New OC/QB Coach: Sterlin Gilbert | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

New OC/QB Coach: Sterlin Gilbert

Why do people get so upset when a coach leaves for a better job? As if that beat reporter wouldnt be on the first plane out of Lake Charles to some D list midwestern college football beat. Someone took a better job, it happens, its business.

I have said it before and I will say it again: do not, I repeat, do NOT piss off the Daily Iberian

Why do people get so upset when a coach leaves for a better job? As if that beat reporter wouldnt be on the first plane out of Lake Charles to some D list midwestern college football beat. Someone took a better job, it happens, its business.

You do remember this very forum when Marrone left for Buffalo, right?

Irrational fans be irrational.

You do remember this very forum when Marrone left for Buffalo, right?

Irrational fans be irrational.

I do, it was rational thinking then either. I have a great job today, pays well, not stressed or overloaded. If a company calls me tomorrow and offers a better job, im gone! Its simple.

I do, it was rational thinking then either. I have a great job today, pays well, not stressed or overloaded. If a company calls me tomorrow and offers a better job, im gone! Its simple.
Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. - Dwight Schrute

I ask myself the same thing when people stomped on Marrone when he left for the Bills. Many of them still take every chance to take a jab. Better job, way more pay, top of the football coaching circle. Dream job blah.

Football coaches are nomads. Very few stick around in the same place for more than 10+ years.

I ask myself the same thing when people stomped on Marrone when he left for the Bills. Many of them still take every chance to take a jab. Better job, way more pay, top of the football coaching circle. Dream job blah.

Football coaches are nomads. Very few stick around in the same place for more than 10+ years.

and more and more it’s 3 - 5 years.

maybe the contracts havent been approved yet but we have a verbal agreement?

I wonder if part of the hold up is waiting to see whats going to happen to Lynch. It would would seem a bit of a problem to announce you hired a new OC when there is already one currently on the staff.

I wonder if part of the hold up is waiting to see whats going to happen to Lynch. It would would seem a bit of a problem to announce you hired a new OC when there is already one currently on the staff.
No.

*Looks snidely at Doug Marrone thread*

Was infuriating watching sideline throws last year. Middle of the field was WIDE OPEN on many plays. Get the quick guys in space across the middle. Don't need a HR every play. 7-12 yards/pop dancing down the field works and gasses the opposing defense over the course of the game.

Then, you hit big on a fly route or two.
Exactly

Yes... based on the one year I saw in Texas get ready for a very horizontal offense with shots down the field to hitch passes where the receiver is sitting in the zone. Do not expect to see screen passes or using the middle of the field.
Ugh

The marrone stuff was, is and will probably continue to be mystifying to me. If there was no context whatsoever then ok, I get being a little annoyed. But he was offered an nfl job, which about 99 out of 100 career consultants or agents or fellow coaches would tell him to jump at. He also wanted to be the head coach at SU before getting the job. Presumably he got the job, realized the administration/fundraising/general landscape of college football was going to make it very tough to compete at the highest level and all of a sudden it wasn't as cool of a job. I mean, people might not like it but it's reality and it's also human to have a change of heart if things aren't what you thought they were.

Would I ever leave this company? Look, I'm all about loyalty. In fact, I feel like part of what I'm being paid for here is my loyalty. But if there were somewhere else that valued loyalty more highly, I'm going wherever they value loyalty the most. - Dwight Schrute
Exactly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom