Next year’s starting line up ? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Next year’s starting line up ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance he plays less than 25, so 30 wouldn’t be a stretch.

We have problems with our ooc schedule, zero doubt Jimmy is starting by ACC time IMO.
Assuming Benny and cole are somewhat better than Jimmy they should each be getting 30 to 35 minutes as starters thus leaving 15 to 18 minutes for Jimmy. I have no doubt there will be certain games when Benny goes fresh and cole can’t make a shot where Jimmy will get his 25 to 30 minutes, so put me down for jimmy to average around 20 overall, pre-nepotism that is.

Wow, I fully expect a certain amount of nepotism, but 30 minutes for Jimmy would be way over the top unless he is much better than I am anticipating, in which case, he should then be legitimately starting.
My opinion is not a fact. I just believe he will play a lot in the frontcourt. As long as we are top 25 most of the season I don’t care.

I don’t think we are a top 25 team unless the PG play is a lot better.

Assuming Benny and cole are somewhat better than Jimmy they should each be getting 30 to 35 minutes as starters thus leaving 15 to 18 minutes for Jimmy. I have no doubt there will be certain games when Benny goes fresh and cole can’t make a shot where Jimmy will get his 25 to 30 minutes, so put me down for jimmy to average around 20 overall, pre-nepotism that is.
Kadary was so much better than Joe and it wasn’t close, yet we know how the minutes played out.

If JB won’t start a Top 30 freshman, it’s easy to see why we rarely get the One-&-done 5 stars.
Not sure why you think Boeheim won't start a top 30 freshman? History says he always does unless there are entrenched starters ahead of him. I put together a little grid of SU's top 35 ranked recruits since the Natty title in 2003. We've had 17, 2 never made it campus, 11 of them started as freshman, 4 of them were behind well established returning starters. Interesting that Scoop and Triche kept 2 of them on the bench as freshmen (Dion & MCW).
Since there are no established starters returning in the Syracuse front court I would say odds are pretty good that Benny starts this year. BTW...6 of them were one (or none) & done, 3 more left after their sophomore season for the NBA.

YearNameRankFR Year
2005Andre Blatche5NBA
2007Donte Greene7Started
2006Paul Harris126th man behind DNic and Devo
2010Fab Melo14Started 26 games
2018Darius Bazley17Reebok Internship?
2007Jonny Flynn18Started
2012DaJuan Coleman22Started until injured
2011Rak Christmas23Started
2014Chris McCullough21Started
2010Dion Waiters21Don't get me started
2013Tyler Ennis23Started
2003Darryl Watkins24Stuck behind Forth and Hak
2011MCW26Stuck behind Scoop, Triche and Dion
2021Benny Williams29?
2003Demetrious NicholsStarted all non-Edelin games
2015Malachi Richardson34Started
2016Tyus Battle34Started
2005Eric Devendorf32Started

Not sure why you think Boeheim won't start a top 30 freshman? History says he always does unless there are entrenched starters ahead of him. I put together a little grid of SU's top 35 ranked recruits since the Natty title in 2003. We've had 17, 2 never made it campus, 11 of them started as freshman, 4 of them were behind well established returning starters. Interesting that Scoop and Triche kept 2 of them on the bench as freshmen (Dion & MCW).
Since there are no established starters returning in the Syracuse front court I would say odds are pretty good that Benny starts this year. BTW...6 of them were one (or none) & done, 3 more left after their sophomore season for the NBA.

YearNameRankFR Year
2005Andre Blatche5NBA
2007Donte Greene7Started
2007Jonny Flynn18Started
2013Tyler Ennis23Started
2021Benny Williams29?
2016Tyus Battle34Started
All the ones who started didn’t have much competition in front of them.

Cole and Jimmy are both seniors.

YearNameRankFR Year
2005Andre Blatche5NBA
2007Donte Greene7Started
2007Jonny Flynn18Started
2013Tyler Ennis23Started
2021Benny Williams29?
2016Tyus Battle34Started

“Don’t get me started” - LOL! :p

YearNameRankFR Year
2005Andre Blatche5NBA
2007Donte Greene7Started
2007Jonny Flynn18Started
2013Tyler Ennis23Started
2021Benny Williams29?
2016Tyus Battle34Started
I think Benny starts.
I was responding to posters who said he wouldn’t

No chance he plays less than 25, so 30 wouldn’t be a stretch.

We have problems with our ooc schedule, zero doubt Jimmy is starting by ACC time IMO.

I think Williams and Cole play 30 minutes each in every game there isn't foul trouble or injury. JBJ will get his minutes from whatever is left over, and probably a few when the centers get in trouble.

My nightmare is Edwards, Anselem and Sidibe getting benched in favor of an undersized three forward lineup.

I don't think I can tough out another season of that.

YearNameRankFR Year
2005Andre Blatche5NBA
2007Donte Greene7Started
2007Jonny Flynn18Started
2013Tyler Ennis23Started
2021Benny Williams29?
2016Tyus Battle34Started
Baze - New Balance

I think Williams and Cole play 30 minutes each in every game there isn't foul trouble or injury. JBJ will get his minutes from whatever is left over, and probably a few when the centers get in trouble.

My nightmare is Edwards, Anselem and Sidibe getting benched in favor of an undersized three forward lineup.

I don't think I can tough out another season of that.
Can't see all thee of Edwards, Anselem and Sidibe being "benched", since that would mean no front court sub. However a "small ball" lineup could be successful in some situations.

Can't see all thee of Edwards, Anselem and Sidibe being "benched", since that would mean no front court sub. However a "small ball" lineup could be successful in some situations.
One of those three would be the front court sub. If Jimmy is at the 5 and we need a sub at the 3 or 4, just throw one of the three centers at the 5 and Jimmy back to a normal spot.

Joe
Buddy
Cole
Benny
Jesse

Frank
Symir
Jimmy
Jon Bol
I would be stunned to see Jon Bol get ANY meaningful time in the rotation - not that what stuns me carries any significance.

The roster, the player's individual skill sets and JB's history point to an 8 man rotation. Sid's availability and health is the only thing, in my mind, that would impact that absent injuries or Covid.

I think we will see 3-4 players playing 30+ mins/game.

I would be stunned to see Jon Bol get ANY meaningful time in the rotation - not that what stuns me carries any significance.

The roster, the player's individual skill sets and JB's history point to an 8 man rotation. Sid's availability and health is the only thing, in my mind, that would impact that absent injuries or Covid.

Joe and Buddy will each be 35+.

At least one of the forwards will be +30.

I think the centers will divvy time.

I had JB last. I don’t expect Sid to play

Jimmy and Swider are going to get center minutes just like Marek did. I’d say that happens at least 5-10 minutes per game. JB has been doing the undersized center thing for years at this point.

Jimmy and Swider are going to get center minutes just like Marek did. I’d say that happens at least 5-10 minutes per game. JB has been doing the undersized center thing for years at this point.

Yup. 144% true.

From “break glass in case of emergency” with CJ and Jerami, to Rico, to Marek.

And given that both Cole & Junior have at least 20+ lbs over Marek, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see either of them get some minutes at the 5 spot.

At this point, any minutes Sid can give us, are totally gravy.

IF he was remotely healthy, he’d be a very viable option there for us;
but 6 games at the end of the season 2 years ago, plus a Pitt game here and there prior, doesn’t exactly inspire confidence in his availability

JG 30
BB 37
CS 28
BW 32
JE 25

ST 13
JB 20
FA 15

BS will be our foul-trouble-game 5. Unless he’s fully healthy, which I doubt. Having three viable options at the 5 sure would be nice.

Last edited:
If you have elite talent like golden state it makes sense to do small ball death lineup.

To play Jimmy Jr. at the 5 when we have better 5s is just stupid.

JG 30
BB 37
CS 28
BW 32
JE 25

ST 13
JB 20
FA 15

BS will be our foul-trouble-game 5. Unless he’s fully healthy, which I doubt. Having three viable options at the 5 sure would be nice.
This looks spot on if, if, if Coach will trust FA for 15 instead of CS/JB for 15 and if BS cannot go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom