New Dome Locker Room | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

See I see this as a band aid till the renovation. Why drop big cash today that will be taken apart in a few months? I think the jokes across the nation about conditions they showed in the babers speech video made them have to do something but don't want to get to crazy till the dome Reno is done. But shy did tell me they really like the new locker room... said it needs so Syracuse murals but other than that the players are glad that got what they got for now. Leds come later
Sometimes it's better to bite one's tongue than to debate with people who never gave a dime to begin with.

Exactly. Because why not do it right the first time? You upgrade to average in 2017, how do you think these will compare to ACC peers in 5 years? You think they'll upgrade again in 2022? Of course not, these will be it for next 20+ years. It's a bandaid at best.

This is also one of about a dozen items that the renovation (if it ever happens) was supposed to address. Why not resolve whatever ongoing issues exist and figure out a renovation plan first before you start bandaiding issues? Why not be upfront with the public if it's a fundraising issue and figure out a plan? Seems backwards to me.
I think you're being a little dramatic. These will likely not be the locker rooms in 20 years so long as the ACC stays intact.

It's still just a locker room that gets used 6-7 times a year for maybe an hour.

I'd rather see SU spend the money on new apartments for the players. Where they spend at least 300 days a year.
I was going to post that same thing. Pretty up the living space if you're going to go overboard on something.

It's still just a locker room that gets used 6-7 times a year for maybe an hour.

I'd rather see SU spend the money on new apartments for the players. Where they spend at least 300 days a year.

It is used MUCH more than that

I think it is an embarrassment and a view of things to come, athletic dept revenue is re-routed to the central fund at record breaking percentages , not being reinvested in the sports programs, the dome project optics from school leadership are horrible if you love SU football and/or basketball.

Silence speaks volumes re the Dome.

It looks like they told the designer and general contractor "our initial plan on spend for the locker room was $2m, but it's now $200k and if you can do it for less, cut corners, please do so, we want to spend as little as possible, to make it up to you, we will give you more business in the future".

Cheap and Ugly is being kind. Doesn't matter if it is used 10xs per year, it is a key recruiting tool, now its more from a negative perception standpoint.

Biggest issue we have in recruiting right now is housing.

C'mon, if the ACC money doesn't pay these general university expenses, how on Earth can these coke bottle glasses wearing egghead professors go on their sabbaticals to Tuscany?

Exactly. Because why not do it right the first time? You upgrade to average in 2017, how do you think these will compare to ACC peers in 5 years? You think they'll upgrade again in 2022? Of course not, these will be it for next 20+ years. It's a bandaid at best.

This is also one of about a dozen items that the renovation (if it ever happens) was supposed to address. Why not resolve whatever ongoing issues exist and figure out a renovation plan first before you start bandaiding issues? Why not be upfront with the public if it's a fundraising issue and figure out a plan? Seems backwards to me.
If you've paid attention to the thread regarding campus renovation (primarily the dome), you know there are things that need to happen politically outside of the university before the dome reno takes place.

This bandaid takes the locker room from laughable to adequate without wasting too much time or money. It may not wow recruits, but at least we won't have to be embarrassed showing it to them. It goes from being a negative that the coaches have to explain away to a neutral that allows recruits to focus on the better, and ultimately more important, things we have to offer, our system and our coaches.

I would think a more substantial upgrade will take place with the larger dome reno. In the mean time, this closes the gap a bit.

Hopefully, Dino lets the cameras in after our next big upset so the world can see we don't have a 25 year old high school locker room anymore.

I think it is an embarrassment and a view of things to come, athletic dept revenue is re-routed to the central fund at record breaking percentages , not being reinvested in the sports programs, the dome project optics from school leadership are horrible if you love SU football and/or basketball.

Silence speaks volumes re the Dome.

It looks like they told the designer and general contractor "our initial plan on spend for the locker room was $2m, but it's now $200k and if you can do it for less, cut corners, please do so, we want to spend as little as possible, to make it up to you, we will give you more business in the future".

Cheap and Ugly is being kind. Doesn't matter if it is used 10xs per year, it is a key recruiting tool, now its more from a negative perception standpoint.

Biggest issue we have in recruiting right now is housing.

People were beating their chests here about silence from the school while this totally logical renovation was taking place.

It's a locker room in a stadium that looks like most other locker rooms in a college stadium.

Just another example of how bad our facilities were just a few years ago.

James Madison?

Are you kidding me?
They got this done this summer, following the national championship. The old locker room was still much better than SU's, but again I think JMU's locker room is used about three times as much as the dome locker rooms.

I can tell you without breaking confidentiality that the AD is very vested in keeping Dino and restoring the football program. There is definitely movement in the right direction. It's going to take time to overcome some of the decisions and actions taken by Gross during his tenure.
I have heard that also and believe what I have heard.

People were beating their chests here about silence from the school while this totally logical renovation was taking place.

It's a locker room in a stadium that looks like most other locker rooms in a college stadium.
This was the worst kept secret in the history of Syracuse university. Anyone with any kind of inside info knew this was happening late winter. The renovations for the dome are stalled till they can secure a lot of state funding. The core scandal stopped the state funds when the corruption scandal broke

This was the worst kept secret in the history of Syracuse university. Anyone with any kind of inside info knew this was happening late winter. The renovations for the dome are stalled till they can secure a lot of state funding. The core scandal stopped the state funds when the corruption scandal broke

Sorry if I'm alone in not getting this, but can you please explain what you mean?

To tell you bad of a secret it was, I didn't know it was one and thought it had already posted on the board.

My source? Sirius XM radio channel 84 who mentioned this about 2-3 months ago.

The host (Taylor Zarzar?) mentioned that he was busting Dino's chops about how his video was great but the optics of the locker room were horrible. Dino told him "that's getting fixed before the season starts". And the host was taking credit for "making it happen".

I figured it was common knowledge.

Sorry if I'm alone in not getting this, but can you please explain what you mean?
Don't...and COR has nothing to do with this as the plans are very fluid right now. Syracuse was supposed to drop a check off for $56 million just to fabricate the steel structure, but decided to hold off.

And who cares at this point about what the students want as most never entertain to go to the games. If you want students to go just build a new stadium next to Destiny as more are probably there on a Saturday than at the Dome. This part not directed at you, but at another earlier post.

Good idea push the remaining football fans away cause you don't see the bigger picture. I have been to games at sec and big ten venues I have seen the amenities so I know what I'm talking about. You have to see we are in an arms race and we need to spend the little money wisely not just putting bandaids on the problem. Right now Dino is doing a great job selling his vision to recruits but eventually that won't be enough. I'm not saying bet the farm I'm saying small things help. Yes the dome is cool and I love it but there hasn't been a major upgrade since it opened. Painting concrete or adding ribbon lighting doesn't push the needle. Shys father said it right. Yes kids come into the dome and see how cool it is after they visit uconn or bowling green or any other mac school but to take the next step we have to continue to beat out bigger schools. The Diamond in the rough like a shy doesn't come that often. The question. Su needs to answer is if we want to be the 8th or 10th best acc school or do we want to challenge for the top every 4 years. Personally I don't think that' is too much to ask for. Don't have to go crazy but be smart. The dome has made a ton of money for the university and its time to pay it back.
Again...it seems that this small time atmosphere is really bothering YOU. My suggestion is to become a fan of a team in the SEC or BIG10 and then you won't have to worry about SU not stepping up to YOUR standards. Personally, I couldn't care less if a player will not go to SU because all the "bells and whistles" are not the same as other schools. I'm a die hard SU fan and have seen them play in Michigan, Tenn, ND, Clemson, and other bigger program stadiums. Yes, they have a lot to offer but most of those schools are state universities and have a much bigger budget.

C'mon, if the ACC money doesn't pay these general university expenses, how on Earth can these coke bottle glasses wearing egghead professors go on their sabbaticals to Tuscany?
Maybe 60k a year per student over 13000 students annually? You guys are pretty bad at this.

Maybe 60k a year per student over 13000 students annually? You guys are pretty bad at this.
You really think 13000 students are ALL paying $60,000.00 annually?! Wow, you're pretty bad at this...

The old locker room was a jalopy. The new locker room is a nice new camry. The problem is the parking lot is full of Beamers, Benzs and Bentleys.

I hope when the Dome reno finally comes through, we get a locker room that is ahead of the curve. This will do, for the time being.

You really think 13000 students are ALL paying $60,000.00 annually?! Wow, you're pretty bad at this...

Students don't just get discounted tuition... the school still gets the $60,000 it just comes from other sources than the student's pocket.

To tell you bad of a secret it was, I didn't know it was one and thought it had already posted on the board.

My source? Sirius XM radio channel 84 who mentioned this about 2-3 months ago.

The host (Taylor Zarzar?) mentioned that he was busting Dino's chops about how his video was great but the optics of the locker room were horrible. Dino told him "that's getting fixed before the season starts". And the host was taking credit for "making it happen".

I figured it was common knowledge.
Again...it seems that this small time atmosphere is really bothering YOU. My suggestion is to become a fan of a team in the SEC or BIG10 and then you won't have to worry about SU not stepping up to YOUR standards. Personally, I couldn't care less if a player will not go to SU because all the "bells and whistles" are not the same as other schools. I'm a die hard SU fan and have seen them play in Michigan, Tenn, ND, Clemson, and other bigger program stadiums. Yes, they have a lot to offer but most of those schools are state universities and have a much bigger budget.
yeah I think what I'm saying keeps going right over your head. You're looking at things through your diehard glasses and aren't seeing the issues. I get it you love Syracuse football as do I but what is wrong with wanting the university to do something right the first time and not to do just enough where we are right back to obsolete within a few years

Don't...and COR has nothing to do with this as the plans are very fluid right now. Syracuse was supposed to drop a check off for $56 million just to fabricate the steel structure, but decided to hold off.

And who cares at this point about what the students want as most never entertain to go to the games. If you want students to go just build a new stadium next to Destiny as more are probably there on a Saturday than at the Dome. This part not directed at you, but at another earlier post.
Considering this was pointed at me. Why do you think they pulled the check. It's because funding they thought they had Didn't come through . This isn't a guess.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom