Class of 2020 - New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver

Denver loses two 5* 2020 kids in like a week. We thought SU had problems.

Well we lost 4 Top 50 guys in a 40 day span including at least 1 5 star so I think we still have them beat unfortunately. I do agree though, that is brutal.

giphy.gif

IMG_7411.jpg

So now we know why Desko seemed rather chipper during his interview with LaxSportsNetwork lmao.

Since the end of a disappointing season...(decade really) SU has become a preferred destination for constituencies that historically were ours. Native players and Canadians are the recipe for Memorial Day glory. What a few months. I went from fear to get me a beer!

I’m not sure there has been a more important recruit in the past 10 years! Previously mentioned he will be perfect to slip in Rehfusses vacated lefty spot. More importantly teams rarely if ever win the national championship without an elite attackman.

I’m still all in on 2020 but I have a feeling that 2021 is projecting to be a really special year for the Orange.

I’m gonna ask this here but how many culver kids have we’ve gotten in the years past? Seems like I don’t remember seeing Culver next to names...I know we got Dilts, but with the power Culver is seems like we either haven’t recruited it or have tried and failed.
Debbie Downer... cmon 4eva, time for smiles and high fives

I’m gonna ask this here but how many culver kids have we’ve gotten in the years past? Seems like I don’t remember seeing Culver next to names...I know we got Dilts, but with the power Culver is seems like we either haven’t recruited it or have tried and failed.

My guess is we haven't recruited it too heavily in the past. They have a pretty solid pipeline to Denver and Notre Dame due to their location, but a handful of stars have gone to other places (Joel Tinney to Hopkins). Plenty of similar schools like it that churn out D1 ready players that we have a better pipeline thing going with (IMG, Hill Academy).

My guess is we haven't recruited it too heavily in the past. They have a pretty solid pipeline to Denver and Notre Dame due to their location, but a handful of stars have gone to other places (Joel Tinney to Hopkins). Plenty of similar schools like it that churn out D1 ready players that we have a better pipeline thing going with (IMG, Hill Academy).

Most Culver kids tend to go to Denver, Notre Dame, or Princeton. A handful end up at Hopkins, other Ivies, and some smaller D1s. The Culver head coach went to Princeton so that explains the pipeline too Princeton. I'm assuming March has a pretty good relationship with Culver so maybe more players will be coming Cuse's way in the future.

Duke has pipeline into Chaminade and Villanova into Delbarton. Hope March marches into LI and NJ and disrupts that flow

Duke has pipeline into Chaminade and Villanova into Delbarton. Hope March marches into LI and NJ and disrupts that flow

Yup and SU has a pretty good pipeline to IMG and to a lesser extent the Hill Academy. Every school has a place or two where they have a lot of success.

Most Culver kids tend to go to Denver, Notre Dame, or Princeton. A handful end up at Hopkins, other Ivies, and some smaller D1s. The Culver head coach went to Princeton so that explains the pipeline too Princeton. I'm assuming March has a pretty good relationship with Culver so maybe more players will be coming Cuse's way in the future.

That would be fantastic. Looked at some Culver highlights yesterday and the level of play is clearly about as high as you can possibly get in high school. Slow and methodical with fast ball movement and 2 man game similar to Denver, but clearly if you're starting on Culver you are pretty elite. Seeing as he started there as a sophomore and put up over 100 points...safe to say we have a good one on our hands.

Yup and SU has a pretty good pipeline to IMG and to a lesser extent the Hill Academy. Every school has a place or two where they have a lot of success.
I'd say we also have a good pipeline into Salisbury School in Connecticut.

In the comments section of this post, Carcaterra has stated that Hiltz is the "Most skilled attack recruit for @cusemlax since Mike Powell." That would of course include, Kevin Rice, Dylan Donahue, Randy Staats, Kenny Nims, Mike Leveille, Cody Jamieson, etc ... no pressure kid!

Also, Chase Scanlan left a "musle flex" emoji, which I thought was a nice touch!

I haven't found any quality highlights of Hiltz... anyone else?

He has a hudl profile, but nothing since 2018 posted. Its the best I've been able to find.

He has a hudl profile, but nothing since 2018 posted. Its the best I've been able to find.

Yeah I saw those... would like to see more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom