New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL] | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Elijah Robinson [OFFICIAL]

I know this isn't the right GIF, exactly, but I don't care. I'm psyched.

Ben Affleck Film GIF

I’m all in on this experiment. It’s exciting. But, I do think there are alot of questions that will soon be answered…

1) Jimmy’s & Joe’s vs X’s & O’s - if we get the guys we’re potentially going to get, we are going to get the litmus test on this quickly. Maybe these guys are ready to lead teams and be coordinators, but they don’t have that experience. So in theory we should see if talent is more important.

2) Will they be able to recruit similar caliber guys without the biggest bags behind them? I get that HCFB did it at smaller NE schools, but we’re going to find out real quick what our capabilities are for bringing in the talent we covet.

3) Is this in fact a paradigm shift? Will we be successful utilizing this philosophy? We’re all in on potential and rizz, does it outweigh the tradition and experience that so often drives college FB hiring decision making?

It’s going to be fun. It is exciting. And I think we need to be unique to be successful in today’s college FB landscape.

Heres to the future.

I’m all in on this experiment. It’s exciting. But, I do think there are alot of questions that will soon be answered…

1) Jimmy’s & Joe’s vs X’s & O’s - if we get the guys we’re potentially going to get, we are going to get the litmus test on this quickly. Maybe these guys are ready to lead teams and be coordinators, but they don’t have that experience. So in theory we should see if talent is more important.

2) Will they be able to recruit similar caliber guys without the biggest bags behind them? I get that HCFB did it at smaller NE schools, but we’re going to find out real quick what our capabilities are for bringing in the talent we covet.

3) Is this in fact a paradigm shift? Will we be successful utilizing this philosophy? We’re all in on potential and rizz, does it outweigh the tradition and experience that so often drives college FB hiring decision making?

It’s going to be fun. It is exciting. And I think we need to be unique to be successful in today’s college FB landscape.

Heres to the future.

2. We're definitely not going to get the same caliber guys as A&M but we don't have to. Maybe we can get into the 30s from our usual 50ish. That would be huge.

Heres to the future.
When it was just Fran Brown I thought the idea of us getting a class around the top 25 sounded crazy.

With Brown and Robinson... I don't think it's crazy anymore.

This is going to be a major infusion of talent.

Obviously the coaching is going to need to be there, but we're going to look different. We're going to see guys make plays every once in a while we're just not used to.

Heres to the future.

Talent is always the most important thing. Check recruiting rankings and then check overall rankings and then look at the teams that made the CFP, the top 25, etc.

It's always been about talent first and foremost. Let me quote Saban talking about winning the title, "Damn game cost me a week of recruiting"

Heres to the future.
We could hope to be mid under the old approach. We at least have the potential to be damn good under the New Way.

I meant the experiment part. No half measures, this is going all in on focusing on talent acquisition.

And my guess their football acumen will be fine as well. Probably be bumps, but that’s fine
Our 2024 schedule is an ideal one in which to break in a rookie coach and experience bumps.

Heres to the future.
Good post. I dont know if this is all gonna work out or not but this is an injection we all needed. Fun times.

Heres to the future.
I dont care if they don’t recruit like UGA, just recruit better than here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom