Next Year's Back court | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Next Year's Back court

Anyone notice Hughes slipping a number of times particularly on the opposite side of our bench last night? I was wondering if he was having trouble with traction with his shoes or if the court had some moisture on it. Maybe I’m crazy (maybe?) but I thought I saw him slip a lot last night.

Carey is the wildcard next year. IF he can't handle the point, we have problems unless JGIII exceeds expectations.

Anyone notice Hughes slipping a number of times particularly on the opposite side of our bench last night? I was wondering if he was having trouble with traction with his shoes or if the court had some moisture on it. Maybe I’m crazy (maybe?) but I thought I saw him slip a lot last night.
Its that court they play hockey games there so that court is always slippery.

Hughes has traction problems every game. He plays like he has banana peels glued to the bottom of his shoes. Someone is doing a horrific job outfitting him with the proper footwear for the task at hand. I assume the kids are allowed to wear whatever they want, in whatever size they want. It shows.

Hughes has traction problems every game. He plays like he has banana peels glued to the bottom of his shoes. Someone is doing a horrific job outfitting him with the proper footwear for the task at hand. I assume the kids are allowed to wear whatever they want, in whatever size they want. It shows.

I think last night Hughes and Howard were the only 2 players to wear those KD shoes that were in the uniform pic. But you’re right, he seems to slip at least once every game, even in the dome.

I think last night Hughes and Howard were the only 2 players to wear those KD shoes that were in the uniform pick. But you’re right, he seems to slip at least once every game, even in the some.

And KD loses his shoes a lot himself. Maybe it’s the shoe.

And KD loses his shoes a lot himself. Maybe it’s the shoe.

The KD 11’s are not known to be a good performing shoe from everything I’ve heard. You’d think virtually any shoe would be fine on a D-1 quality court, it’s not like they’re playing on a dusty YMCA court. But maybe not.

He also seems to bobble at least one pass a game, too. Maybe he isn't all that coordinated? Seems odd for a 6-6 guard to be uncoordinated.

Carey is the wildcard next year. IF he can't handle the point, we have problems unless JGIII exceeds expectations.

Howard Washington probably has the best PG skills of the 5 guards we'll have next year. Being a fan of his I hope that translates into playing time for him but unfortunately I think he'll be odd man out in Coach Boeheim's rotation.

I agree on your assessment of Hughes. He is the most efficient player on the team, not to mention our best 3 pt. shooter. Always seems to take good shots. Love his drives to the hoop and he can score with his left hand...
His handle is weak

When he does get past his guy though, he puts those sweet little layups in, with either hand.
He needs to significantly improve his handle if he wants any chance at playing professional basketball.