Class of 2020 - New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver

In the comments section of this post, Carcaterra has stated that Hiltz is the "Most skilled attack recruit for @cusemlax since Mike Powell." That would of course include, Kevin Rice, Dylan Donahue, Randy Staats, Kenny Nims, Mike Leveille, Cody Jamieson, etc ... no pressure kid!

Also, Chase Scanlan left a "musle flex" emoji, which I thought was a nice touch!

Wow

In the comments section of this post, Carcaterra has stated that Hiltz is the "Most skilled attack recruit for @cusemlax since Mike Powell." That would of course include, Kevin Rice, Dylan Donahue, Randy Staats, Kenny Nims, Mike Leveille, Cody Jamieson, etc ... no pressure kid!

Also, Chase Scanlan left a "musle flex" emoji, which I thought was a nice touch!

This facts?

Wow...

I think owen hill got the boots from su

Correct me if I’m wrong, are you saying that Owen Hill got kicked off the team and the university?

Correct me if I’m wrong, are you saying that Owen Hill got kicked off the team and the university?
The only Owen Hill listed in the student directory is a senior. His profile on the roster is still up but that might be a lagging indicator.

The only Owen Hill listed in the student directory is a senior. His profile on the roster is still up but that might be a lagging indicator.
They don't update the roster until Spring.

But I looked at the directory also, and it doesn't look good for Hill.

Kevin Owen Hill. Freshman.
Ah, there he is.

1570798524885.png

90% sure he played in the Denver scrimmage as number 43.

Of course, he should be a Sophomore by now. :(

Do people know who #43 on the team is? I was under the impression that was Owen Hill (43 is usually worn by a Native player as homage to Marshal Abrams). Maybe I am wrong though.

Last edited:
Do people know who #43 on the team is? I was under the impression that was Owen Hill (43 is usually worn by a Native player as homage to Marshal Abrams). Maybe I am wrong though.

I thought that was him as well.

I haven't found any quality highlights of Hiltz... anyone else?

I don't know of any highlights but Culver's games in the National Prep Championship are on LSN:
Semifinal with ANC:
and final with the Hill Academy:

Walker is breaking scoring records at Denver after setting the Culver mark for most points in a season with 161. Last year, in his first year at Culver, Hiltz recorded 126 points and head coach Jon Posner says he's well on his way to blazing his own trail of success.

"We've had some great student-athletes come out of Peterborough and they've been phenomenal for us," said Posner. "Owen is a very special player. I would put him in that elite group of players I have had the opportunity to coach in my 21 years of coaching. He is very skilled. He has a very high lacrosse IQ and he's a competitor. If I were going to predict, he's going to have just as much of an impact at the next level as all the other ones we've sent off that have attended Culver."
Posner said Hiltz has some skills that can't be taught.

"His vision is phenomenal. Owen always has his head up and he's always trying to make a play whether it's creating his own shot or finding an open guy moving off the ball," he said. "What I love about Owen is I compare him very much to a combination of Zach and Ethan. He shoots the ball like Ethan. Ethan has the best shot I have ever coached. He has a very similar release to Ethan and the accuracy level and he dodges like Zach. He's a bit of a combination of both which makes him a very special player."

Hiltz comes from lacrosse bloodlines. His mother Jennifer's brothers Joe and Gerry Hiltz were standouts for Peterborough junior and senior teams and Joe had a lengthy professional career.
"I think it was kind of meant to be," said Owen. "There was always lacrosse stuff lying around my grandparents' house and my house. I guess I've always been around lacrosse and grew up around it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom