New noel blog | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New noel blog

Whether they play at the same time or not would not be a big consideration to me. But if I were Noel I think I'd rather go where my skills are used most effectively. 6'10 shotblockers like him don't come along all that often. To play him on the wing because of somebody else's shortcomings doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
I agree it's a shame to put him on the wing, but if we are going to play he and Coleman at the same time, I just think Noel offers more defensive flexibility. I don't see him playing the wing, whereas I think Noel could EASILY play the wing in our zone, extremely effectively, too.

All those guys plus Greg Whittington, Jabril Trawick, Mikael Hopkins and 2 redshirt big guys who were heavily recruited and perhaps Devonta Pollard a McDonalds All-American from Mississippi. We might be 11 deep next year. We land Mr. Noel and Pollard and we are top 5 in the nation.

Otto Porter is a NBA player BTW.
If I'm not mistaken, Whittington, Hopkins and Lubbick are all big men, correct?
We have DC2, Rak and possibly Keita; so how would he have to battle for playtime here but not GU?

Oh thats right, your 3 suck and our 3 are good.

I agree it's a shame to put him on the wing, but if we are going to play he and Coleman at the same time, I just think Noel offers more defensive flexibility. I don't see him playing the wing, whereas I think Noel could EASILY play the wing in our zone, extremely effectively, too.

Noel and Coleman won't play together because they are both centers. People that keep saying Noel will play 4 have no idea what their talking about

Noel and Coleman won't play together because they are both centers. People that keep saying Noel will play 4 have no idea what their talking about
Noel will definitely get time at the 4...

I've seen him listed at 215. In any event, Anthony Davis is listed at 220. Doesn't seem to be hampering his ability to dominate on the defensive end.

Hasn't Noel talked about how our staff told him they could use him on the wing?

I've seen him listed at 215. In any event, Anthony Davis is listed at 220. Doesn't seem to be hampering his ability to dominate on the defensive end.

I've seen him listed 215 as well by recruiting sites but he's been measured at 205 at actual combines and events recently.

If Noel gets to 220 he would be in good shape. Davis was 195 coming out of HS and added weight before hitting the campus at UK. It can be done, and if it is he's golden.

BMK got thrown around like a ragdoll at 213 lbs this year with stiff arm clearouts for boards all year but NN would probably get protected more by the refs and is obviously working with a much higher skill set to start.

No he won't LOL u wanna bet? How many times has Anthony Davis played the 4 this year?
LOL. Right, because Anthony Davis didn't play the 4 means Nerlens Noel won't, UK plays so much zone afterall.

EDIT: Also, I missed have miss where Nerlens Noel and Anthony Davis were the same exact person and Syracuse/UK have the same exact personnel.

No he won't LOL u wanna bet? How many times has Anthony Davis played the 4 this year?

Different situations though. I think people are assuming Coleman is going to play more than 10 minutes per game next year, and of those 2, who is more better suited to the 4?

Btw, I didn't have a problem with the Gtown guy at first, but now he's been here for a while and he's trolling and it's kind annoying.ally If you want to legitimately talk hoops, I'm totally fine with that, but we seem to be past that now.

I envision Coleman as the post scoring threat that teams pay attention to openning things up for Noel who is very mobile and has a great handle for his size.

Also Coleman standing tall and big stopping guys making them shoot over him in the middle with Noel, CJ/James swating guys from the weak side on a regular basis.

Coleman will sit behind Noel and wait his turn if Noel comes here. Noel is a 5 and anyone who say's otherwise doesn't know what their talking about. If SU told him they would move him to the four we wouldn't be in his final 3. He won't see 1 second at the 4

Coleman will sit behind Noel and wait his turn if Noel comes here. Noel is a 5 and anyone who say's otherwise doesn't know what their talking about. If SU told him they would move him to the four we wouldn't be in his final 3. He won't see 1 second at the 4
You're wrong...

So Rak is gonna be the 4? I love Rak and his potential, but Noel is WAY more suited to the be the 4 than Rak is.

Noel starts from the 4 day 1. DC2/Rak start at C.

Noel is quick and athletic with a crazy wingspan, that's perfect for the wing of the zone.

EDIT: With you're suggestion, would Rak play the 4?

You're wrong...

So Rak is gonna be the 4? I love Rak and his potential, but Noel is WAY more suited to the be the 4 than Rak is.

Noel starts from the 4 day 1. DC2/Rak start at C.

Noel is quick and athletic with a crazy wingspan, that's perfect for the wing of the zone.

EDIT: With you're suggestion, would Rak play the 4?

Dude you'll see, nothing else I can say you're delusional if you think Noel will play the 4. Yes Rak at the 4 where he started 95% of the time

C noel/dc
Pf rak/ noel
Sf fair
Sg triche
Pg mcw

Noel will get minutes at the 4

Dude you'll see, nothing else I can say you're delusional if you think Noel will play the 4. Yes Rak at the 4 where he started 95% of the time
Do you honestly believe Rak is better suited for the 4 than Noel? Nerlens is quicker and not as big. I think Rak will get time at the 4 and 5.

So you have Rak at the 4; DC2/Noel at the 5; then Southerland/Fair/Grant for 3/backup 4?

Do you honestly believe Rak is better suited for the 4 than Noel? Nerlens is quicker and not as big. I think Rak will get time at the 4 and 5.

So you have Rak at the 4; DC2/Noel at the 5; then Southerland/Fair/Grant for 3/backup 4?

Noel is best at the 5 and will dominate there, that is his position. Everyone else gets worked around him he doesn't move. Noel will play 30+ minutes a gm at the 5.

Noel is best at the 5 and will dominate there, that is his position. Everyone else gets worked around him he doesn't move. Noel will play 30+ minutes a gm at the 5.

Your right in a way but the staff will want to get dc2 solid minutes, rotating noel rak and dc2 with rak and noel at the 4 is the only way to do that, noel would play plenty at the 5 tho

Noel will play the 4 and 5 next year if he comes here. Its not rocket science people.
That's all I was saying. He might get more run at the 5, but he'll definitely play the 4

4:
Noel: 12 mpg
Rak: 20 mpg
Fair: 8 mpg

5:
DC2: 20 mpg
Noel: 20 mpg

3:
Southerland: 20 mpg
Fair: 20 mpg

Total:
Noel: 32mpg
Rak: 20mpg
DC: 20mpg
Southerland: 20mpg
Fair: 28mpg

Man, there's gonna be a lot of frontcourt players for not a lot of minutes next year at the 3/4/5. Keita and Grant might get redshirted.

The last 5 starting Centers for Syracuse

Fab Melo 7'0 244 lbs
Rick Jackson 6'9 240 lbs
Arinze Onuaku 6'9 261 lbs
Darryl Watkins 6'11 258 lbs
Craig Forth 7'0 256 lbs

JB prefers widebodies at the 5