New song to enter the dome to... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

Dropkick Murphys...I’m shipping up to Boston
No connection to anything except it got me jumping at the Fair the other night. Great pump up song.
BC uses it

I'm thinking like 97% of Rage Against The Machine's music catalog, including basically the entire first album would be CLASSIC to enter to. Their music cater's to multiple music genre crowds. I shared a "clean" version that would be appropriate for the Dome, but it's not super well done
Had the same thought (Bomb track) but also the same lyric concerns. Started thinking Audioslave because it’s essentially Rage with Chris Cornell. Cochise came to mind.

I like what RandomGuy says.
Running with the Devil by VH?
Also thought PE.
On the “off the beaten trail” idea, Rush used the three stooges theme as their intro music into The Big Money on A Show of Hands, and it really works. Rush - A Show Of Hands - Intro and The Big Money
I like Rusty Cage for its chaotic build and pop
Led Zeppelin’s Achilles’ Last Stand is a good one too.
I like War Pigs because it’s timeless and I love the air raid sirens at the beginning. I easily imagine the team busting out right after that first cry of “oh lord yeah!”
To be timeless you may have to stay away from lyrics. The Bulls into we all talk about still is an Alan Parsons instrumental and they also tried for a year before that, one that I love, "One of These Days" by Pink Floyd. That's not an instrumental, but it's pretty close having on line of lyric in the middle of the song.
I’ve thought of YYZ for that reason. I see the team come out of the tunnel the moment the groove kicks in at, get this, the 44 second mark.
The Who’s Eminence Front is a good one too and its featured in ads and video games like GTA so a younger crowd know it too.

Last edited:
I'd like the crowd sing and band play "Happy Trails to You" by Will Rogers once the game is in hand in the fourth quarter or the second after it's over. As Cousin Vinny would say..."I'm through with this guy.".

The song "Black Hell" by Danzig always fires me up. It's in the opening credits of Hangover 2. You could do a minute long video montage to fire people up, and then the team could come out at the 1:05 mark when the beat drops.

Pros: it's arguably the greatest rap song ever.

Con: I distinctly remember they played that song for the intro of Greg Robinson's first game vs. WVU (it was awesome), but karma may not be on our side there.
Eric my man you have the memory of an elephant...wow, I didn't remember that. I say roll the dice! To good to keep on the shelf.

My memory may be incorrect, but doesn't the band usually play when they run out of the tunnel?

Bear with me, The Search by NF

Team comes in at 1:58
I like the song, but I think it's too dark for this purpose. That's a long intro.
I think we need to find something that isn't about the song. Let the song change if we need. It has to be about the pushing of a button when the crowd is in a frenzy that sends the team out onto the field. It has to be about the need to be there when that happens. It can't be about the song. The enter Sandman thing isn't about the song as much as it is about seeing the team walk all the way to the stadium and enter. You want to be in your seat to see that. We don't have that long outdoor procession, so we need ours to be more about the announcing of the team. Maybe it's an organization that students can join, like a yell squad or Otto's Army, or maybe its a Greek organization if we want to get nostalgic, and they get to push the button and there is a big ordeal around that, and that becomes the thing you need to see, a part of the fabric. It really can't be about the song.

Sorry to keep this going, but we are overlooking hte Beastie Boys. Sabotage or So What Cha Want. Also Higher Ground. Either the Stevie Original or the RHCP remake.

I keep going back to Audioslave and Cochise. I also think Cornell has another song with a great intro and beat drop that could be in contention - Birth Ritual

Call me crazy but I always thought the background music to when the wicked witch of the North's guards march by would be amazing in Wizard of OZ. OHHH WEEEE OHHH... OH OH.. put some heavy chunk metal guitar behind it... and in between repeating lines.. crowd yells out "OUR HOUSE"... then after repeating for about 1 minute... you here an explosion and the team comes running out of the tunnel...
See my earlier Metallica post. That’s exactly what frayed ends of sanity is.

You could go with Carmina Burana or the first half of The Ecstasy of Gold and just roll into any kickin power chord song that people jump around to. So many too choose from.

Oh man, if the crowd would learn the lyrics and sing it, forget about it! It would be one of college football's greatest traditions.

I posted this a couple months ago in a similar thread. It's almost like they wrote this to be an intro for The Cuse. Great build up in the beginning and the opening line is "We're coming to get you, ready or not!!" Search and Destroy by All Good Things.

I like that one.

OK this would be the song Before the song. Get 40,000 dancing in place and Then the kick ass song comes on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom