Newsflash: Bama ain't the best | Syracusefan.com

Newsflash: Bama ain't the best

I was impressed with ASUs 5-1 record until I noticed their schedule is underwhelming. They beat
Northern Ariz - FCS
Illinois 2-5
Utah 2-4
Cal 3-4
Colorado 1-5
Their only loss was to 3-4 Missouri

I was impressed with ASUs 5-1 record until I noticed their schedule is underwhelming. They beat
Northern Ariz - FCS
Illinois 2-5
Utah 2-4
Cal 3-4
Colorado 1-5
Their only loss was to 3-4 Missouri

Good point. Lies, damn lies, and statistics

I'll tell ya this much, they shouldn't be behind Florida in the BCS.

Am I the only one who wonders how Chip kelly would have done at SU if Oregon didn't offer him the job?
I don't wonder. I know.

He would have been awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Kelly is good but so is Phil Knight.

We don't have a Phil Knight. Maybe we need to change our curriculm.

42 points in less than 20 minutes. Wow.

One of our problems is that even when we win, we don't blow people out so we can't play the reserves: the back-up QB and the kids beyond the two deep. That makes it harder when we have to repalce people. Oregon has guys that play 2/3 of the time and guys who play 1/3 of the time who will become the guys who plays 2/3 of the time next year.

Kelly is good but so is Phil Knight.

We don't have a Phil Knight. Maybe we need to change our curriculm.

He didn't have Phil Knight at New Hampshire and did a pretty darn good job there.

He didn't have Phil Knight at New Hampshire and did a pretty darn good job there.

I said he was good. But at this level, it helps to have a Phil Knight.

What was the actual likelihood of Kelly coming here rather than waiting for Bellotti to get promoted? Sometimes these speculations are pointless, such as surmizing what Lane Kiffin would have done here.

Taking all bets against Bama
Oregon brought intramural players in for the second half. That was nice of them. It will be a fun national title game IF Bama gets thru their schedule

I would take Bama -10. Oregon has laid eggs twice versus the more powerful teams in the country... Kelly would have done well at Syracuse but he also has an empire behind him. Facilities, boosters, Phil Knight, fanbase, and he cheats as well, not that most don't

Hell Ohio St beat them up in the Rose Bowl. The Ducks defense is much improved but they can and will be beat, IMO

USC will beat Oregon in the Coliseum, ASU is vastly overrated and lost their two best D players 3 minutes into the game.

As Chip said a few months ago, I wish I could see the posts from this board after C Kelly lost to Boise in his first game. He was a bust

Oregon has been beaten up by the last couple of SEC teams they've played. I'll believe they can hang with Alabama when I see it.

I would take Bama -10. Oregon has laid eggs twice versus the more powerful teams in the country... Kelly would have done well at Syracuse but he also has an empire behind him. Facilities, boosters, Phil Knight, fanbase, and he cheats as well, not that most don't

Hell Ohio St beat them up in the Rose Bowl. The Ducks defense is much improved but they can and will be beat, IMO

USC will beat Oregon in the Coliseum, ASU is vastly overrated and lost their two best D players 3 minutes into the game.

As Chip said a few months ago, I wish I could see the posts from this board after C Kelly lost to Boise in his first game. He was a bust
Wow. If you would give me Oregon +10 I might have to get on the horn for a home equity loan pronto. Cray-zee.

I'd imagine Oregon's young QB would have a much tougher time against Bama's D. That's a whole 'nother animal. That said, they have the speed on O to give Bama some trouble. Would love to see it come into fruition.

I'll tell ya this much, they shouldn't be behind Florida in the BCS.
The computer models have rewarded Florida for their schedule (beating A&M and LSU). If Florida keeps winning (beating South Carolina & Georgia) then Oregon will have a hard time moving past them. Oregon needs both USC and Oregon State to keep winning all games not played against the Ducks.

The computer models have rewarded Florida for their schedule (beating A&M and LSU). If Florida keeps winning (beating South Carolina & Georgia) then Oregon will have a hard time moving past them. Oregon needs both USC and Oregon State to keep winning all games not played against the Ducks.
That'll work itself out though. If Florida keeps winning they'll see Alabama in the SEC championship game and the loser will drop.

I'd imagine Oregon's young QB would have a much tougher time against Bama's D. That's a whole 'nother animal. That said, they have the speed on O to give Bama some trouble. Would love to see it come into fruition.
If that does happen that gives Saban a month to prepare and look what they did to LSU last year.

bama will beat them if they play but i really hope we see it.

bama is used by dinosaurs to bludgeon anyone who wants to try something new.

when bama kills a boring old 2 wr te fb offense, they shrug and say "boy bama's good"

when bama kills a new offense, they stand up and say "GIMMICK MADDEN GIMMICK!"

If that does happen that gives Saban a month to prepare and look what they did to LSU last year.
LSU offensively is absolutely dogsh** compared to Oregon offensively, any year, but it's still a tall order for Oregon regardless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom