Next year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Next year

After this game, I am starting to wonder if the only reason he starts is because he is the only one that doesn't act like a giant baby when things go poorly.
I’m fine with Taylor starting with Benny acting the way he does. We can’t be successful with that type of attitude going forward and he isn’t good anyway. And yes I know Taylor isn‘t good.

I’m fine with Taylor starting with Benny acting the way he does. We can’t be successful with that type of attitude going forward and he isn’t good anyway. And yes I know Taylor isn‘t good.
The issue to me isn’t Taylor starting. It’s Taylor AND Bell starting. It doesn’t work.

Now….its also fair to suggest we don’t have anything that will work, but I’d prefer to see Q and one of them

The issue to me isn’t Taylor starting. It’s Taylor AND Bell starting. It doesn’t work.

Now….its also fair to suggest we don’t have anything that will work, but I’d prefer to see Q and one of them
That works too for me. At this point I want Red to give Benny the boot. He’s been given enough leeway at this point who someone who’s been bad to average. We need to show that we will only play guys who play hard and want to win.

This may be harsh to some sensitive snowflakes but we need to fix the roster. Here’s the only players that should be invited back to the roster for next year

Maliq
Copeland
Westry
JJ
Freeman
Moore
Cuffe (maybe)
Judah if he wants to come back, but he probably won’t

Force portal on everyone else

Find 3 transfers. Shooting and rebounding are a must.

Cuffe is terrible… Copeland isn’t good… agree w the rest, though I rather have Mintz leave

Cuffe is terrible… Copeland isn’t good… agree w the rest, though I rather have Mintz leave
Copeland is the kind of guy who provides energy off the bench, keeps everyone fired up, plays selflessly, and can sub in at PG/SG/SF. There's a lot of value there. Ideally he'd be a four year guy who, as a senior, has developed into a valuable starter.

He's not a perfect overlap with CJ Fair, but a similar concept - glue guy who plays hard, who's not selfish, with nice versatility.

Imagine Q working with a true PG and SG who can attack or make a nice pass... Or imagine working matchups in his favor, depending on the opponent. His tenacity could be very valuable in that regard.

Unfortunately right now he's either going to have to be asked to do more than he can or to make the pretty pass to someone who's going to chuck up a brick.

The staff seems like they are losing control of the team. That does not instill confidence.
Honestly, this doesn’t seem like a great collection of guys. Hate to lump them all together, but the lack of effort and control these “kids” show is beyond pathetic. We weren’t good the past couple of years, but at least they tried.

Copeland is the kind of guy who provides energy off the bench, keeps everyone fired up, plays selflessly, and can sub in at PG/SG/SF. There's a lot of value there. Ideally he'd be a four year guy who, as a senior, has developed into a valuable starter.

He's not a perfect overlap with CJ Fair, but a similar concept - glue guy who plays hard, who's not selfish, with nice versatility.

Imagine Q working with a true PG and SG who can attack or make a nice pass... Or imagine working matchups in his favor, depending on the opponent. His tenacity could be very valuable in that regard.

Unfortunately right now he's either going to have to be asked to do more than he can or to make the pretty pass to someone who's going to chuck up a brick.
I’ve seen him take 6 threes in a game, those are essentially turnovers, not selfless.

I’ve seen him take 6 threes in a game, those are essentially turnovers, not selfless.
Overall do you not think he's a good team player trying to win? He's taken 3+ threes three times this year: 1/3, 1/3, 2/6.

Do I want him launching six threes? No. But I don't think he's generally putting up a lot of bad shots. I'd have to go back and see how many of those six (Duke game) were when we were chasing the game in desperation mode.

I’m done with guards who can’t shoot, what’s the point?
We need more shooters obviously, but that doesn't mean we can't use a kid like Q who's a hustle/glue guy who provides decent depth at three positions. Someone who can slash and distribute looks a lot better when paired with a lights out shooter or two.

We need more shooters obviously, but that doesn't mean we can't use a kid like Q who's a hustle/glue guy who provides decent depth at three positions. Someone who can slash and distribute looks a lot better when paired with a lights out shooter or two.
Zero assists tonight.

He looks fine in flashes, 10 years ago he doesn’t play a minute here, we probably don’t even recruit him.

If this is what we’re rolling with, why watch? Q will never lead a winning team. Energy doesn’t equal good.

Can someone old enough give me a JT comparison? Scott McCorckle? Glenn Sekunda? any comparison there?
Bobby Lazar maybe?

Also, I'd like to clarify my comment yesterday about part of me wanting Brown to transfer because he deserves better. He's my favorite player on the team, by far. Since he's shown up he's just worked hard, not complained, and produced despite baffling coaching decisions. He deserves to play somewhere that he can develop in his true position and in a place where he'll get to experience an NCAA tournament before he's done. I'm not sure Syracuse will or can provide either of those things.

Last edited:
Benny took off to the locker room before the handshake line. No way this dude is here next season.
next season? He will be gone today.

There are bigger problems on this team than Justin. Justin wasn’t guarding Miller last night. #3 was getting toasted on defense all night. When your best player puts zero effort in guarding anyone, you‘re in big trouble. Justin was giving up 6 inches in the post and his teammates stand and watch offering no help. I don’t like to blame officials, but they helped in letting that game get away. They’re not the reason we lost but they did us no favors last night. Cuffe gets a touch foul on the baseline and next time down he gets pushed out of bounds with no call. We got no calls last night. It was an embarrassing performance much like the DePaul game back in 2004.

Taylor, Bell, Benny hit the portal.
Sounds like Judah low end of the Draft. He my stay.
JJ , Brown, Cuffe, Freeman, Moore, Copeland. Stay
Need a wing and big man. In. Portal.

Let's look at who goes for sure:
-Hima
-Benny

Who maybe goes:
-Bell
-Taylor
-Judah

Starting Rotation:
1: Q / Portal (Shooter)
2: JJ / Moore / Cuffe
3: Westry / Portal (Enforcer)
4: Brown / Freeman / Carey
5: McLeod (Def Rim Protector) / Portal (Offensive) / Patterson (TBD)

I think Taylor will actually come back and find an off the bench role playing the 2 or 3. Not that I agree but the coaching staff likes his maturity even though he can't hit the side of a barn door.

Also I think JJ is going to have to learn to run the point next year, but not sure how that will work out.

Let's look at who goes for sure:
-Hima
-Benny

Who maybe goes:
-Bell
-Taylor
-Judah

Starting Rotation:
1: Q / Portal (Shooter)
2: JJ / Moore / Cuffe
3: Westry / Portal (Enforcer)
4: Brown / Freeman / Carey
5: McLeod (Def Rim Protector) / Portal (Offensive) / Patterson (TBD)

I think Taylor will actually come back and find an off the bench role playing the 2 or 3. Not that I agree but the coaching staff likes his maturity even though he can't the side of a barn door.

Also I think JJ is going to have to learn to run the point next year, but not sure how that will work out.
I don't think Freeman is coming here to come off the bench.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom