New Dome Locker Room | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

DIGbhc2XUAAb1Xs.jpg

DIGbhc9XcAAwevB.jpg

This picture does the renovation more justice. The raised ceiling is a big improvement. Like seeing the orange walls. I bet they will put up player pictures (maybe seniors) similar to the player photos that basketball uses. Also appears the divider might seperate offense vs defense maybe? Years ago I remember Coach Orgeron running the D-Line pre-game chat in the shower.
I wonder if the dividing wall is so that when smaller teams use it they are on one side without feeling like they're in a cavern.

The newer pictures are a little better. Looks on Par with some FCS locker rooms.

Here are some high school locker rooms...
19IMGweb-alt2-superJumbo.jpg

6944 (1)_1.jpg.png

508388178_1280x720.jpg

Locker-Room.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks...that looks much better. BTW the uniforms seem to have more visible numbers.
The numbers only seem more visable because the shirt is folded so more number shows in the space and you're not seeing them from the seats. They suck!!

Its an upgrade. Previous lockers were high schoolish. These are up to date with D1 but not above average.
Is it the angle or is it a tiny locker room? I don't remember it being that small. Is bball diff?

Thanks...that looks much better. BTW the uniforms seem to have more visible numbers.
I agree. Maybe it's the photo but is the orange more pinkish?

Where I work, here are the locker rooms. With that said, they use these locker rooms year round for football. All practices, etc... It's used WAY more than what SU football uses the locker room for. Take a look at the football locker rooms in Manley. They are very nice, and used WAY more by the team.

102916_Rhode_Island_04.JPG

The newer pictures are a little better. Looks on Par with some FCS locker rooms.

Here are some high school locker rooms...
19IMGweb-alt2-superJumbo.jpg

6944 (1)_1.jpg.png

508388178_1280x720.jpg

Locker-Room.jpg
Ridiculous. Bat-stuff crazy stupid waste of money.

Seriously, this is one area I couldn't care less about. As long as the place is clean, has enough space, and looks reasonably modern, it's fine. Players who get in a knot about the locker room not looking like an a/v expo can go play somewhere else for all I care.

Of all the things that money could be spent on, sheesh.

Seriously, this is one area I couldn't care less about. As long as the place is clean, has enough space, and looks reasonably modern, it's fine. Players who get in a knot about the locker room not looking like an a/v expo can go play somewhere else for all I care.

Here's the thing though; the locker rooms aren't meant for you... Everyone wants a nice work environment; offices, break rooms, it's human nature, and it definitely can tip the scales in recruiting a kid...

Actually, me too. I wasn't trying to sound negative, just trying to point out the kids perspective. First locker room pic I posted was IMG. (you want those kids?) The other's basketball high schools... Both will be using Dome locker rooms game day...BBall more... IMG kid's are going to say huhh? In relative expense, it's cheap $$, so I expected a little more...(Okay, alot) New pics show it more serviceable... There are still many locker rooms far nicer...At lower levels. (Check JMU pic posted) To the positive...

The dome is the seller... They mentioned an LED light package.. They better knock this one out of the park. Most of these kids have never been in a dome... If they get it right, it will be their single biggest recruiting tool.. NO ONE else can offer it.

Does anyone remember the Manley locker room interactive tour link? Please Post. (should have bookmarked it)

That is BCS caliber. Locker room, itself, is O.K. Dial combo's for valuables, as opposed to keypad. Dunno if each locker has USB charging, but kids like that stuff... Right next to the weight room(Not so in some other schools) and the equipment guy has a window, directly into the locker room... So the player can get what he needs... Lounge joins it...(BCS caliber) Next to the lounge is the Kitchen.. 3 Private chef's... Not the private chef's Alabama puts in their dorm's(24/7), but hey, they at least tried to address the competition. Next to the showers are 2 hot/cold tubs. Some schools have 3. But they addressed it. Barber shop next to the showers... At the IPF there are 2 massive TV screens, running Madden, and it's NBA counterpart... Some schools skip this altogether. The other's tend to have 1 screen... So they're winning the video game battle... Can't believe I just said that...

So I expected more at the dome... The kids are bringing in $85 million... And yeah, I'd rather they knocked the dome renovations out of the park, than blowing it on a locker room... If they nail the Dome, the locker room is just the nail in the coffin... It's not, right now... We'll see what happens..

Actually, me too. I wasn't trying to sound negative, just trying to point out the kids perspective. First locker room pic I posted was IMG. (you want those kids?) The other's basketball high schools... Both will be using Dome locker rooms game day...BBall more... IMG kid's are going to say huhh? In relative expense, it's cheap $$, so I expected a little more...(Okay, alot) New pics show it more serviceable... There are still many locker rooms far nicer...At lower levels. (Check JMU pic posted) To the positive...

The dome is the seller... They mentioned an LED light package.. They better knock this one out of the park. Most of these kids have never been in a dome... If they get it right, it will be their single biggest recruiting tool.. NO ONE else can offer it.

Does anyone remember the Manley locker room interactive tour link? Please Post. (should have bookmarked it)

That is BCS caliber. Locker room, itself, is O.K. Dial combo's for valuables, as opposed to keypad. Dunno if each locker has USB charging, but kids like that stuff... Right next to the weight room(Not so in some other schools) and the equipment guy has a window, directly into the locker room... So the player can get what he needs... Lounge joins it...(BCS caliber) Next to the lounge is the Kitchen.. 3 Private chef's... Not the private chef's Alabama puts in their dorm's(24/7), but hey, they at least tried to address the competition. Next to the showers are 2 hot/cold tubs. Some schools have 3. But they addressed it. Barber shop next to the showers... At the IPF there are 2 massive TV screens, running Madden, and it's NBA counterpart... Some schools skip this altogether. The other's tend to have 1 screen... So they're winning the video game battle... Can't believe I just said that...

So I expected more at the dome... The kids are bringing in $85 million... And yeah, I'd rather they knocked the dome renovations out of the park, than blowing it on a locker room... If they nail the Dome, the locker room is just the nail in the coffin... It's not, right now... We'll see what happens..
A state of the art LED system would be great for the fans and could knock the socks off recruits.

Pretty much what I would expect out of Syracuse. Do barely enough to show they care that little. These should have been on a higher scale. Game day is the most important day and the kids should have every amenity available. The s is the wrong shade of orange, don't see any power supplies in the lockers, no tvs... hopefully this is just a stop gap until the remodel.

Pretty much what I would expect out of Syracuse. Do barely enough to show they care that little. These should have been on a higher scale. Game day is the most important day and the kids should have every amenity available. The s is the wrong shade of orange, don't see any power supplies in the lockers, no tvs... hopefully this is just a stop gap until the remodel.

There is one tv, look again.

This picture does the renovation more justice. The raised ceiling is a big improvement. Like seeing the orange walls. I bet they will put up player pictures (maybe seniors) similar to the player photos that basketball uses. Also appears the divider might seperate offense vs defense maybe? Years ago I remember Coach Orgeron running the D-Line pre-game chat in the shower.
Yeah, they had pictures up before, I'm sure they will again... O/D split absolutely. During halftime you typically start with your side of the ball and then split further to position groups. Coming together as a team right before heading back out.

This looks like a HS visitor's locker room compared to the rest of the cfb landscape.

23300201-mmmain.jpg

Couldn't agree more, if this is the best we can do we are in trouble

The locker room gets a 'makeover' and it's Bitch bitch bitch unbelievable

A makeover on a shoe string budget, yes its better but cmon were in the ACC not a SUNY school

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom