Newest 30 for 30 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Newest 30 for 30

A lot of talk about inside information on this board earlier...where does the Cuse/Georgetown contract stand at the moment?

Outside of UConn and every random time at Providence how is it any different? Boston is pretty close to Providence. Looks like we'll swap out travel to Villanova and SJU.

Much different. I hate belaboring this, but I used to make games on a regular basis at St. John's (MSG), UConn, Providence, Seton Hall and Rutgers. There was no game at Nova this year. There won't be at game at St. John's next year. The BC game this year was at 9 on Monday night. Boston is 2 and half hours from my place. No can do on a weekday night.

It is what it is. Nothing good lasts forever.

cuseguy said:
Much different. I hate belaboring this, but I used to make games on a regular basis at St. John's (MSG), UConn, Providence, Seton Hall and Rutgers. There was no game at Nova this year. There won't be at game at St. John's next year. The BC game this year was at 9 on Monday night. Boston is 2 and half hours from my place. No can do on a weekday night.

It is what it is. Nothing good lasts forever.

Don't know where you are located, but I'm in the same boat here in northern nj.

Big East nostalgia is mostly about the 80's.

What really hurts is that the Northeast, the most populous section of the country, is not represented by a major confernce. The top schools have to attach themselves to conferences that are centered elsewhere. That's what we lost.

Sunday, March 16th at 9pm ET
Terrible time. Selection Sunday. People prospectively traveling home from Greensboro, etc. Monday or Tuesday that week... in that period without basketball before the tourney starts... would be much better.

Last edited:
Terrible time. Selection Sunday. People prospectively traveling home from Greensboro, etc. Monday or Tuesday that week... in that period before the tourney starts... would be much better.

I disagree. Thats a really cool time slot. Everyone will be hyped coming off the tourney show.

This is another example of a CTO problem. Issues with travel to durham and now she may miss the premier of the 30 for 30. I wish my life were so hard.

I hope you guys are enjoying it. Sucks for me. Never thought I'd be shut out of so many Cuse games living 4 hours from campus.

I know what you mean cuseguy. I drove to one or two conference road games every year. The schools in the ACC are so much further away and they play in much smaller venues so tickets aren't even available for most of those games. Those days of driving to a weekend away game are over.

Neither side has a valid excuse for that series not continuing. Cannot fit it into the schedule? Please I could help both programs find an opening in about five seconds. Cuse and Georgetown should be ashamed. In the modern NCAA Tournament era the regular season means nothing and for the better programs the conference tournaments mean nothing as it is all about the tournament in March. The least a program can do is schedule compelling matchups that players/fans want. I would like to have Georgetown/Syracuse the final weekend game of the season every year all apologies to the Florida States of the world.
I could care less if we never play GTown again. We have outgrown that sniveling program. Games against Duke, UNC, Louisville, Pitt, UVA...embrace the change!

Neither side has a valid excuse for that series not continuing. Cannot fit it into the schedule? Please I could help both programs find an opening in about five seconds. Cuse and Georgetown should be ashamed. In the modern NCAA Tournament era the regular season means nothing and for the better programs the conference tournaments mean nothing as it is all about the tournament in March. The least a program can do is schedule compelling matchups that players/fans want. I would like to have Georgetown/Syracuse the final weekend game of the season every year all apologies to the Florida States of the world.

They should have a preseason tourney every year at MSG. Syr/GTown/UConn/Nova. Sorry, Johnnies, it just ain't your town anymore.

Terrible time. Selection Sunday. People prospectively traveling home from Greensboro, etc. Monday or Tuesday that week... in that period before the tourney starts... would be much better.

This is the same time slot they used to premier "Survive and Advance" last year and "Through the Fire" a few years back. It is their marquee spot to debut college basketball docu-programming.

They should have a preseason tourney every year at MSG. Syr/GTown/UConn/Nova. Sorry, Johnnies, it just ain't your town anymore.

I'd be totally down for that. We could still keep the home and home with the Red Johns and get a second trip to MSG every other year. Heck even if you included St. John's you could make a sort of Big Five of the northeast type thing. It would be a bigtime event. If JB/SU jumps on this idea he could brand it for his charity and get the event exempted (like the other major preseason tourney's it would count as just a single game). It would be called the Jim Boeheim Foundation Classic or something like that.

I'd be totally down for that. We could still keep the home and home with the Red Johns and get a second trip to MSG every other year. Heck even if you included St. John's you could make a sort of Big Five of the northeast type thing. It would be a bigtime event. If JB/SU jumps on this idea he could brand it for his charity and get the event exempted (like the other major preseason tourney's it would count as just a single game). It would be called the Jim Boeheim Foundation Classic or something like that.

Plus, and I know it's a longshot, but it might be nice to keep those Big East embers burning in case the situation came about someday when we needed to turn the real flames back on.

Things change, and may change back again. Ya never know.

If you named it an exempt event, you couldn't play in any other, e.g., preseason NIT, Coaches v., Atlantis, etc.

I'm sure many people will disagree with this opinion, but there is way to many friendships in college basketball nowadays. I love hate based rivalries, they make the game that much more exciting. Watching this video just gets my blood boiling for Georgetown.

We put a 10 year contract on their desk. They haven't signed. I'll bet it's because we asked for no restrictions or tie-ins on ticket sales. Something like that. If they think they are better off as a program without playing us, well, who's their big rival in the New Big East and how's that going so far?

I'm sure many people will disagree with this opinion, but there is way to many friendships in college basketball nowadays. I love hate based rivalries, they make the game that much more exciting. Watching this video just gets my blood boiling for Georgetown.

Don't worry. The hate is growing toward the Yankee invaders from the frozen North!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom