New mock draft: Lydon # | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New mock draft: Lydon #

My jumper is deadly

I just assumed that you spent the whole team interview / speed dating meetings discussing your golf game with the NBA front office types, and that took up all the time which meant you never got around to discussing your prodigious consumption of PBR.

I just assumed that you spent the whole team interview / speed dating meetings discussing your golf game with the NBA front office types, and that took up all the time which meant you never got around to discussing your prodigious consumption of PBR.

I may have vaulted into the top 10 if that came up

The guys who said he wouldn't perform well at the combine were wrong.

FWIW Lydon's working out with the Raptors today who pick 23rd and has another workout scheduled with the Bulls coming up as well who pick 16th.

I would have said late 1st/early 2nd before the combine. He tested very very well there. Shot the ball really well and tested at guard level times in the agility drill. I could see him jumping into the teens/early 20's

I don't think he will go in the lottery, but do think he will be between 20-25. You never know with NBA execs, they start grabbing a bunch of international kids and all of a sudden TL is on the edge of round 2.

If I'm looking at guys to pick in today's NBA being a shooter on Lydon's level is a big factor at least to me. He's no slouch size wise or athletically either. He tested well for his group of bigs and even in against the guard group. He was one of the most impressive shooters there.

Reading these Lydon threads, it's hard for me to believe that everyone is hoping for the best for him on draft night.

Its sad if that is the case and id question if those people are real Syracuse fans. At this point, what's best for him is what's best for us. Extending our streak of first round draft picks is a selling point to recruits, period. Its quantifiable data which shows no matter how well the team does were still cranking out 1st rounds year in and year out. This goes a long way to getting quality recruits.

What odds am I getting? I think he definitely moved up into the top 20, and can see him late lottery.

#14 or better I pay $100
#15-22 I pay $50
#23 - #30 you pay $50
2nd round you pay $100

Reading these Lydon threads, it's hard for me to believe that everyone is hoping for the best for him on draft night.
Simple reality check. Yes, I consider him to be a great shooter, but in my opinion he needs a lot of room to get his shot off. I understand that others disagree with me on that point. We'll find out next year who is right. I think he'll go late first round, early second round. Like others have said, you never know what the NBA execs will do. Darko Milicic was drafted before Carmelo Anthony.

Protect, defend and then ultimately root...for your POST over everything else.

Kaiser's Board Rule #2

Simple reality check. Yes, I consider him to be a great shooter, but in my opinion he needs a lot of room to get his shot off. I understand that others disagree with me on that point. We'll find out next year who is right. I think he'll go late first round, early second round. Like others have said, you never know what the NBA execs will do. Darko Milicic was drafted before Carmelo Anthony.

Next year?

We now judge NBA careers by rookie stats? Kawai Leonard and Paul George must suck

Next year?
We now judge NBA careers by rookie stats? Kawai Leonard and Paul George must suck
It won't take any time at all to see if Lydon is successful in getting his shot off in the NBA.

Leonard made All Rookie 1st team in 2012. Paul George made All Rookie 2nd team in 2011. If Lydon achieves what either Leonard or George did in their rookie seasons then I would consider him a huge success in year 1. No, a player's first season in the pros will not always predict success or failure but it will give a more accurate estimation of his potential than a player coming directly out of college.

Last edited:
I looked at 3 mock drafts and the highest Lydon was ranked was 33rd. Quite a drop from the original mid-teens. I wonder if he had to do it over would he have decided to return for his Junior year had he not been projected as a 1st round pick?

That's absurd. I don't think he's making his decision based on what a bunch of bloggers are guessing. Good lord.

No one is rooting against him, people are just being honest and realistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom