Next weeks starting qb decision | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Next weeks starting qb decision

With Rex being highly recruited and not developing and none of our other qbs developing...would you put that on the coaches or just bad luck?
Wjat do you mean by none of our other QBs developing? TD got hurt. The only other two on the roster weren't here until August. From what a number of people in the know have said Amie may have challenged for the starting job had he gone to class.

We needed to do a better job of recruiting QBs. Hopefully that improves with Gilbert (and may be beginning to with Lamson committed), but that doesn't change what already happened.

I remember being very unimpressed w/ his HS film and being shocked at his alleged offers. Great young man, but look at his HS tape and compare it to Dungey, Lamson, or Markiewicz. I don't care who starts, but think it would be a lost opportunity if we don't get Dillon some reps and see what he has to work on in the offseason. The only thing worse than a 1-10 season is a 1-10 season behind a 5th year QB.
I’ve asked this question a number of times, but can’t seem to get a straight answer. I’ll try rephrasing it.
Does your opinion about giving time to Rex change if he decides to come back next year and could become our legitimate #2 again?

Wjat do you mean by none of our other QBs developing? TD got hurt. The only other two on the roster weren't here until August. From what a number of people in the know have said Amie may have challenged for the starting job had he gone to class.

We needed to do a better job of recruiting QBs. Hopefully that improves with Gilbert (and may be beginning to with Lamson committed), but that doesn't change what already happened.

Exactly. And the first QB Gilbert brings in is Lamson, who looks pretty good. So there’s that.

Despite the end of game failures - and make no mistake there is lots of blame to go around - Rex had about as functional a game as we can expect based on the reality of SU 2020. And for all we know, Rex may be back next year competing for the QB spot again.

If I’m HCDM, I would assess the situation based on whether I think Rex is back next year or not. If yes, start Rex but (assuming the game is quickly out of hand) find some snaps for Morgan if healthy and Tex. If Rex is gone, play both of the kids.
HCDM? Is that wishful thinking or an honest mistake?

I’ve asked this question a number of times, but can’t seem to get a straight answer. I’ll try rephrasing it.
Does your opinion about giving time to Rex change if he decides to come back next year and could become our legitimate #2 again?
Not really. I believe he is what he is at this point. Again, I'm not saying Rex shouldn't play at all, but would like to see Dillon at least get a few drives.

Last edited:
I said on Saturday that Rex should have stayed at TE but I actually think Rex had a decent game against Rutgers South. SU was in it til the end. Rex did what he could.

I'd bet Rex starts and plays a big part of the 1st half and then Morgan (if healthy) or Marshall Dillon or both get the rest of the game.
Starting either freshman against that Notre Dame defense in South Bend? That seems really counterproductive. Get the game going with Rex and then bring in a freshman when the pressure is a little lighter.

Dino is too loyal to Rex to kick him to the curb.

If he really wants to come back, I would try moving him to Tight End, no more Qb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom