Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Next Year's PG - Hope for Howard

I really don't know if it is baiting, trolling, being a contrarian just to stir the pot or maybe ignorance but to say things were exaggerated with FH is laughable. It is.

Back to Howard. Howard Washington. I've loved all the positive things we are hearing about how hard he's been working. Sounds like HE might have a positive impact. I think he will work hard to get us recruits. That's the way it should be, right? I mean, you'd think a guy who loves this school would want to play with good players. Seems logical.

You previously, as well as others, predicted that he was 100% gone. If he stays (his choice) he plays. That's the reality with next year's roster. The anti-Howard crew is gonna have to get used to that. Hopefully, they can support him in his role on the team.

Actually, I never posted he was 100% gone. I have heard is there is a good likelihood he won't be back. If he's back, I hope it's with a new attitude.

This board is so irrational. Preseason, FH was the next MCW. Now, he struggled during the year and one knucklehead starts a rumor and everyone wants to give up on him. Can't there be a middle ground?

I'll admit that I was on the Frank hype train in preseason, and really watching him last year there was no reason not to expect bigger things from him. Definitely wasn't calling him the next MCW. The one thing he did very well last season was beat his man off the dribble and consistently get into the paint. Once there he made pretty good decisions with the ball. He wasn't scoring much, which we hoped would improve. For some reason, be it mental or physical, leaning more towards mental he started attacking the paint and turning the ball over or taking a bad shot. He just started to compound every problem with five more and just doesn't seem to have the mental state to move on.

If he's going to be back I think we could do a heck of a lot worse. Of course we could always do much better as well!

I'm not completely done with him. He's not the same player as last year, and he showed small flashes this year, but the bad plays just strongly outweigh the good! He fixes whatever is going on in his head, and he can still help us the next two years!

I'll admit that I was on the Frank hype train in preseason, and really watching him last year there was no reason not to expect bigger things from him. Definitely wasn't calling him the next MCW. The one thing he did very well last season was beat his man off the dribble and consistently get into the paint. Once there he made pretty good decisions with the ball. He wasn't scoring much, which we hoped would improve. For some reason, be it mental or physical, leaning more towards mental he started attacking the paint and turning the ball over or taking a bad shot. He just started to compound every problem with five more and just doesn't seem to have the mental state to move on.

If he's going to be back I think we could do a heck of a lot worse. Of course we could always do much better as well!

I'm not completely done with him. He's not the same player as last year, and he showed small flashes this year, but the bad plays just strongly outweigh the good! He fixes whatever is going on in his head, and he can still help us the next two years!

You might not be, but others close to the program certainly might be.

You might not be, but others close to the program certainly might be.
That's what I'm hearing. I won't be heart broken...as I've said we can do better. But if for some reason he does hang around, we could do worse.

He was also 10x better as a player. Maybe 50x. That matters.

so if you're good it's ok to try to destroy a team from within? that makes no sense. talent shouldn't matter. to some here it does.

so if you're good it's ok to try to destroy a team from within? that makes no sense. talent shouldn't matter. to some here it does.

Did I ever say it was OK? No.

If you have talent and produce, the leash is longer. That's common sense. And a provable fact.

I know you like to remain hell bent on certain things, but you're incorrect on this.

Did I ever say it was OK? No.

If you have talent and produce, the leash is longer. That's common sense. And a provable fact.

I know you like to remain hell bent on certain things, but you're incorrect on this.

I'm not hellbent on anything. just think its funny that some people are hellbent on getting howard out of town when another player was even worse in the team chemistry department but because he had more talent, its ok to overlook it.

I'm not hellbent on anything. just think its funny that some people are hellbent on getting howard out of town when another player was even worse in the team chemistry department but because he had more talent, its ok to overlook it.

Why is that funny? It's reality.

I can't imagine Waiters doing worse than Howard. The alleged off the court stuff that potentially impactsthe future of the program because of jealousy it seems? Various other altercations?

I saw Howard preseason as a poor man's MCW ceiling. Posters or fans would've been foolish to hype him up to that level. His ceiling isn't good enough to just hope he gets it by his senior year. Don't need any malcontents as well.

If waiters was a cancer, his team had a funny way of showing it. Damm that horrible 30-1 regular season!

27-8 and 34-3. which proves nothing.
I think it proves that fans, players and coaches alike have a greater tolerance for off-court drama if we're winning. 2011-12 takes the cake with Fine-gate and the Melo suspense.

Guys its really simple. Frank is not a very good basketball player and by all accounts a major pain in the ass.
Maybe he becomes a better teammate. He will never become much of a ball player. He cant shoot has a poor handle and a nickel brain.

I still see potential in Howard's game. He came in the uncg game and made a couple stupid plays right away but he was allowed more playing time (probably bc gillon was ineffective) and ended up having a pretty good game. If you watch a replay of the game, you'll notice that our ball movement was much better with him. He was initiating the high-low and Lydon loved it. We don't get that with John. Of course this is only one game.

I would feel ok with a three guard lineup of howard, howard, and battle next year. And possibly a fourth if we can get another guard.

I also think Howard and Battle (if he's back) could be pretty good defensively. They both have shown flashes of great anticipation for getting steals and closing passing lanes.

Per todays presser: Frank is welcome back and JB is willing to give him the keys to the car if he works throughout the off-season.

All of the incessant talk of his premature death were wrong per the head coach.

Now I just hope he decides to come back. Secondarily, I hope all the insiders that burned him at the stake this season support him next.

I still see potential in Howard's game. He came in the uncg game and made a couple stupid plays right away but he was allowed more playing time (probably bc gillon was ineffective) and ended up having a pretty good game. If you watch a replay of the game, you'll notice that our ball movement was much better with him. He was initiating the high-low and Lydon loved it. We don't get that with John. Of course this is only one game.
He and Battle gives us a lot of length up top. Frank just needs to be smart out there. It doesn't seem to come naturally to him.

Per todays presser: Frank is welcome back and JB is willing to give him the keys to the car if he works throughout the off-season.

All of the incessant talk of his premature death were wrong per the head coach.

Now I just hope he decides to come back. Secondarily, I hope all the insiders that burned him at the stake this season support him next.

From what I understand, Hop was less tolerant of FH than JB was. I've heard that Hop was ready to cut bait, but JB wouldn't pull the trigger.

So it makes sense that Frank will be back, if that is how things work out. If he is, hopefully he will not be a distraction and disruptive to the team on and off the floor. If he can do that, then having him back won't be bad. If he doesn't turn that corner...

JB was never exactly "glowing" in his vocal praise of howard's play during this season PP's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom