Class of 2023 - New commit(s) | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 New commit(s)

We've got at least some of the visitors here. Anyone see Rooks? I spot Mack on the right of the group in a white shirt. Anyone else we can identify?
FkNIa8dXwAIWMHQ

Is that Mack or Rooks ?

Is that Mack or Rooks ?
From Right to left the guy in the Army Green beanie is Khalil our recruiting Director. The player to the left of him is David O, the big dude a row below in the white is Trevion Mack NIU commit, to the left of him about 3 people over in the grey Sweatshirt is Isaiah Jones. No idea who is next to him, the guy in the Bright Green I think is Zyian Moultrie Goddard. There is two other dudes a couple rows over but I can't put face to name.

From Right to left the guy in the Army Green beanie is Khalil our recruiting Director. The player to the left of him is David O, the big dude a row below in the white is Trevion Mack NIU commit, to the left of him about 3 people over in the grey Sweatshirt is Isaiah Jones. No idea who is next to him, the guy in the Bright Green I think is Zyian Moultrie Goddard. There is two other dudes a couple rows over but I can't put face to name.
My bad the Guy in the White isn't Trevion, its actually Jordan Brown the transfer from Charlotte.

View attachment 223279
This is Ardell on his visit. I have heard inclinations we are high on him and trying to flip him from Kentucky. He visited on December 4 to Syracuse. Hopefully we can flip him. I just know we are high on him, not sure his mindset.
Wish this would happen. Would love that. Could probably play outside WR or Gadsden's roll here. No doubt the staff would use him nicely. Like that he can get off the line of scrimmage at his size. Kentucky does have 4 WR's coming in in 2023 but I don't see that anything has happened regarding Kentucky signing additional WR's since he signed though.

Any guesses on surprise signees this year? I feel like something seems to pop up.

So our 4 transfers don’t sign a LOI. So we confirm they made it when they register?

So, what do our experts think? I don't follow recruiting that well, but it seems to me we made a real effort to load up on linemen on both sides of the ball, especially with big guys who should be ready to go on the OL. As you look at our OL returnees, I see 5, maybe 6 guys who give me confidence. I think the 2 JUCOs and the transfer should all expect serious time.

We've got a lot of bodies returning on the D Line, and we added 4 young guys, and the guy from Alabama. If he's healthy enough to contribute, our D Line could be much better. Glad we got Rice at LB to go with the young freshman. If Thompson is healthy, it's not a bad group, but not terribly deep. We lost some top-end talent among the DBs, but the 2 transfers, on paper, seem like really good replacements. Really happy we got an experienced punter with a leg on him.

Losing Sellers would hurt, but doesn't he think he could beat Lamson or Del Rio after a year in the system? He would still have Beck coaching him. I still think we're missing a game breaker at WR. The fast kid from Kansas might be good, but strikes me as kind of a "meh". I'm not super blown away by either running back, compared to some of the guys we've recruited in the last few years, who wound up getting moved to defense, or not making it.

Seems like we fortified the depth on the lines, and plugged some holes. We could use a couple home run threats on offense, though.

Does anybody know who else they are targeting from the portal?

Babers was talking about getting more portal kids 1/4-1/9. Looks like more ovs then.

Also, a uniform five-day quiet period will replace the existing seven-day quiet period before the start of classes of a school's second academic term. The new quiet period will begin on the Wednesday before the first Saturday in January for two-year and four-year college transfer prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll at midyear.

Babers was talking about getting more portal kids 1/4-1/9. Looks like more ovs then.

Also, a uniform five-day quiet period will replace the existing seven-day quiet period before the start of classes of a school's second academic term. The new quiet period will begin on the Wednesday before the first Saturday in January for two-year and four-year college transfer prospective student-athletes who intend to enroll at midyear.
It's going to be interesting to see which positions they bring in to visit.

Gives us something to look forward to after the Thud finish with the HS prospects.

Thought we finished pretty strong with JUCO’s and had a very strong start to the portal.
Completely agree. I mean if people look at the full picture we brought in some nice talent this cycle across high school, portal, Juco and Grad. We pulled former 4 stars, 2nd rated Juco LB, a critical Center, DT from Bama and some pieces out of high school like Perry, Parkman, etc.
Phase 1 is complete and now phase 2. Its critical we get a playmaker at WR or TE from the portal to help Gadsden. I would take that oline guy from Utah if he was willing as he looks ready to play. If there is a prime Corner we could land to be in the rotation and push Wilson that benefits us. I am looking forward to what new pieces Beck targets. Phase 2 will be fun.

It's going to be interesting to see which positions they bring in to visit.
Doubt we will bring in any DL.

Maybe a CB or a WR. Could add an OL.

It will be interesting if they bring in a QB.

Probably smarter to wait until after spring ball. There will be a bunch of guys who lost battles for starting positions who will be looking to leave then. Like CDRW last year.

But right now, unless people leave, there is almost no room to add. There will be players leaving though. With the immediate eligibility transfer rule, there will always be players leaving after spring ball.

I think it is a good thing that there is a shorter portal window in the Spring. May 1-15. There are players still entering the portal this current cycle everyday. On top of all the HS kids that aren't getting recruited.

Doubt we will bring in any DL.

Maybe a CB or a WR. Could add an OL.

It will be interesting if they bring in a QB.

Probably smarter to wait until after spring ball. There will be a bunch of guys who lost battles for starting positions who will be looking to leave then. Like CDRW last year.

But right now, unless people leave, there is almost no room to add. There will be players leaving though. With the immediate eligibility transfer rule, there will always be players leaving after spring ball.
Agreed. I think a transfer WR or TE that may immediately contribute. Dline is done. Assuming Wax stays LB is done. Maybe a corner. I would still say that OT from Utah is a take because he can come right in and start. We have 4 RBs. QB room is fine right now but as CL mentioned there will be some post Spring game departures and my guess would be we could lose a Lamson or even CDRW depending on post spring depth chart.

Agreed. I think a transfer WR or TE that may immediately contribute. Dline is done. Assuming Wax stays LB is done. Maybe a corner. I would still say that OT from Utah is a take because he can come right in and start. We have 4 RBs. QB room is fine right now but as CL mentioned there will be some post Spring game departures and my guess would be we could lose a Lamson or even CDRW depending on post spring depth chart.
CDRW would have to sit a year as he's used his one time waiver, right?

CDRW would have to sit a year as he's used his one time waiver, right?
Unless they decide to change the rules it's one free transfer as an undergraduate. Then a kid can transfer again as a graduate without having to sit.

So, in this case, he'd have to wait and get his degree first, or he'd have to sit out.
Or drop down a level. Edit: I don't know that as a fact but if he dropped down to a North Dakota State or something could he play immediately? I thought he could. I just don't think both Lamson and CDRW would do a season as QB3. I think one of them would look for an opportunity elsewhere to see the field.

Or drop down a level. Edit: I don't know that as a fact but if he dropped down to a North Dakota State or something could he play immediately? I thought he could. I just don't think both Lamson and CDRW would do a season as QB3. I think one of them would look for an opportunity elsewhere to see the field.
CDRW would have to sit out a year, Lamson is coming off a major injury. I can't see either player moving this season, even with Sellers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom