New noel blog | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New noel blog

I have never heard a kid say I want to play slow ball in college yet somehow teams like UCLA, Wisky and Gtown always get really good players. Do not read too much into his quote.

You guys have too many bigs already. This kid is smart so this is a Ken tuck vs Gtown matchup no matter what you fellas think.

How juvenile. Did that make you feel like a big man?

Why dont you move back to Syracuse and watch the snow fall in May? You would not live in Syracuse but you recommend Mr. Noel move to Central New York?

That seems pretty hypocritical sir.

I would imagine that you understand that Noel wouldn't be making a lifetime commitment to live in Syracuse. And honestly, I've never understood the love people have for DC. It's a pretty shallow City with very little character. I've found it far more uptight and snobbier than Manhattan ever could be. I'd live in Syracuse before you could ever get me to spend more than a weekend in DC.

I didn't stay in Syracuse after graduating but would have had I found a job there. The snow in May does happen - we had minor flurries (less than flurries really) during finals week in 2003 - but the city has fun bars, good restaurants, nice suburbs with good schools. I live in Manhattan, but aside from riding the subway to work, I don't know how much different my life would be in Syracuse except I would have season tickets to SU football and basketball and think of the Dome as a second home.

I have never heard a kid say I want to play slow ball in college yet somehow teams like UCLA, Wisky and Gtown always get really good players. Do not read too much into his quote.

You guys have too many bigs already. This kid is smart so this is a Ken tuck vs Gtown matchup no matter what you fellas think.
:rolling:

That's adorable. Why don't you go tell that to all 12 of the other Georgetown fans who post on your board.

Serious time fellers

Did Fat Melo improve by leaps and bounds on his back to the basket moves in his time in Central NY?

You foolish mortals if he did not like our style we would have never got this far in his recruitment. If he really wanted to get up and down he would have gone to UNC.

Plus what are the chances we play at a faster pace next year? Our pace has been dictated by our scoring talent under JT3. Right we all do not know so speculation is unwise. Also keep in mind they play a version of the GTown offense at his high school. If he did not like it he could have left a long time ago.

And the reason G. Hill did not go to Gtown is not over a stupid book as you gentleman claim. The reason he went to Dukkke is Coach K recruited him so very hard while JT Jr was lagging behind. This is from the la boca del caballo.

I understand you are used to having 60% of Syracuse fans at your home games and this probably feels right to you but this is not a gtown board.

Syracuse has more fans that Gtown
Kansas has more fans than Syracuse
UNC has more fans than Kansas
Kentucky has more fans than UNC

What does it all mean and more importantly who cares????

I would imagine that you understand that Noel wouldn't be making a lifetime commitment to live in Syracuse. And honestly, I've never understood the love people have for DC. It's a pretty shallow City with very little character. I've found it far more uptight and snobbier than Manhattan ever could be. I'd live in Syracuse before you could ever get me to spend more than a weekend in DC.

I didn't stay in Syracuse after graduating but would have had I found a job there. The snow in May does happen - we had minor flurries (less than flurries really) during finals week in 2003 - but the city has fun bars, good restaurants, nice suburbs with good schools. I live in Manhattan, but aside from riding the subway to work, I don't know how much different my life would be in Syracuse except I would have season tickets to SU football and basketball and think of the Dome as a second home.
Listen I understand the G Town hate but to flat out dog DC is crazy. I would live in DC any day of the week over Manhattan. The place is great I haved lived in Northern Virginia my whole life (minus 5 years in college) and visit DC atleast once a month you are really selling it short.

Serious time fellers

Did Fat Melo improve by leaps and bounds on his back to the basket moves in his time in Central NY?
you will be here when Noel makes his choice, right? What proof do you have that Kansas has more fans than Syracuse? We draw more at home. We draw more on the road ( as you already know, wink, wink).

not true

"Basically, I’m just looking for a school where I feel comfortable that has a style of play that’s more up and down so I can get out in the open court and play to my strengths."

So, not Georgetown then.

How about the part about being a defensive anchor. Screams
Our zone!

It means it's 4:38 and Georgetown sucks.

You foolish mortals if he did not like our style we would have never got this far in his recruitment. If he really wanted to get up and down he would have gone to UNC.

Plus what are the chances we play at a faster pace next year? Our pace has been dictated by our scoring talent under JT3. Right we all do not know so speculation is unwise. Also keep in mind they play a version of the GTown offense at his high school. If he did not like it he could have left a long time ago.

And the reason G. Hill did not go to Gtown is not over a stupid book as you gentleman claim. The reason he went to Dukkke is Coach K recruited him so very hard while JT Jr was lagging behind. This is from the la boca del caballo.

There's a Georgetown fan on the internet? I'd heard about them, but never thought I'd see it. This is exciting.

I know how much you like this - so I'll share it with you..
On my way home from work tonight, I plan on clearing M street - by parking my car at the end of the Key bridge - jumping up on the roof, ripping my shirt off and challenging anybody with a Georgetown shirt on to a fight. Now keep in mind that I'm almost 60 and wouldn't hurt a fly. But all the women will start crying and all the men will run and hide - and I get a clear ride home on Canal Rd. Oh, I also get a bunch of free Georgetown shirts that are left behind that I ship to the Congo. although I may keep a few just to use as rags when I need to clean up dog crap.. btw - That's how you got Mutombo - I've been doing this for 30 years..

Listen I understand the G Town hate but to flat out dog DC is crazy. I would live in DC any day of the week over Manhattan. The place is great I haved lived in Northern Virginia my whole life (minus 5 years in college) and visit DC atleast once a month you are really selling it short.

I've just never been into DC as an adult. There are obviously things you can do and see in DC that you can't anywhere else in the world. I did a summer program when I was 16 at American U. and we went and sat outside the White House at night and that was just amazing.

But to me, aside from looking pretty, DC doesn't feel like anything. It's almost like Disney World in that way. All this could just relate to the fact that I couldn't stand my friend's DC friends in the times I visited.

This thread has gained 10 page potential. PSA: Don't let the cuteness fool you, please keep arms and legs behind the fence at all times when feeding the troll.

I've just never been into DC as an adult. There are obviously things you can do and see in DC that you can't anywhere else in the world. I did a summer program when I was 16 at American U. and we went and sat outside the White House at night and that was just amazing.

But to me, aside from looking pretty, DC doesn't feel like anything. It's almost like Disney World in that way. All this could just relate to the fact that I couldn't stand my friend's DC friends in the times I visited.
Fair enough I just love the place and the best thing about it to me is you have tons of stuff to do family wise and party wise. If you ever come back down this way I will suggest some solid spots for you if your interested

Lol, ill let this slide since your from the bronx so i cant be too mad at you

Kentucky having more fans than UNC is debatable at best.

It means they are all more storied programs than G'Town, generate greater fan interest, get better TV coverage, make more $$$$$, and continue to out recruit and outplay teams such as G'Town. Aside from that, I guess noone cares.

So Nerlens is going to run n gun with Otto Porter, Starks, and Lubick...Niceeee.

All those guys plus Greg Whittington, Jabril Trawick, Mikael Hopkins and 2 redshirt big guys who were heavily recruited and perhaps Devonta Pollard a McDonalds All-American from Mississippi. We might be 11 deep next year. We land Mr. Noel and Pollard and we are top 5 in the nation.

Otto Porter is a NBA player BTW.