New Facilities | Syracusefan.com

New Facilities

Warrenn28

Walk On
SU really needs to look into the new dorms out there and facilities. We have the largest fan base at the games. Need to ensure we have the best accommodations to go with it for these recruits. It makes a huge difference.

I agree. Now that the Dome renovation is going to happen this should be the next thing on the agenda for the athletic department.

Agreed. The reality of the situation is that every perk you offer for these kids becomes another component in their decision making process. Having specific living accommodations for a team provides benefits for the program as well as the players. It provides continuity and a sense of commonality for the team outside of the practice and game environment. Here is a look at what Kentucky has set up. Impressive.

As with other things that are controversial with the Kentucky Basketball program the facility was built with a 7 million dollar donation from the Kentucky Coal Industry.

Get an inside look at new housing for Kentucky basketball players

Agreed. The reality of the situation is that every perk you offer for these kids becomes another component in their decision making process. Having specific living accommodations for a team provides benefits for the program as well as the players. It provides continuity and a sense of commonality for the team outside of the practice and game environment. Here is a look at what Kentucky has set up. Impressive.

As with other things that are controversial with the Kentucky Basketball program the facility was built with a 7 million dollar donation from the Kentucky Coal Industry.

Get an inside look at new housing for Kentucky basketball players

By the same token, I don't think Arizona has a special dorm or a practice facility. Like you said, these are perks. They enhance the personal relationships that coaches have built with the recruits but they don't deliver the recruits.

By the same token, I don't think Arizona has a special dorm or a practice facility. Like you said, these are perks. They enhance the personal relationships that coaches have built with the recruits but they don't deliver the recruits.
UA does...

It's the next phase of the arms race. I'm sure the University it's aware though.

AZ has sun. Not all climates are created equal. Syracuse would be more attractive to recruits if it had superior residential facilities. It would help recruiting during the transition if the new dorm came on-line for the transition. Transitions are always risky. Lets get this done ASAP.

On the downside, it will further isolate the players. However, thanks to Squid and now Puke, the charade that they are student athletes is now thoroughly exposed. 'One and dones' are hired guns. They generally go where the rewards are greatest.

Last edited:
Of course it would be great and I expect it will get done eventually, but let's not be disappointed. In a span of ten years we'll have new basketball and football practice facilities and major Dome renovations. So many other schools don't put money back in. Can't say that about Cuse.

On top of the movie theater, basketball court, and much more they even have a barbershop. I also heard they have a personal chef.

The Melo Center for 200, Alex.

The Melo Center is nice, I've been there a bunch of times but at this point while it is a recruiting tool, it's only a recruiting tool against non power schools. The schools we're recruiting against have very similar facilities or better. We actually may be behind the curve at this point.

I don't think Boeheim really cares. It seems he only thinks about the game itself. Potion is more into bells and whistles. I do support better favilities

I don't think Boeheim really cares. It seems he only thinks about the game itself. Potion is more into bells and whistles. I do support better favilities
Pitino / facilities. Sorry

Of course these things matter. Syracuse must get an athletics dorm and to significantly upgrade the locker rooms. These are mandatory requirements if we want to compete for ACC championships. Locker rooms will be part of the dome reno so that should be good. Dorm: gotta spend some ACC money. Period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom