Next year | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Next year

If JB stayed there was going to be a mass exodus and some players already had destinations in mind.
Based on what was floating around Benny, Judah, and Cope were gone. JJ wouldn't have come. No idea on Cuffe or McCloud. I realize we are all pissed about the blow out losses. I thought we had a chance at the dance this year, but I didn't expect a record much better than what we have at this point. Let's give Red a couple of seasons to turn around what has been a solid 5 or more-year slide.

Based on what was floating around Benny, Judah, and Cope were gone. JJ wouldn't have come. No idea on Cuffe or McCloud. I realize we are all pissed about the blow out losses. I thought we had a chance at the dance this year, but I didn't expect a record much better than what we have at this point. Let's give Red a couple of seasons to turn around what has been a solid 5 or more-year slide.
Cope came to play for JB, I doubt he was leaving.

I really don’t know what to think about next year. Lack of development from Bell and Taylor is a huge disappointment.
JJ is a worse defender than Girard or Buddy. And not as good of a scorer as either.
Freemen and Moore are talented but both are really thin and will be freshman. Hard to rely on that.
Centers stink. It’s as simple as that.
My most controversial take. Maliq is a nice player but where do you play him. Not big enough to pay center and he cant shoot enough to play the four. On a good team he is your third big man.
Can’t count on Westry. Kid has been hurt for two years. Anything you get from him should be considered a bonus.
Unless they can get at least two, hopefully three good transfers i don’t see a tournament team next year.

This thread is pretty funny. Title is "Next Year" starts off with good conversation then devolves into talking about Boeheim what ifs. It's Autry for better or worse next year and the year after likely.

agreed and that is exactly what he will get, he's not getting a quick hook nor should he

A really big guy with a non-contact foot issue is a bad sign. It's probably premature to count on McCloud for too much next year, IMO

I really don’t know what to think about next year. Lack of development from Bell and Taylor is a huge disappointment.
JJ is a worse defender than Girard or Buddy. And not as good of a scorer as either.
Freemen and Moore are talented but both are really thin and will be freshman. Hard to rely on that.
My most controversial take. Maliq is a nice player but where do you play him. Not big enough to pay center and he cant shoot enough to play the four. On a good team he is your third big man.
Can’t count on Westry. Kid has been hurt for two years. Anything you get from him should be considered a bonus.
Unless they can get at least two, hopefully three good transfers i don’t see a tournament team next year.
Saying JJ is a worse defender than JG3 and that's not even your most controversial take. If Brown dropped into the portal right now there would be alot of good teams giving him a big bag to snatch him up. Not cuz he can shoot, because he's great defensively and around the rim and goes to work. Almost leading the league in steals, 12th in the ACC in rebounds playing out of position and with fewer minutes. He has taken care of business on multiple bigs this year. If we can hold onto Brown for 4 years this team will be better whether he starts or comes off the bench at the 4 or 5.

Sounds like you just want a full delete top to bottom. I guess that could happen if we get blown out by Louisville and ND.

Coming to play for a guy and then changing your mind after playing for said guy can be a real thing.
Sure, but I don't remember any insiders saying anything about cope transferring during the last season/offseason until that one message.

Saying JJ is a worse defender than JG3 and that's not even your most controversial take. If Brown dropped into the portal right now there would be alot of good teams giving him a big bag to snatch him up. Not cuz he can shoot, because he's great defensively and around the rim and goes to work. Almost leading the league in steals, 12th in the ACC in rebounds playing out of position and with fewer minutes. He has taken care of business on multiple bigs this year. If we can hold onto Brown for 4 years this team will be better whether he starts or comes off the bench at the 4 or 5.

Sounds like you just want a full delete top to bottom. I guess that could happen if we get blown out by Louisville and ND.
I don’t want anything other than to be fun to watch again.
Would Maliq start for Duke, UNC or UVA? Probably not. He is our second best player. That’s the problem, not Maliq’s ability, the guys around him. Our second best player wouldn’t start at the top ACC schools. To me that’s a problem.

Maybe we need a new staff.

HC no I’m fine with 2 more years of Red. But he needs his Troy Weaver not Gerry.
I think we should have gone outside for a new coach. I like red but like all of our assistants they are their foooo long.

I don’t want anything other than to be fun to watch again.
Would Maliq start for Duke, UNC or UVA? Probably not. He is our second best player. That’s the problem, not Maliq’s ability, the guys around him. Our second best player wouldn’t start at the top ACC schools. To me that’s a problem.
Maliq scored 26 against Duke. He’s a bit better than Mark Mitchell and would have the 2nd best PER on their team. This place criminally underrates him.

If year two is full of double-digit losses to peer programs, he could be let-go.
Right the slide has been going on too long so Red has a short leash I suspect.
Get to 18 wins this year, thats +1 from last year while losing Jessie (Joe) so no seniors plus injuries to Westy and Mcloud.
Get to tournament or come close while moving up in the ACC standings to show progress in Y2. Get a tourney invite in Year 2 will warrant an extension. If he fails on the 1st 2, Red will only have who's returning in Year 3 and what recruits he has signed to ensure he gets year 3.

Right the slide has been going on too long so Red has a short leash I suspect.
Get to 18 wins this year, thats +1 from last year while losing Jessie (Joe) so no seniors plus injuries to Westy and Mcloud.
Get to tournament or come close while moving up in the ACC standings to show progress in Y2. Get a tourney invite in Year 2 will warrant an extension. If he fails on the 1st 2, Red will only have who's returning in Year 3 and what recruits he has signed to ensure he gets year 3.
We do know his name is Mcleod right?

If Chris Hotltmann gets fired at Ohio State, Roddy Gayle would be a big time add. Could look to come back closer to home.

Bingo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom