Prediction:

Leaving: Marek, Sidibe, Newton

Starting:

Girard
Boeheim
Griffin
Guerrier
Edwards

Grif is not the first 6'5" guy asked to play the 3 in the SU zone. Heck, Paul Harris was only really 6'4" (so I've been told). The list goes on. And at times he does well in it, getting steals and those off side blocks that SU forwards get so often. His problem as I see it is he checks out / loses focus for extended purposes. Fix that, and he'll do great. In a perfect world like with any 3 his size time at the 2 would work well. Just don't hold your breath waiting for it.
Paul Harris was a much larger guy, am dressing he weighted 30 lbs more and seemed to have a much bigger wingspan.

Paul Harris was a much larger guy, am dressing he weighted 30 lbs more and seemed to have a much bigger wingspan.
Paul Harris was tough as nails. They are 2 very different players.

I would bet a significant amount of money that at least 1 of those “returning starters” aren’t coming back, if not more
That’s the only way this lineup changes. Unless Boeheim proves me wrong and I hope he does.

Uhhhh, hoping on some transfers.

Why we don't go more aggressively after Canadian kids - maybe we are and I don't see it though. Who knows.

Even that guard last year, Karim Mane, he's in the NBA already out of HS, and I don't think we reached out to him. He likely would have gone to school for a year if COVID never enters the equations (although not a definite). Who knows...maybe bags of cash were involved, but I don't think we ever attempted to talk to him. We weird. Canada!!!!!

Karim Mane and Kadary in the backcourt would have been unstoppable!

GIRARD
BUDDY
BENNY
BRASWELL
THIN MAN

Kadary, Buddy, Benny, whoever stays at 3 and Jesse/Frank.

My dark horse transfer is still JG3

Paul Harris was tough as nails. They are 2 very different players.
Maybe that's what Griffin needs to do, get tougher. Besides, there have been other guys his size to play the 3.

I think we should actually put the full rotation for next year. Here is my guess:

Starters:
Kadary
Buddy
Bras
Benny
TBD Center that stays

Rotation:
JGIII
TBD wing transfer
TBD center transfer (this will be the 0.5 in the 7.5 rotation)

Leaving: Marek, Q, AG, Woody, Sid, at least two of three of Jesse/Frank/JBA.

This is all a guess, just to be clear. If AG stays, then he bumps Bras to the bench and you can kill the wing transfer. I think Kadary has to start. He's one of the oldest freshman in the country this year and I think he'll be planning to go pro after next year.

C - Marek
F - Quincy
F - Alan
G - Buddy
G - Joe

Bench
Kadary - 15mpg
Benny - 15mpg

That’s it. We know Boeheim and we know how completely stubborn he is.
This is probably going to be pretty spot on

Interesting question... of all the potential players “leaving”, rank who you want back in order of importance for next year :

1. Sidibe
2. Q
3. Marek

Interesting question... of all the potential players “leaving”, rank who you want back in order of importance for next year :

1. Sidibe
2. Q
3. Marek
I think C is one of our biggest weaknesses but I'd actually make the argument that Sid coming back is the least important on the list. Starting with the tendonitis freshman year and then tearing his meniscus this year, have we ever had a full year of Sid at 100%? Not buying that him coming back next year is going to somehow be different than any of the other years hes been on campus. Not his fault obviously but I think yet another year of crossing fingers that he can go the season without falling apart is a bad approach. Really think we need to address the C position for next year in a different way.

I think we should actually put the full rotation for next year. Here is my guess:

Starters:
Kadary
Buddy
Bras
Benny
TBD Center that stays

Rotation:
JGIII
TBD wing transfer
TBD center transfer (this will be the 0.5 in the 7.5 rotation)

Leaving: Marek, Q, AG, Woody, Sid, at least two of three of Jesse/Frank/JBA.

This is all a guess, just to be clear. If AG stays, then he bumps Bras to the bench and you can kill the wing transfer. I think Kadary has to start. He's one of the oldest freshman in the country this year and I think he'll be planning to go pro after next year.
I could see it.

I've already said I don't see any of Sidibe, Marek, Q or Griffin coming back.

I would feel good about a forward rotation of Benny, Woody and Big Bad Bobby Braswell. Remains to be seen how those guys feel about it.

The guard pieces can work but Kadary gotsta start. Gotsta. And not because that moves Buddy to forward.

Center's a mystery. No idea what the plan is. I don't see how we can count on Sidibe, even if he comes back. JB seems to genuinely believe he can't possibly play the other three (3!) scholarship centers on the roster. What's really going to change in an off-season? Multiple guys make monster leaps? PT is there for someone though.

I joke about Jimmy, but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's on the squad next season.

Sidibe
Q
Benny
Buddy
K

I would take that in a heartbeat with Joe, Bras and Frank off the bench. After that depends on who stays and goes. Assuming Jesse, Woody, JBA, Marek and Griff all are possible exits.

C - Marek
F - Quincy
F - Alan
G - Buddy
G - Joe

Bench
Kadary - 15mpg
Benny - 15mpg

That’s it. We know Boeheim and we know how completely stubborn he is.
Kadary plays less next year? Who knows if he starts (he will imo), but he is playing more than 15mpg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom