Next weeks starting qb decision | Syracusefan.com

Next weeks starting qb decision

“Rex gives us the best chance to win the game cause he knows the offense”
I wonder if Chromebooks are allowed on the field they could just let the freshen QB's draw a play up. Probably get it called before Gilbert can signal it in anyhow. Probably be just as good/bad as anything from the playbook. And maybe, just maybe they won't spike the ball on 4th down.

Honestly... at this point I don't know. I think one of the freshmen could get literally destroyed against ND. Remember what TD looked like in 2018 when he played?

With that said, I would like to see Tex play because why not.
TD hasn"t recovered from that game 2 years ago, which is probably part of the reason he has struggled.

At this point, just stick with Rex.

it’s going to be brutal next weekend as ND tries to make a case for why they should be number 1
Seriously? What does he have planned for next week?

Have the coaches given any thought to starting Elmore at quarterback? I mean why the f not? Utiltiy football players could be all the rage like baseball players who can now play all around the field. Also consider Elmore punting????

I cant find the sarcasm font

I don't think it matters. Just get out of next week alive and hope we'll be able to hold spring practices.

There's so much work to do, but I doubt you get much out of next week's game. Need a reset.

Despite the end of game failures - and make no mistake there is lots of blame to go around - Rex had about as functional a game as we can expect based on the reality of SU 2020. And for all we know, Rex may be back next year competing for the QB spot again.

If I’m HCDM, I would assess the situation based on whether I think Rex is back next year or not. If yes, start Rex but (assuming the game is quickly out of hand) find some snaps for Morgan if healthy and Tex. If Rex is gone, play both of the kids.

Despite the end of game failures - and make no mistake there is lots of blame to go around - Rex had about as functional a game as we can expect based on the reality of SU 2020. And for all we know, Rex may be back next year competing for the QB spot again.

If I’m HCDM, I would assess the situation based on whether I think Rex is back next year or not. If yes, start Rex but (assuming the game is quickly out of hand) find some snaps for Morgan if healthy and Tex. If Rex is gone, play both of the kids.
Don't we know what Rex is by now?⁰ He can't pass and he can't run. Sub 50% passer with almost as many picks as TDs. Many of his passes are way off the mark. His judgment is poor.
We are way better off developing one of the freshmen. If Rex is our best backup we have no depth again.

What crusty said. Even though Rex can come back next year, what does that do for Syracuse? An incapable backup? I know he’s a kid and I love his story. But he is not a P5 QB let alone a D1 QB. He wouldn’t play anywhere in D1 in my opinion. No reason to have him back. And yes, maybe a snap judgement but I don’t think he offers anything off the field either. It’s not like he knows the game inside and out and can coach our players up as we witnessed yesterday (running out of bounds for loss of yards instead of throwing away, taking terrible sacks, spiking the ball on 4th and goal).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom