New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

New York Football Giants 2017 Title Quest Thread

First, I don't think Webb is the guy, but if you are going to bench Eli, you *HAVE* to give the keys to Webb to see if you have something or not before the draft!!!!!

AND WHERE IS JOHN MARA RIGHT NOW?

What a sad, sad day. McAdoo and Reese need to be fired. Immediately.
Geno is the ugly thing here. You don’t bench Eli to see what Geno Smith has to offer.

Once they decided to sit Eli and gave him that stupid option to start which he correctly said ‘eat a dick’ (thank you Michael Rapaport), it needed to be Webb.

And if Webb isnt ready till week 15, u do it then.

Not now, not this way...and certainly not Geno Smith.

Geno is the ugly thing here. You don’t bench Eli to see what Geno Smith has to offer.

Once they decided to sit Eli and gave him that stupid option to start which he correctly said ‘eat a dick’ (thank you Michael Rapaport), it needed to be Webb.

And if Webb isnt ready till week 15, u do it then.

Not now, not this way...and certainly not Geno Smith.

Exactly. If you’ve got a young QB that you think could be your next franchise QB, then I could see making the move. That’s what they did in going from Warner to Eli back in ‘04, though that team was still technically in the hunt when they made that move, and Warner was a stop gap veteran rather than a longtime franchise QB.

Benching Eli for Geno though? Geno is not the guy and we know he’s not the guy.

Giants are now the 32nd and last team to start an African-American QB.
That stat means nothing considering you have had the same starter for the last 13 years.

That stat means nothing considering you have had the same starter for the last 13 years.
The Patriots were the 31st team and they only started Jacoby Brissett last year because Brady was suspended and Garrapolo got hurt.

Exactly. If you’ve got a young QB that you think could be your next franchise QB, then I could see making the move. That’s what they did in going from Warner to Eli back in ‘04, though that team was still technically in the hunt when they made that move, and Warner was a stop gap veteran rather than a longtime franchise QB.

Benching Eli for Geno though? Geno is not the guy and we know he’s not the guy.
This is not going to end well for John Mara. The only way he can save face is to fire McAdoo and Reese before the end of the season. Otherwise we will not see Eli return to Met Life in his lifetime. Bottom line is the many fans have been fans of Big Blue since John Mara was in diapers. He does not have the same respect that his dad has. Or his Mom. Fans will not forget this.

This is not going to end well for John Mara. The only way he can save face is to fire McAdoo and Reese before the end of the season. Otherwise we will not see Eli return to Met Life in his lifetime. Bottom line is the many fans have been fans of Big Blue since John Mara was in diapers. He does not have the same respect that his dad has. Or his Mom. Fans will not forget this.
Eli will be in Giants Stadium as a jaguar next year.

I will root against him that day.

Eli will be in Giants Stadium as a jaguar next year.

I will root against him that day.
Next year won't matter. I'm talking about when it's time to retire his number and throw his name up on the wall. But, hopefully next year, you can reach deep down and find a way to applaud when he steps onto the field for the first time.

Next year won't matter. I'm talking about when it's time to retire his number and throw his name up on the wall. But, hopefully next year, you can reach deep down and find a way to applaud when he steps onto the field for the first time.
KaiserUEO = pure class.

Of course I will.

I stood and even golf clapped the Astro 6 pitcher no-hitter v Yanks I was at.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you hire the villain from a Steven Seagal movie as your head coach.

525full-out-for-justice-screenshot.jpg

John Mara is FOS
DP4hVR4VQAc6pOA
He is here.

He’s covering for McAdoo.

There is no way they wanted to see Geno.

Mara wanted to see Webb, like we all did.

Mara wanted to Eli to start, and if thinks went sideways...to be aware that he’d come out.

McAdoo went to Eli with the ridiculous 1st half you 2nd half Geno...nonsense.

We know what Eli said, and then mr soon to be fired went public with the Geno gives us the best chance ridiculousness and embarrassed Eli, the Giants and effectively ended his career.

I can think of 10 different ways this could’ve been handled.

This was bad.

Mara had to come out and fall on a sword for the franchise and his stupidass coach.

At least when asked to back up his ‘at the end of the year, we will evaluate everyone’ he added an amendment by saying ‘there are no guarantees in life’.

McAdoo just doubled down and said Mara was on the same page with him.

Basically, just called his owner a liar.

Make sure your seat-backs and food trays are in their upright position, we are readying for take off...

McAdoo just doubled down and said Mara was on the same page with him.

Basically, just called his owner a liar.

Make sure your seat-backs and food trays are in their upright position, we are readying for take off...
It’s obvious McAdoo isn’t letting Mara pretend this wasn’t a joint production.
Mara is trying to rehab himself after Giants fans went crazy for Eli.
John is a POS and not his father.

It’s obvious McAdoo isn’t letting Mara pretend this wasn’t a joint production.
Mara is trying to rehab himself after Giants fans went crazy for Eli.
John is a POS and not his father.
I guess that post deserves the right to not be disputed at this point.

We will see.

1 thing we can both agree on...is that McAdoo’s words and actions this past week are fire able offenses, on top of the crappy record.

You agree with your owner, maybe fall on the sword a little bit too. ‘I maintain that I wanted Eli to start, probably would’ve kept him in if we were winning, but I couldn’t guarantee it to Eli, so he said start someone else.’

I guess that post deserves the right to not be disputed at this point.

We will see.

1 thing we can both agree on...is that McAdoo’s words and actions this past week are fire able offenses, on top of the crappy record.

You agree with your owner, maybe fall on the sword a little bit too. ‘I maintain that I wanted Eli to start, probably would’ve kept him in if we were winning, but I couldn’t guarantee it to Eli, so he said start someone else.’
Here is what happened.
Ownership wants to tank for a top 3 draft pick.
They told McAdoo we want to see the backups.
McAdoo to try and salvage his career decided if we are tanking I need a Cris Carter fall guy for 2-14.
He realized Eli won’t fight him and he doesn’t have the stones to stand up to OBJ.
So he has been slipping in Press conferences the QB wasn’t safe.
Mara and company realized the Giants could beat the Raiders this week because of how bad the Raiders D is so they told McAdoo make a change.
McAdoo went to Eli with this stupid cockamamie plan to start and then get pulled. Eli said no.
McAdoo can’t say we are tanking as he is gone after the year so he said Geno gives us a better shot.
Everyone knows this is a lie but McAdoo doesn’t care.
The fans rebel and throw a chitstorm because of how horribly Eli was treated.
Mara can’t say we want to tank and didn’t realize his HC was that big a moron and he has some blood on his hand in this is trying to spin.
When Mara wants to lose and couldn’t just bench Eli this week for Webb when Webb would be Nathan Peterman bad if he started.

Here is what happened.
Ownership wants to tank for a top 3 draft pick.
They told McAdoo we want to see the backups.
McAdoo to try and salvage his career decided if we are tanking I need a Cris Carter fall guy for 2-14.
He realized Eli won’t fight him and he doesn’t have the stones to stand up to OBJ.
So he has been slipping in Press conferences the QB wasn’t safe.
Mara and company realized the Giants could beat the Raiders this week because of how bad the Raiders D is so they told McAdoo make a change.
McAdoo went to Eli with this stupid cockamamie plan to start and then get pulled. Eli said no.
McAdoo can’t say we are tanking as he is gone after the year so he said Geno gives us a better shot.
Everyone knows this is a lie but McAdoo doesn’t care.
The fans rebel and throw a chitstorm because of how horribly Eli was treated.
Mara can’t say we want to tank and didn’t realize his HC was that big a moron and he has some blood on his hand in this is trying to spin.
When Mara wants to lose and couldn’t just bench Eli this week for Webb when Webb would be Nathan Peterman bad if he started.
That was pretty entertaining at least, but is a little too William Wallace v Captain Picard for me.

Best tweet I've seen on the Eli benching:

Benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith is like firing Tom Coughlin for Ben McAdoo.
Did the marshawn lynch tweet make it here??

Marshawn Lynch
@MarshawnLynch24

The @Giants benching Eli Manning for Geno Smith is almost as crazy as not running the ball on the 1 with a Super Bowl in the line
1f914.svg
1f914.svg