New Dome Locker Room | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New Dome Locker Room

Only took 4 comments to go negative. I would've gone with the under. If they are average or on par with most D1 teams then they'll be fine.

The problem this isn't on par, High School locker rooms are this nice

FWIW those are the exact same lockers as the ones in the football wing in Manley.

For those who are unaware the football locker room in the Dome is the same locker room used by basketball.

If we had locker rooms made of gold with 50" tv screens at every locker, there'd be complaints that we over spent and that money should have went to the complete Dome Reno.

Relax. It's a locker room that got a nice modern update.

Honestly, I don't want them to have flat screens with video games, ping pong tables and flashing lights in the Dome game day locker room. Throw on some music, suit up and get ready to win a game. This reno is fine in my books.

Edit: I'm one year out of college

Last edited:
the problem is you guys aren't thinking like a 17 year old kid. Recruits are going to walk into other schools and see the amazing locker rooms then walk into ours and think this isn't much better or maybe worse then their high school. Yes they aren't in there that much but they are still in there enough. This upgrade is very underwhelming compared to our pier schools in the acc and way cheaper then big ten and sec schools. Once again su shows their willingness to cheap out in areas they shouldn't be. For fans we don't care what locker rooms look like. We want led lights and better food comortable seats. Players wants luxery just like we do.

the problem is you guys aren't thinking like a 17 year old kid. Recruits are going to walk into other schools and see the amazing locker rooms then walk into ours and think this isn't much better or maybe worse then their high school. Yes they aren't in there that much but they are still in there enough. This upgrade is very underwhelming compared to our pier schools in the acc and way cheaper then big ten and sec schools. Once again su shows their willingness to cheap out in areas they shouldn't be. For fans we don't care what locker rooms look like. We want led lights and better food comortable seats. Players wants luxery just like we do.

I wonder what those same 17 year old kids think the very first time they walk out onto the field in the Dome on a recruiting visit?

In the grand theme of things, it's the Dome itself that matters most to the recruits and the fans game experience (after winning). Personally, I am looking forward to how the rest of the renovation plays out before I judge SU's "willingness to cheap out."

I wonder what those same 17 year old kids think the very first time they walk out onto the field in the Dome on a recruiting visit?

In the grand theme of things, it's the Dome itself that matters most to the recruits and the fans game experience (after winning). Personally, I am looking forward to how the rest of the renovation plays out before I judge SU's "willingness to cheap out."
I wouldn't be banking on a remodel anytime soon. Funding isn't even close. What do you think excites a kid more. Walking out of death valleys tunnel and seeing the possibility of Huge crowds and sprinting down the hill or walking out to 1/4 full dome where the student section shows up for the second quarter and shakes keys then leaves. Take off the orange glasses and look at it from a players standpoint yes the dome is cool but it's antiquated and doesn't have the amenities not the fans.

I wouldn't be banking on a remodel anytime soon. Funding isn't even close. What do you think excites a kid more. Walking out of death valleys tunnel and seeing the possibility of Huge crowds and sprinting down the hill or walking out to 1/4 full dome where the student section shows up for the second quarter and shakes keys then leaves. Take off the orange glasses and look at it from a players standpoint yes the dome is cool but it's antiquated and doesn't have the amenities not the fans.

agree the dome is unique in itself but when its less than half full its enough to suck the energy out of anyone.

playing in a climate controlled (minus A/C) indoor facility suits this offense well and is certainly a selling point for going fast but we need to put some "lipstick" on it and get it into the 20th century

You can tell who the old curmudgeons are! Some of this stuff is the first nice thing to happen to su football in a decade and a half!

Guys it is fine in total they will spend about 30 hours a year here. Manley matters. Put money into a new dorm staff and competent medical team. Home game locker rooms are not selling recruits

Well, diplomatically, I'll just say, opinions vary. There's nothing bigger than game day, and all that that incorporates. There's a reason why a bride endlessly searches for and then strives for that unforgettable wedding dress...even if it's only for a few short hours...

Last edited:
It is a nice addition for the players.

It may not be what the guys from Ohio State or Alabama or Clemson, North Carolina or Va Tech have, but it certainly is a big improvement over what was there.

And, it demonstrates to me that the new AD is listening to Dino.

I'm sure that this is just the first step in the development of the Dome lockeroom.

We have come a long way since the early 2000s and we have a long way to go.

But I am happy that there seems to be movement in the right direction.

Where I work, here are the locker rooms. With that said, they use these locker rooms year round for football. All practices, etc... It's used WAY more than what SU football uses the locker room for. Take a look at the football locker rooms in Manley. They are very nice, and used WAY more by the team.

102916_Rhode_Island_04.JPG

Just another example of how bad our facilities were just a few years ago.

James Madison?

Are you kidding me?

I can tell you that during Shy's recruitment the dome empty (before season) and half full (fsu game 2014) was more of an impression than the other stadiums we visited. (Tcu Miami bc a few others) there is just something cool about being in a dome ( especially when you come from snow state). No we didn't go to bama or Clemson or Michigan but over all the kids we are competeing for ( right now) aren't going to those schools. I hope they come in with a new clear roof with led lights, a giant score board and some ridiculous led and tvs in the locker room when the dome is redone... and hopefully at that point we are wooing those 5 star bama kids

Sounds like to me you should become a Clemson fan and leave us real SU fans here to discuss the up coming season.

Just another example of how bad our facilities were just a few years ago.

James Madison?

Are you kidding me?

Well, they are, and have been a major player in football...............FCS that is. ;):)

FWIW those are the exact same lockers as the ones in the football wing in Manley.

For those who are unaware the football locker room in the Dome is the same locker room used by basketball.

If we had locker rooms made of gold with 50" tv screens at every locker, there'd be complaints that we over spent and that money should have went to the complete Dome Reno.

Relax. It's a locker room that got a nice modern update.
Right - and you wouldn't want to poison the well by giving the anti-athletic factions grist for their mill prior to dome renovation decisions.

Boy it seems like a lot of newbs are coming out of the woodwork to trash this remodel and SU. And some are a bit relentless about it.

Might have to start checking for ID's at the door.
I'm not new I'm 40 years old and have been a life long diehard su football. 20 years of status quo has turned the lights on and this is what happens.

Sounds like to me you should become a Clemson fan and leave us real SU fans here to discuss the up coming season.
Good idea push the remaining football fans away cause you don't see the bigger picture. I have been to games at sec and big ten venues I have seen the amenities so I know what I'm talking about. You have to see we are in an arms race and we need to spend the little money wisely not just putting bandaids on the problem. Right now Dino is doing a great job selling his vision to recruits but eventually that won't be enough. I'm not saying bet the farm I'm saying small things help. Yes the dome is cool and I love it but there hasn't been a major upgrade since it opened. Painting concrete or adding ribbon lighting doesn't push the needle. Shys father said it right. Yes kids come into the dome and see how cool it is after they visit uconn or bowling green or any other mac school but to take the next step we have to continue to beat out bigger schools. The Diamond in the rough like a shy doesn't come that often. The question. Su needs to answer is if we want to be the 8th or 10th best acc school or do we want to challenge for the top every 4 years. Personally I don't think that' is too much to ask for. Don't have to go crazy but be smart. The dome has made a ton of money for the university and its time to pay it back.

Last edited:
It is a nice addition for the players.

It may not be what the guys from Ohio State or Alabama or Clemson, North Carolina or Va Tech have, but it certainly is a big improvement over what was there.

And, it demonstrates to me that the new AD is listening to Dino.

I'm sure that this is just the first step in the development of the Dome lockeroom.

We have come a long way since the early 2000s and we have a long way to go.

But I am happy that there seems to be movement in the right direction.

I can tell you without breaking confidentiality that the AD is very vested in keeping Dino and restoring the football program. There is definitely movement in the right direction. It's going to take time to overcome some of the decisions and actions taken by Gross during his tenure.

The locker room gets a 'makeover' and it's Bitch bitch bitch unbelievable
Exactly. Because why not do it right the first time? You upgrade to average in 2017, how do you think these will compare to ACC peers in 5 years? You think they'll upgrade again in 2022? Of course not, these will be it for next 20+ years. It's a bandaid at best.

This is also one of about a dozen items that the renovation (if it ever happens) was supposed to address. Why not resolve whatever ongoing issues exist and figure out a renovation plan first before you start bandaiding issues? Why not be upfront with the public if it's a fundraising issue and figure out a plan? Seems backwards to me.

Exactly. Because why not do it right the first time? You upgrade to average in 2017, how do you think these will compare to ACC peers in 5 years? You think they'll upgrade again in 2022? Of course not, these will be it for next 20+ years. It's a bandaid at best.

This is also one of about a dozen items that the renovation (if it ever happens) was supposed to address. Why not resolve whatever ongoing issues exist and figure out a renovation plan first before you start bandaiding issues? Why not be upfront with the public if it's a fundraising issue and figure out a plan? Seems backwards to me.
See I see this as a band aid till the renovation. Why drop big cash today that will be taken apart in a few months? I think the jokes across the nation about conditions they showed in the babers speech video made them have to do something but don't want to get to crazy till the dome Reno is done. But shy did tell me they really like the new locker room... said it needs so Syracuse murals but other than that the players are glad that got what they got for now. Leds come later

It's still just a locker room that gets used 6-7 times a year for maybe an hour.

I'd rather see SU spend the money on new apartments for the players. Where they spend at least 300 days a year.
Most of the players moved out into a new apartment building this summer. They players get the money Syracuse charges them for the dorms in their checks and pay for the apartments. Shy moved in with Moe kj and Adams. He loves it. I think with all the upper classman doing this it can open up the town house style dorms the upperclassman used to move into for the incoming players to use and the brick apartments can stop being used all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom