, he was pretty successful when he took draws.

I believe he will be a day 1 contributor His speed is a difference maker And will allow him to contribute in different ways. Team speed is a major weakness and he helps that. True two way midfielder and while tough to know whomtge face off competition is 42/47 on LI is no joke

C52CFDCB-9EC2-4CA2-94EB-155B300A212E.jpeg