New Exterior Signs For Dome | Syracusefan.com

New Exterior Signs For Dome

BVille44

All Conference
Here is some information from the Onondaga County Planning Board. Looks like we will have a new sign on the dome roof facing I-81 along with four other exterior signs.
6C13F575-9ED2-450A-83CB-5BCB04F0B99F.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is some information from the Onondaga County Planning Board. Looks like we will have a new sign on the dome roof facing I-81 along with four other exterior signs.
View attachment 217301
The one on the crown truss is surely going to be lit up. No way it goes there unless that was the plan.

Guessing the others will also be lighted signs, except possibly the ground sign.

2300 square foot is a lot of space. Thinking a JMA WIRELESS DOME sign with letters 5 feet high that is 46 feet long is being planned for the big one. Probably will include their logo too. Given the enormous size of the crown truss, anything smaller would look really weird.

They spent the money. Might as well get their money’s worth.

Last edited:
The one on the crown truss is surely going to be lit up. No one it goes there unless that was the plan.

Guessing the others will also be lighted signs, except possibly the ground sign.

2300 square foot is a lot of space. Thinking a JMA WIRELESS DOME sign with letters 5 feet high that is 46 feet long is being planned for the big one. Probably will include their logo too. Given the enormous size of the crown truss, anything smaller would look really weird.

They spent the money. Might as well get their money’s worth.
Being an Industrial Design graduate from SU, part of my work has included major Signage Design for corporations, local businesses and large, upscale living developments with houses costing a lot of money.

If the business, in this case, Syracuse University, has the vision and funding for really creative work, which it does - it can add visual appeal to the overall appearance of the property/building. I think that is the way they are going about this and it has been in the works for some time waiting for a naming donor. Once the donor was chosen, the work could then be completed. The major sign, 2300' if done right, should add to the look of the building and could look like it is an integral part of the crown truss and identify the Dome and company appropriately with its design and JMA's logo.

It should be interesting to see how the large signage and letters blends with the truss and how the names appear on the building itself - they could use various systems like back illuminated, (back lit), letters for the building itself or other lighting that would enhance the signage.

The signage should, in the end, look great. Anything less will detract from what, from this designers opinion, is an already great look of the crown truss and how its lighting was designed and completed and how it adds to and creates another wonderful visual effect to the Dome at night. They have the opportunity to use color here to blend with the colors in use going up the columns and all around the truss.

There are many types of illumination and you can see what can be done successfully by viewing the use of various techniques at SoFi Stadium. On the roof of the stadium, which is amazing, is the largest LED screen in the world done to be seen from an airplane showing the televised game going on inside. Two links show the exterior at night and the link at the bottom the LED roof.

Last edited:
View attachment 217301
It’s too bad nobody can actually see it from 81. Thanks to Nancy.

Somebody got SuePark'd
TexanMark - yeah, me. tomcat explained about who he, she was and how it dislikes everything. That's how it gets its jollies, I guess.

I don't know why he/she can't express his/her opinions in the thread about what she/he feels about the post and others posts.

Looked this up after the mods PM'd her/him last night. There are things the admins can do about it if they choose to.

Last edited:
TexanMark - yeah, me. tomcat explained about who he, she was and how it dislikes everything. That's how it gets its jollies, I guess.

I don't know why he/she can't express his/her opinions in the thread about what she/he feels about the post and others posts.

Looked this up after the mods PM'd her/him last night. There are things the admins can do about it if they choose to.

SuePark = THE Good Doctor

Onondaga County Planning Board 7/6/22:

Project consists of five new exterior signs containing the new donor’s name at the JMA Dome; one roof sign facing west totaling 2,220 sf to be located on the crown truss at the west façade of the JMA Dome; three wall signs at the southwest, northeast, and southeast corners of the JMA Dome each totaling 810 sf; and a new monument ground sign facing west along Irving Avenue totaling 100 sf; and the attachment notes the signs will be blue, although the final shade of blue has not been finalized; no signs will be internally lit.

Onondaga County Planning Board 7/6/22:

Project consists of five new exterior signs containing the new donor’s name at the JMA Dome; one roof sign facing west totaling 2,220 sf to be located on the crown truss at the west façade of the JMA Dome; three wall signs at the southwest, northeast, and southeast corners of the JMA Dome each totaling 810 sf; and a new monument ground sign facing west along Irving Avenue totaling 100 sf; and the attachment notes the signs will be blue, although the final shade of blue has not been finalized; no signs will be internally lit.
BVille44 is all over this story. Nice work.

Sounds like the signs will be made visible at night by means of projected light.

Surprised the shade of blue has not been finalized.

Thinking the big sign on the crown truss might look like this:

1657904978285.png

And the ones on the corners might look like this:

1657905001305.png

That shade of blue should look nice against the grey backdrop of the concrete walls. Very Dallas Cowboys.

BVille44 is all over this story. Nice work.

Sounds like the signs will be made visible at night by means of projected light.

Surprised the shade of blue has not been finalized.

Thinking the big sign on the crown truss might look like this:

View attachment 218329

And the ones on the corners might look like this:

View attachment 218330

That shade of blue should look nice against the grey backdrop of the concrete walls. Very Dallas Cowboys.
Thanks , now I have to hate it !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom