Next year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Next year

Sure we have.
Fat Pirate did it, Garopolo did it.
It’s the same O.

But yes, we will definitely see TD do likewaise next year.

"We" -- as in Syracuse.

I know those other guys did it under Babers. And that's what I expect US to see -- because as you point out, it's the same O, and we'll have a QB with a bit more arm talent.

What happened to Q. White and Hendrix this year? Maybe our two biggest recruits and I don't think either saw the field for a snap. Injuries?

What happened to Q. White and Hendrix this year? Maybe our two biggest recruits and I don't think either saw the field for a snap. Injuries?

Hendrix - injury
White - redshirt

OL very rarely play as true freshmen. White was highly regarded based on potential. Give him another year or two and hopefully we have a high-end ACC starter.

Don’t downplay losing the competitive fire of Dungey. Much of the success next year will rest on the shoulders of DeVito. He had some highs and lows this year. Need him to rise up and take the lead of the team, all while minimizing the lows.
Don't worry about Tommy.

Hendrix - injury
White - redshirt

OL very rarely play as true freshmen. White was highly regarded based on potential. Give him another year or two and hopefully we have a high-end ACC starter.

Makes sense. Any sense how these two looked in practice/camp (when they were available?)

Makes sense. Any sense how these two looked in practice/camp (when they were available?)

Can’t say about on the turf, but Qadir White is an absolutely GINORMOUS human being.

Harris was impressing in camp pre-injury, many said he (and Taj) were the best of the young WR’s.

i’m glad Dungey pulled it together and finished the season in a very strong, borderline legendary manner. It’s more than understandable why a large portion of fans were ready for Tommy to take over after FSU, Pitt and UNC. However, Dino stuck with the kid with experience, and who’s done whatever’s asked of him. Excited for Tommy’s time to really begin now. Thankful for Eric’s time here and bringing us back.

Not sure about that. UNC was the only win we had that was within 1 score. Fact is we lost more close games than we won: L Clemson; L Pitt; W UNC

I think it’s fair to say we were inconsistent in many games this year. But we’re not a dominant program like Bama or Clemson. We found ways to win despite being inconsistent. But that’s not unexpected from a young team.

Reality is the only poor performance we had all year was against Notre Dame,
But who is? Right--maybe Georgia.

Can’t say about on the turf, but Qadir White is an absolutely GINORMOUS human being.

Harris was impressing in camp pre-injury, many said he (and Taj) were the best of the young WR’s.
I couldn’t believe how big he was strolling the sideline. A head above everyone else and much bigger. Huggeee

I predict a little of both above. TD is very athletic and, hopefully, a couple of the young OLmen progress quickly.

I just have a gut feeling that Froumy might be one of those guys.
Don't forget about our highest rated o-lineman last year that redshirted, Qadir White. High hopes for him.

I think 8 or 9 wins is reasonable, given our schedule for next year. Anything above that is gravy.

I'm concerned about the offensive line and how long they will take to come together.
Traveling to Maryland, even though they just fired their coach and brought in Locksley, could be a challenge that early in the season. Maryland, even though they were 5-7, still has Big 10 caliber athletes.

The other question mark, of course, is linebacker. Shy Cullen gives us a good foundation, and of course we are bringing in 2 4-Star freshmen in Kpogba and Mikel Jones. Don't forget, we also have Juan Wallace and Tre Allison who both took red shirts this season. So among those guys and Armstrong, that's six candidates (or seven, because there was another frosh LB who redshirted, too) for the position. We will be young, but we should have some talent there.

The O line is going to take a few weeks to come together. Our offense is going to be vulnerable early to blitzes, I fear. I hope DeVito can get his feet quickly, and I hope Amie gets some run, just as a change of pace running QB. We have more projects on the O line. They have the frame, but will they be strong enough?
Locksley has a 3 and 31 record as a head coach. That's less than 10%.

He has a bit to prove before I'm worried about that game.

Ish won so many 50 /50 balls last year .. custice won a few , ISH IMO was the best WR in compared years for sure . Next years group could be special . The biggest credit I give Babers is his awareness of our weakness he really gets it and I’m sure he will do everything possible to improve the current O line in anyway he can . Look at Ian Book he looked great vs is very elusive but not last night .Eric had his hands full in the first half bs WVU . Athletic or not sometimes there’s just no escaping. I’m at the airport waiting to board and there still plenty of Orange here . Can’t wait to wear my orange stuff to the gym and wear it proud ! Speaking of gym TD is Theresa we speak
You're going to have an awful lot of fun the next 3 years...ok...probably the next 2 years.;)

2 large fellas:

IMG_20180915_113305044.jpg

Shy was telling me a funny story. On the way to Orlando the team took a plane that had the 2 isles with seats outside and in the middle... the plane departed late because they couldn’t find a place for qadir to sit... he was too big for the seats

Don't forget about our highest rated o-lineman last year that redshirted, Qadir White. High hopes for him.

There seem to be comments all over this board that he was out of shape this year.
It would be a HUGE plus for next year's team if he is in tip-top shape.
Right now, it looks like a mix of about 8 guys or so who might be contributors on the O-Line.

It seems like we have maybe four guys who are relatively solid, and 4 or so who we reasonably hope to be able to rely on. We need some of them who don't have very much game experience to step up and contribute, and grow into dependable options over the course of the season.

Shy was telling me a funny story. On the way to Orlando the team took a plane that had the 2 isles with seats outside and in the middle... the plane departed late because they couldn’t find a place for qadir to sit... he was too big for the seats

So what ended up being the solution? First Class? Remove an armrest between 2 seats?

Locksley has a 3 and 31 record as a head coach. That's less than 10%.

He has a bit to prove before I'm worried about that game.

I, too, am pretty happy that we never hired him.
But you never know. Sometimes new coaches give players a bounce.
They feel like they are getting a new chance to start over with a clean slate, and play their butts off.
Especially when the relationship with the coach is relatively new - early in the season.

And many mentioned Queeley, who was far more productive in high school (back to back 1000 yard seasons), than Hendrix. Should be good WR competition in the Spring and August.

So what ended up being the solution? First Class? Remove an armrest between 2 seats?
Nope tried all that... even a flight attendant jump seat... wouldn’t fit. Just wound up squished with legs in aisle pushed back into another player like that picture of Andre but with a row in front of him lol.
He also told me a story about him being so strong. Said he plays on scout team and just manhandles everyone. Said ward doesn’t get mad cause the kid just can’t help how strong he is.

I, too, am pretty happy that we never hired him.
But you never know. Sometimes new coaches give players a bounce.
They feel like they are getting a new chance to start over with a clean slate, and play their butts off.
Especially when the relationship with the coach is relatively new - early in the season.
Yeah, I just think the guy has been an absolute train wreck when he's been handed the keys, and people are thinking that's changed because he worked with Saban a little bit?

I mean...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom