Class of 2022 - New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Joey Spallina (NY: Mt Sinai) Attack

I think he's gonna be star right from the start. He's gonna have a very good freshman yr. When he was in 8th grade he scored liked 40 goals and 40 assists on varsity. That's a 13 yr old playing against 17 yr olds. Huge difference in age and he wasn't intimidated. Being a freshman he will have all of his confidence to do his thing. Can't wait to watch him with Hiltz and Simmons.

I think he's gonna be star right from the start. He's gonna have a very good freshman yr. When he was in 8th grade he scored liked 40 goals and 40 assists on varsity. That's a 13 yr old playing against 17 yr olds. Huge difference in age and he wasn't intimidated. Being a freshman he will have all of his confidence to do his thing. Can't wait to watch him with Hiltz and Simmons.
Honestly I don’t wanna get my hype up, but I think I’m expecting something like a 20-20 season. I don’t know if he draws the best defender or if that’s Hiltz? Or is they do some experimenting.

I think Hiltz will unless he just balls out right from game 1. I'll take 20 - 20 but could even see a little more from him. I think by mid season he's gonna be a complete Beast.

He's a football player and plays physical. I don't think he will be intimidated at all. He's gonna come in looking to prove himself from day 1. If everyone stays healthy this team could be very good next season. I can't wait.

I think Hiltz will unless he just balls out right from game 1. I'll take 20 - 20 but could even see a little more from him. I think by mid season he's gonna be a complete Beast.
I def think he can be better than 20-20 I can see him dropping dimes to Hiltz and hitting cutters, and nailing the skip pass. I see more assist than goals.
Again point being team health. This team can be dangerous with the ball. Esp if Birty produces.
Also still need to address the Faceoff obv.

I def think he can be better than 20-20 I can see him dropping dimes to Hiltz and hitting cutters, and nailing the skip pass. I see more assist than goals.
Again point being team health. This team can be dangerous with the ball. Esp if Birty produces.
Also still need to address the Faceoff obv.
Could end up being one of the greatest attack units ever, but If we don't nab a legit FOGO quick...

set-consisting-of-3-laser-scanning-traffic-cones.jpeg

Spallina will have to improve foot speed if he wants to be a truly elite college attackman. His strength and ability to bully defensemen in high school will not be as big of an advantage in D1. HOWEVER, his toughness and lax IQ make him pretty much a lock for 50 pts out of the gate with a ceiling well above that.

Well Asher Nolting had a great college career and doesn't have quick feet. He's big physical and athletic. I do think he will be unstoppable if he can get faster footwork but he still can be a stud if he doesn't. Maybe not his freshman yr but as he gets older and grows more he will be able to impose his will on a lot of players like he has in HS. He's gotta use his athletic ability like Nolting does. He has that ability to get shots off even when he's covered well. Hopefully he has a footwork coach working with him this summer. Their is some good ones out there now who can definitely help him get quicker.

Well Asher Nolting had a great college career and doesn't have quick feet. He's big physical and athletic. I do think he will be unstoppable if he can get faster footwork but he still can be a stud if he doesn't. Maybe not his freshman yr but as he gets older and grows more he will be able to impose his will on a lot of players like he has in HS. He's gotta use his athletic ability like Nolting does. He has that ability to get shots off even when he's covered well. Hopefully he has a footwork coach working with him this summer. Their is some good ones out there now who can definitely help him get quicker.
Nolting has 4-5 inches and 30-40 pounds on Spallina. Completely different. Spallina plays above his size but he is not a very big attackman so unless he still has a growth spurt on the way, he can't rely on that the way Nolting could. Nolting was much bigger than most of the defensemen he went up against in the SoCon and that won't be the case with Spallina. The kid's biggest asset is the thing in between his ears.

I know Spallina had 4g and 2a. But looking at the box score... he took 15 shots. There was 76 shots for his team on the day and he took 22% of them. I used to coach a kid that transferred out and it seems like a lot of people are on the way out because of the coaching circus, but mainly because people dont want to deal with the Spallina show. Including Dordevic. I know hes the #1 recruit but I hope hes worth it and we dont have another Jordan Evans/Scanlan on our hands. Hope can live up to the hype while also making the team better

I know Spallina had 4g and 2a. But looking at the box score... he took 15 shots. There was 76 shots for his team on the day and he took 22% of them. I used to coach a kid that transferred out and it seems like a lot of people are on the way out because of the coaching circus, but mainly because people dont want to deal with the Spallina show. Including Dordevic. I know hes the #1 recruit but I hope hes worth it and we dont have another Jordan Evans/Scanlan on our hands. Hope can live up to the hype while also making the team better
What people are on their way out aside from Dordy? We know Corsi, but who else?
And it seems more likely he’s helping pull talent in then forcing kids out or to decide elsewhere.
Now if you know some names specifically than that’s a different case.

We all noted the shots in the game thread. It was an all star game and it isn’t surprising. Did he take bad shots? I’ll advised? Tough? Shots where he was covered? Yes.

Odd post. Dordevic is a pretty prolific "shooter" of the ball in his own right (22 sog vs Duke), and there is no way that he isnt better playing with Spallina (and Hiltz) vs playing with Seebold and Berkman.

I am sure Gait has rubbed some kids the wrong way. Whether he did, or whether he was right or wrong to do so, I am not sure he really cares. He's been pretty open about his opinion the roster lacks talent. Looking at the results, by SU standards, I don't know who could disagree. In the end, agree or disagree, it's his call anyway.

Odd post. Dordevic is a pretty prolific "shooter" of the ball in his own right (22 sog vs Duke), and there is no way that he isnt better playing with Spallina (and Hiltz) vs playing with Seebold and Berkman.

I am sure Gait has rubbed some kids the wrong way. Whether he did, or whether he was right or wrong to do so, I am not sure he really cares. He's been pretty open about his opinion the roster lacks talent. Looking at the results, by SU standards, I don't know who could disagree. In the end, agree or disagree, it's his call anyway.
He took a lot of shots in an allstar game. Must be another scanlan situation. Odd is putting it nicely.

We know he shares the rock.

What people are on their way out aside from Dordy? We know Corsi, but who else?
And it seems more likely he’s helping pull talent in then forcing kids out or to decide elsewhere.
Now if you know some names specifically than that’s a different case.

We all noted the shots in the game thread. It was an all star game and it isn’t surprising. Did he take bad shots? I’ll advised? Tough? Shots where he was covered? Yes.
I've heard rumblings that several underclassmen went to the coaching staff with concerns and intentions to enter the portal but the coaching staff told them to feel it out through the fall. I do not want to give any names but watch how hot the portal is after the fall. Also heard that is why Cuse had a hard time getting notable offensive transfers. Not a lot of people want to go to a school where a freshman is already guaranteed the keys to the ignition.

Bull dodge to shoot isn't as effective in college, especially against ACC defenders. I've coached against this kid and the amount of picks that have to be set for him to get his hands free. There's a certain athleticism that comes with the ACC that I dont think he possesses. I also know he gets assists- but theyre usually the homerun type. I'd like a stat on how many hockey assists he gets.

Also please check out the box scores from the past few UA games and let me know who has shot over 9 shots in a game. I tried looking but couldnt find...

I've heard rumblings that several underclassmen went to the coaching staff with concerns and intentions to enter the portal but the coaching staff told them to feel it out through the fall. I do not want to give any names but watch how hot the portal is after the fall. Also heard that is why Cuse had a hard time getting notable offensive transfers. Not a lot of people want to go to a school where a freshman is already guaranteed the keys to the ignition.

Bull dodge to shoot isn't as effective in college, especially against ACC defenders. I've coached against this kid and the amount of picks that have to be set for him to get his hands free. There's a certain athleticism that comes with the ACC that I dont think he possesses. I also know he gets assists- but theyre usually the homerun type. I'd like a stat on how many hockey assists he gets.

Also please check out the box scores from the past few UA games and let me know who has shot over 9 shots in a game. I tried looking but couldnt find...
Regarding these underclassmen - let them transfer. Sounds like they don't want to out work a talented incoming freshmen class. If that's the case, then regardless of their status, they can go elsewhere. Hard to fix a poor work ethic.