New OL Addition (and latest transfer): Cody Shear | Syracusefan.com

New OL Addition (and latest transfer): Cody Shear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this and a WR addition recently. These to me aren't good things. If you are adding OL and WR in the 11th hour before the season starts it tells me this team is painfully thin still and probably worse than we think.

I'm hoping like heck we cobble together 6 wins this year. I'm feeling very pessimistic about it every day passes.

I saw this and a WR addition recently. These to me aren't good things. If you are adding OL and WR in the 11th hour before the season starts it tells me this team is painfully thin still and probably worse than we think.

I'm hoping like heck we cobble together 6 wins this year. I'm feeling very pessimistic about it every day passes.
How about the staff doesn’t see any issue with adding more D-I football players to compete for playing time? Low-risk, high-reward scenarios. The WR is even a walk-on.

People complain that we don't have older depth. Now we're getting some older depth.

From Eugene, Oregon. Spent 2 years as a Duck, lost 2019 to transfer rules when he switched to ASU.

3 star out of HS, 6'4" 290.

Looks like he's had a few injuries in his career, and he was involved in Pac-12 player organizing last summer. Unsure if he opted out last year.

How about the staff doesn’t see any issue with adding more D-I football players to compete for playing time? Low-risk, high-reward scenarios. The WR is even a walk-on.
I don't have an issue. I like the additions but you need to peel back the onion and ask why? This is a reaction to the team's talent. I go on my feel for preseason and this is the worst i've felt about SU Football since year 3 of GROB when we knew this wasn't working but had to slog through a season again.

I'll be there for the Rutgers game hoping i'm gleefully wrong and stupid about this stuff

Wow, has not played in a game in over 4 years. That's something.
Very weird.

But I'll take it. If he was in the two-deep at a P5, that means he was at least in a position to play this upcoming season. C / G depth, and flexibility if Vetterello falters as the snapper.

Decent pivot, after losing Tyler.

Very concerning. Any one who thinks this is good thing, adds depth, etc., is being naive. Much more like desperation.

I don't have an issue. I like the additions but you need to peel back the onion and ask why? This is a reaction to the team's talent. I go on my feel for preseason and this is the worst i've felt about SU Football since year 3 of GROB when we knew this wasn't working but had to slog through a season again.

I'll be there for the Rutgers game hoping i'm gleefully wrong and stupid about this stuff

Peeling back the issue, the staff is leaving no stone unturned to add depth. There are still a million kids in the portal -- there is no downside to adding players, even at the 11th hour. I doubt that it has anything to do with the incumbents, and everything to do with improving the roster, top to bottom.

Adding a player AFTER the 11th hour [Alton Robinson] seemed to work out pretty well.

Last edited:
really, anything that means the younger players have to play better than a kid who was on a P5 2 deep to get on the field is good. If they do they have earned it. if they dont they get to develop at a pace thats probably better for them.

42F8F0BE-3243-452F-87A1-4B0C2F7A8BA8.jpeg

really, anything that means the younger players have to play better than a kid who was on a P5 2 deep to get on the field is good. If they do they have earned it. if they dont they get to develop at a pace thats probably better for them.

Exactly THIS.

Given we're allowed to have 85+ this season, and we're still well below the cap, there's no reason not to bring in a low-risk, medium-reward option like this.

Dino & staff do NOT want to have to rely on a FB to play Guard again this year.
And I'm sure they'd really prefer not to run a true Frosh out there either, if at all avoidable.

Peel back what layers? The WR is a walkon and regarding the OLineman they have open scholarships. Who cares about either additions. Are you saying it's better to leave the scholarships open and have less players on the team than youre allowed?

The WR is a walkon and regarding the OLineman they have open scholarships. Who cares about either additions. Are you saying it's better to leave them open and have less players on the team than youre allowed?
how is there any downside to adding a PWO when you have spots to add it? and its one that at least knows what a P5 field looks like, even its just scout depth or coverage teams depth. its better than most FR PWO you could add..

Interesting pickup, had a solid offer list out of HS but as Bailey said he hasn't played a snap of college ball yet. Could be solid depth for next season.

O-line improvement for this season was always gonna depend on getting everyone back healthy and having Schmidt coach them up effectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom