New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

It's obvious, not playing Manning is an investment in his trade value.

He gone.

Jaguars visit MetLife and play the Giants next year.
Eli at Big Blue would be a prime time game either SNF or MNF.
Would love that game to be a season opener.

It began about 4 hours ago.

There is no logic here.

Nobody with a football brain thinks this is smart.

It's insulting to a franchise player, but from an organizational aspect, when your test drive results in three more losses and not getting an asset (with a big cap hit) pointlessly hurt, it's a win/win.

Not gonna lie... I was super excited to click on this. It didn’t disappoint.
There's other rant where he calls mcadoo, reese and Mara gutless for doing this, but not cutting him.

Paraphrasing...

"If you think Geno Smith is your best option to win, then cut Eli and see what the rest of the league thinks. He'll be signed by tomorrow morning and likely starting in the playoffs".

On the edit: what you miss in the end of that rant is it ends abruptly like you hear, but then he goes.."back after this...here's Mink".

That just cracks me up...

Guys, I'm telling you, Da Pope is da Best. The only good thing about this is the Giants doing this while he was still on the air.

Last edited:
Replacing Eli Manning with Geno Smith is like replacing Tom Coughlin with Ben Mcadoo.

I was reminded that my Birds offered the job to McAdoo two years ago but he turned it down and Pederson was hired instead. Howie Roseman dodged a bullet with that one.

The meltdown on FAN is something else. It's like Bruce Springsteen died.
It's worse.

It's like the Boss announcing a tour, only to be told that you can't do it with the E Street Band, your guitar, your piano, that other band...and oh by the way...we've told every venue in the world not to book you.

It's worse.

It's like the Boss announcing a tour, only to be told that you can't do it with the E Street Band, your guitar, your piano, that other band...and oh by the way...we've told every venue in the world not to book you.

Sounds like the first time I saw him at the Dome. End of the day with that line and the WR injuries and some bad luck it happens. Reese is too much of a coward to own it and John Mars hid today. To treat Manning like this, they must really want Darnold or Rosen.

Sounds like the first time I saw him at the Dome. End of the day with that line and the WR injuries and some bad luck it happens. Reese is too much of a coward to own it and John Mars hid today. To treat Manning like this, they must really want Darnold or Rosen.
Start Webb.

Don't give us geno and try to justify it.

I haven't drank this much on a Tuesday in years...

furious...

I got 3 more games to go to, you want me sit through geno in the cold with a healthy Eli holding a clipboard???!!!!!

Fire mcadoo now, start Eli.

Start Webb.

furious...

I got 3 more games to go to, you want me sit through geno in the cold with a healthy Eli holding a clipboard???!!!!!

The Giants starters need to go into McAdoo’s office one by one and lay Eli's jersey on the desk, Rudy style.

This is amazingly approaching Ray Handley bad.

Too funny - as I was looking for that Ray Handley pic when he is glaring at a reporter, I noticed something.

When you Google "Ray Handley press conference", you get more images of hopefully-soon-to-be-former-head coach Ben McAdoo than you do of Ray Handley.

upload_2017-11-29_6-22-33.png

The league won't know what hit em...

We sure did.

We've gone from the NY "football" Giants to the Cleveland Browns in 11 games.

And who ever thought that we'd have a coach that made Ray Handley look like George Halas.

I was dismayed when Flipper caught the pass right in front of me.

I was distraught when we gave up the lead to San Fran.

I was angry when the fans cheered Simms' injury vs Buffalo.

I was frustrated when the Cowboys were up 27-0 at halftime and Cowboys were chanting, "Ray must stay".

This is first time in all my years of fandom that I am absolutely disgusted with the franchise top to bottom: Firing Coughlin, hiring McAdoo, crappy drafts, players who don't try and act like idiots..thank God I'm no longer a season ticket holder...If I were, it would be my last season...

We've now descended beyond the disfunction of Gangrene or the Jills and gone straight to the very bottom of the NFL...

Drain the Swamp...

Reese gave Coughlin a bad hand but Coughlin didn't manage the clock well in all those games, its happens.

Manning has a bad line and is throwing to guys off the street, it happens. There's a chance to get the next franchise QB, sure. There's a classy way to handle this. And it doesn't involve Geno Smith.

Reese gave Coughlin a bad hand but Coughlin didn't manage the clock well in all those games, its happens.

Manning has a bad line and is throwing to guys off the street, it happens. There's a chance to get the next franchise QB, sure. There's a classy way to handle this. And it doesn't involve Geno Smith.

Bingo. I don't want Reese or McAdoo working with Rosen or Darnold.

Giants are now the 32nd and last team to start an African-American QB.

This is all on management and the coaches. Feel bad for Geno as well, turns out he’s a pretty humble and polite guy. Just doesnt have starting QB talent.

Start Webb.

furious...

First, I don't think Webb is the guy, but if you are going to bench Eli, you *HAVE* to give the keys to Webb to see if you have something or not before the draft!!!!!

AND WHERE IS JOHN MARA RIGHT NOW?

What a sad, sad day. McAdoo and Reese need to be fired. Immediately.