Next Coach - Age? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next Coach - Age?

Let me throw a name out there...what about John Beilein after he burns out with the losses at Cleveland and looks to return to CBB in NY? Plausible?

i'll give red and gerry the same advice i gave to hopkins 15 yrs ago. go someplace else . get your own gig and prove you can HC and recruit on your own terms. then we'll talk.
I like that, except it means we’re stuck with what we have until all that can be done. What does it take to prove yourself with your own recruits? 3-6 years?

Let me throw a name out there...what about John Beilein after he burns out with the losses at Cleveland and looks to return to CBB in NY? Plausible?
Beilein left college basketball because he sick of recruiting and roster turnover.
He got paid a lot of money to leave for the Cavs. He won’t need another job when his NBA tenure ends.

Beilein left college basketball because he sick of recruiting and roster turnover.
He got paid a lot of money to leave for the Cavs. He won’t need another job when his NBA tenure ends.

Not to mention he will be 67 in February, most likely 69 by the time he has flamed out in Cleveland......assuming that's the way it goes. John Beilein seems like a slightly younger, less accomplished version of Boeheim......even has the same initials.

Earl Grant
Steve Wojciechowski
Wes Miller
Kevin Keatts
Kevin Willard
Chris Jans

I respect Cooley, but we can do better.

I need to see how Oats does at Alabama. Make sure he’s not the b-ball Turner Gill.

Alabama currently has a worse record than SU. We sure do need to see more.

Will Jay Wright leave Nova?
Billy Donovan should be done with the Thunder soon.
Hop.
Gregg Marshall ??

Jay Wright is from Philly. He has won 2 titles there. He's not leaving for the 1 millionth time.

Probably not but I would make a call and check just in case.

Also the rest of his family (not Patrick) live in Michigan. It feels very much feels like the Cavs are his final destination, then he goes back to Michigan to enjoy retirement

Oh Ok. Let's call Tony Bennett while we're at it then.

Even if your post wasn't facetious and a viable consideration, I'd pass. I realize that winning is what matters most, and he's an excellent coach, etc., but even winning games in typical 48-42 Bennett fashion, I'm just tired of these rock fights.

The Syracuse brand was built on running and dunking, alley oops, high athleticism, etc., a very exciting brand which lured and grew an entire fan base. We were once a hot, sexy Kathleen Turner of the 80's, that has basically transformed into an Ogre-esque type version today.

1575311857112.png

1575311992586.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom