Next year’s starting line up ? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Next year’s starting line up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he hasn't been cleared, that means he's not playing with the team, correct? It was such a huge deal that Jesse couldn't get back from Holland last summer, why wouldn't this be a huge deal for Sid this year?

Last year Jesse was younger and less experienced, he needed the summer workout time with his teammates /coaches that never happened, and most importantly the plan was to redshirt him. He and his parents knew what he needed to develop and were fine with the decision. Then everything else happened and the plan changed.

That being said, I have a feeling that Jesse starts. I think Bourama comes off the bench unless Jesse falters and Bourama looks really, really good in practice.

Jimmy has a well rounded game, I agree I think he starts and Swider comes off the bench.

Swider didn’t transfer so he could come off the bench. He starts.

So... how about Junior and Symir then?

Now - I personally believe that Junior & Sy are gonna be like KrisJo and Scoop, coming off the bench but playing a good amount of minutes.

I would be very, VERY surprised if Benny doesn't earn a starting nod.

With all the experience and a pretty good idea of roles walking into this year not sure the starting lineup matters that much. Seems pretty clear we will have a solid 7-8 man rotation depending on BS's health and where Frank is on the development spectrum.

Symir is the clear cut guard sub, the forward rotation is Cole, Benny, Jimmy and then you have the center piece. I'm with others in that Jesse makes more sense. He came on late, plays the position more traditionally to how we like it and also has been playing basketball this past year. BS healthy is a nice player but he hasn't been on the court for more than a few minutes since Bryant.

Wildcard is where is Frank's game at the moment vs being just an athlete last year not ready for game time.

Joe
Jackson
Benny
Cole
Jesse

Jr, Anslem and Symir off the bench. Does not sound like Sid will be able to go

Surprised so many people don’t think Jimmy starts. I think he will and Swider is the first off the bench - they’ll play the same minutes but I bet JB starts Jimmy

Thats what our 5 foot 2 reporter said too.

Wildcard is where is Frank's game at the moment vs being just an athlete last year not ready for game time.

Which is not bad wildcard to have, especially with Bourama having a muscular/skeletal structure that only an orthopedic surgeon could love.

The other question mark is what happens if one of the three guards go down. I assume that means Chaz…who as far as I know is viewed as a 3….moves to the backcourt for 5-15 min per game.

Which is not bad wildcard to have, especially with Bourama having a muscular/skeletal structure that only an orthopedic surgeon could love.

The other question mark is what happens if one of the three guards go down. I assume that means Chaz…who as far as I know is viewed as a 3….moves to the backcourt for 5-15 min per game.

Agreed. Injuries are without a doubt the biggest concern.

Probably the easiest in sometime

Joe
Buddy
Benny
Cole
Sidibe with Frank.and Jesse getting lots of mins.

Nah, the starting guards play until they foul out, and then Benny takes a guard spot.

I'm serious btw.

The five who practiced the best and demonstrate that they are ready, can provide spacing and make shots will start.

I don’t think Sid is going to be back.

JG
BB
BW
CS
JE

Jimmy, Frank Symir off the bench in that order.

there’s your 8
i would hope you’re dead on. I’m just super nervous Benny isn’t gonna start and get buried early behind Jimmy/Cole

i would hope you’re dead on. I’m just super nervous Benny isn’t gonna start and get buried early behind Jimmy/Cole

why would you not want Sid back? Or are you referencing his predicted starting lineup only?

I don’t think Sid is going to be back.

JG
BB
BW
CS
JE

Jimmy, Frank Symir off the bench in that order.

there’s your 8

i have no clue if Sid will be back or not but my projection is only based on the last time JB mentioned Sid he said he was doing good and he expected him to be back. But that was a couple months ago too.

PG to me is the biggest concern. Hoping Joe turned the corner last year defensively and with his handle. Always felt better at the two coming off the bench. Limited options.
SG - Buddy. Just hope JB does not run him 40 min a game for the entire season.
SF Cole or Benny rotation
PF Frank and Jimmy rotation
C Jesse with frank shifting in when jimmy comes in at PF
No idea about Sid because of health.

If he hasn't been cleared, that means he's not playing with the team, correct? It was such a huge deal that Jesse couldn't get back from Holland last summer, why wouldn't this be a huge deal for Sid this year?
Well, Sid is 5th year. Jesse was year 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors