New song to enter the dome to... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

When I was in HS, we used an edited version of “One of these days” from Pink Floyd. It was great.

All due respect, people complain about “Welcome to the Jungle” etc because they’re like 30 year old songs. Some of the stuff you’re suggesting is older.

Musical genres will never please the masses. Someone will always hate whatever “pop” song is chosen.

This is why we need to use something classic, undeniable, something the could do too. Like the chop, or something to cheer/sing along to. My personal vote would be the ooo we ooo march from wizard of oz. and it ties in to the region.

Anything that happens needs to be natural and grass roots or it will feel forced.

All due respect, people complain about “Welcome to the Jungle” etc because they’re like 30 year old songs. Some of the stuff you’re suggesting is older.

Musical genres will never please the masses. Someone will always hate whatever “pop” song is chosen.

This is why we need to use something classic, undeniable, something the could do too. Like the chop, or something to cheer/sing along to. My personal vote would be the ooo we ooo march from wizard of oz. and it ties in to the region.

Anything that happens needs to be natural and grass roots or it will feel forced.
I pretty much agree. Something that your average/untalented fan can get involved in and something original. The wizard of oz thing would probably sound pretty cool with 30 - 40,000 ppl doing it...and it takes zero rhythm or musical skill which is right up my alley :)

Hell, You could actually COMBINE the chop with the crowd singing Wizard of OZ "OHH WEE OHH OH OH"... I just think it would be cool AND original.. It would also allow the crowd to participate

My opinion, once we get the new lighting capabilities... Lights go off and all you see is Orange smoke and white strobes at the entrance of the tunnel.. Mama said knock you out starts blasting.. Otto comes out with a boxing robe and orange gloves and the team comes out with swagger. Amazing song. Its in your face and gets you pumped. Perfect pregame team entrance. Thoughts...?

My opinion, once we get the new lighting capabilities... Lights go off and all you see is Orange smoke and white strobes at the entrance of the tunnel.. Mama said knock you out starts blasting.. Otto comes out with a boxing robe and orange gloves and the team comes out with swagger. Amazing song. Its in your face and gets you pumped. Perfect pregame team entrance. Thoughts...?

Songs that pump up 40-year olds aren't going to pump up the 18-to-22 year olds on the field methinks.

We really needed this thread started for the 3rd time in the last month, didn't we...

LL Cool J is washed
Gotta love people on the board that get mad when someone has an opinion. Your life must be boring.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thought we were playing off the “Express” with a loud train horn or the such for an entrance theme?

VT comes out to a song that pumps up 50 year olds.

THAT is called tradition and it works.

There is a higher ceiling (ha) entrance opportunity than the one posted.

Gotta love people on the board that get mad when someone has an opinion. Your life must be boring.
I'm not mad at all. I just think you have a bad opinion.

Saying someone else's life must be boring as we are both posting on a message board is pretty ironic though. Gave me a good chuckle.

1) the smoke idea is a good idea. 2) that song would never be approved EVER. 3) SU should pay Guns n Roses to have them change the lyrics from Welcome to the Jungle to Welcome to the Loud House. You got a better chance of that happening than a song about knocking people out being approved. PS: I know the Welcome to the Loud House idea would never happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom