New mock draft: Lydon # | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New mock draft: Lydon #

Yeah gotta raise my hand on that one. They still don't shoot a lot, but it's not a huge issue. If you played Middleton and Parker together with Brogdon, that should be enough shooting.

And with Thon at C too.

And 24th in attempts is still a pretty large jump up. Pretty sure we were last by a wide margin last year.

And with Thon at C too.

And 24th in attempts is still a pretty large jump up. Pretty sure we were last by a wide margin last year.

30th in attempts, 15.6 per game. 21st in %, 34.5% So yeah, I guess my takes are about a year out of date

True, but some teams may look at that as an opportunity. He is pretty athletic and highly skilled. If they can help him transform his body, he could be a huge value pick in the 20's.

On the other hand, they might think "this kid isn't serious about his career" or "he has bad habits". I hope Lydon is successful, but I'm not sure if he has learned to be assertive enough. It's kind of like what they used to say about Triche - "he doesn't realize how good he could be".

On the other hand, they might think "this kid isn't serious about his career" or "he has bad habits". I hope Lydon is successful, but I'm not sure if he has learned to be assertive enough. It's kind of like what they used to say about Triche - "he doesn't realize how good he could be".

To slightly go off track; I never really got that criticism of Triche. I didn't see a whole lot of untapped potential there.

Not sure how assertive you want your 7th man to be. He will be counted on to basically sit in the corner and knock down open 3s at a 37+% clip.

To slightly go off track; I never really got that criticism of Triche. I didn't see a whole lot of untapped potential there.

It's just some BS some people say about players who aren't particularly emotional on the court.

In fact, they do it with coaches too. Marrone used to get criticized on here for not "going nuts" on the sidelines. Gotta yell and scream to get the boys ready to play!!!

Boeheim felt that he could have look for his shot a little more.

The only concern i have about Lydon is that he does not have an alfa dog personality. In my opinion a first round pick has to have the skills which he does but i believe they also need to be leaders. Be that player who wants the ball in the clutch. For me in order to be a first round selection you have to have both. Dion has both. Lydon not so much.

The only concern i have about Lydon is that he does not have an alfa dog personality. In my opinion a first round pick has to have the skills which he does but i believe they also need to be leaders. Be that player who wants the ball in the clutch. For me in order to be a first round selection you have to have both. Dion has both. Lydon not so much.
Well, that doesn't sound like a completely made up way to evaluate a player's fitness for getting drafted in the 1st round at all.

This post right here explains why people who are good at math continue to take over sports management offices.

It's just some BS some people say about players who aren't particularly emotional on the court.

In fact, they do it with coaches too. Marrone used to get criticized on here for not "going nuts" on the sidelines. Gotta yell and scream to get the boys ready to play!!!

I think with Triche and Lydon it was the lack of assertiveness that brought criticism of them not reaching their potential, not the lack of emotion.

Andrew White lacked emotion. Dude was a statue. But we'd never criticize him for not imposing his will on a game or not getting everything out of his talents.

Last edited:
I think with Triche and Lydon it was the lack of assertiveness that brought criticism of them not reaching their potential, not the lack of emotion.

Andrew White lacked emotion. Dude was a statue. But we'd never criticize him for not imposing his will on a game or not getting everything out of his talents.

What draft pick ever reaches their potential in college anymore? Lydon had the same sophomore year numbers as John Wallace. If he left after 94 people would have sang the same tune about him.

As far as Triche goes, he was the second leading scorer on a 30 win FF team that was one possession away from competing for the title. Hard to ask for much more.

What draft pick ever reaches their potential in college anymore? Lydon had the same sophomore year numbers as John Wallace. If he left after 94 people would have sang the same tune about him.

As far as Triche goes, he was the second leading scorer on a 30 win FF team that was one possession away from competing for the title. Hard to ask for much more.

The point I am making is about why they are criticized not whether the criticism is valid.

I never felt that way about them. Triche was a guy offensively who was average to good at basically everything, but great at nothing. He could handle, pass, shoot the 3, penetrate, finish at the rim...he could do all those things fairly well, but he wasn't great at any of those things. So you got a solid all around player, but not a star.

Lydon lacked the ability to do anything off the dribble or create for himself. I don't think it was assertiveness, it was him lacking those skills and our team lacking a guard that was good at getting him the ball in the right spots st the right times. I think a Z Sims would've added 3-4 ppg to Tyler's scoring average.

It has nothing to do with showing emotion. It has to do with confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom