Class of 2020 - New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Owen Hiltz (IN: Culver) Attack / Flip from Denver

God this kid can't get on campus fast enough, keep thinking every time there is an update something has gone wrong.

Was just about to post the same damn thing.
When I see this bumped it’s gotta be either ACL or decommit.

Was just about to post the same damn thing.
When I see this bumped it’s gotta be either ACL or decommit.

He has signed so the decommit issue should technically be moot but like you said based on our luck the last two years with high end players I worry about him wanting out or god knows what, lol. Looking forward to him getting on campus this summer.

He has signed so the decommit issue should technically be moot but like you said based on our luck the last two years with high end players I worry about him wanting out or god knows what, lol. Looking forward to him getting on campus this summer.
Right. Since he signed his NLI, leaving would entail (barring a waiver by the NCAA or SU fully releasing him from his NLI) sitting a year at another school.

My goodness this thread. All this talk of Desko NLIs and ACLs without first seeing the original reason for the bump nearly gave me a heart attack. Every post on this thread should at least begin with "*NOTHING HAPPENED OWEN HILTZ IS STILL COMING TO CUSE*"

1. CULVER MILITARY ACADEMY (IND.)
LAST SEASON: 20-1
The Eagles ended their season with 16 straight victories, including impressive wins over Haverford (Pa.), Gonzaga (D.C.), New Trier (Ill.) and Hill Academy (Ont.). Culver should have scoring pop, led by Owen Hiltz (Syracuse), and superb play in net from Michael Gianforcaro (Princeton), but it has to replace faceoff maestro Alec Stathakis (Denver).

In a normal year with a normal offseason and fall ball I would say Hiltz should definitely be starting on attack immediately. But who knows how the freshmen are going to get acclimated if their preseasons are in any way impacted by Covid. Not to mention they all missed a crucial chunk of their senior high school seasons, so in addition to having to learn a new system and adapt to new teammates/coaches, they might be pretty rusty. All of that being said, it can no longer be taken for granted that Hiltz or ANY top freshman across the country will make an immediate impact. Word on the street is that a lot of coaches are not expecting a whole lot from their freshmen this year. Will be very interesting to see how many of them truly emerge. I'd put Hiltz on the list with O'Neill, Grimes, Herbert, and Arline (assuming he plays lax for Navy) as guys whose talent should ultimately win out but I feel less certain about that than I did a few months ago.

Rusty for sure, but also competing for play time with expanded rosters and 5th years. Freshman are going to have to be either exceptional or patient in fall 2020 / spring 2021.

"While Hiltz could play midfield if needed, March sees most of his playing time coming at attack."

"March views Cook and Rehfuss as both guys that could create from X while Hiltz is more strictly an above cage player."

Reading between the lines we might be looking at Cook playing a 4th attack type role this year?

Well this is exciting. I like Cook and think he will develop into a good player when his time is over with here. He is tenacious on the ride, but if you're telling me with Hiltz on the field, there is another finisher/crease attackmen I think it could be very beneficial to the entire offense. He could play a similar role to Brad Voigt in his senior season. Rehfuss was great at getting Voigt the ball in spots he was comfortable in. Hopefully that is replicated.

"While Hiltz could play midfield if needed, March sees most of his playing time coming at attack."

"March views Cook and Rehfuss as both guys that could create from X while Hiltz is more strictly an above cage player."

Reading between the lines we might be looking at Cook playing a 4th attack type role this year?

I believe so yes, Hiltz will likely be starting at attack come game 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom