NFL draft thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

The previous Browns regime loaded the based with nobody out and this donk they have in their now hit a weak dribbler for the double play.
Colossal fail by the Giants.

If Darnold ever leads the Jets to a Super Bowl win...

It’s funny just to think that out loud.

If that happens and the Giants have the equivalent of Dave Brown, Kent Graham or Danny Kanell lined up under center post-Eli...Gettlemen better already be in the witness protection program...

I know he grades off the charts but he is still a RB..

If your QB is sheee!t, you ain't goin' no place with an RB unless your D is the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens...

Man, I really hope these guys know what they are doing...they had a chance to solidify the QB position the way the Packers did with Favre-Rodgers and they passed on all four guys...

If Michel is similar to Kamara it was good but it wasn’t a need.

Pats like QB Kyle Lauletta.
He played Lacrosse and his dad was a player at Navy
That is like Belichick dream prospect all rolled into one.
Apparently the Pats didn’t like Jackson’s passing percentage and this whole Brady thing is all leverage and they expect 2 years from Brady.

A Letter to NFL GM's | By Kyle Lauletta

The previous Browns regime loaded the based with nobody out and this donk they have in their now hit a weak dribbler for the double play.
Colossal fail by the Giants.
Im not sure why people are crucifying the giants for not taking darnold. He’s absolutely not a sure thing, meanwhile Barkley’s as close as it gets. Obj and shep are healthy now and their young TE’s a stud.

Give the guy with two rings on his hand another season or two with an actual running game.

Yeah. My guess is the fact we have 10 picks results in a 2nd round trade up. I also wouldn't have issue if they decided to go get Gesicki. While he needs work blocking, he gives a really solid weapon as a receiver and red zone weapon. Then maybe you find a speed guy in later rounds. Lot of options. I also like Fumagali as a later TE pick. I think we need to get a TE out of this draft.
Written is retiring so now the next two picks have to be wr an te.

Well we now know without Witten the Cowboys will be trying like crazy to get Gesiki from Penn State.
I wanted him before today's news Now we really need him.

We needed a receiver should have taken Ridley.
We only had 2 LBs capable of starting in the league. One of them still recovering from the knee injury. LB was a must in the first round IMO. We got plenty of receivers.

Bigger news is Witten retiring today.

Im not sure why people are crucifying the giants for not taking darnold. He’s absolutely not a sure thing, meanwhile Barkley’s as close as it gets. Obj and shep are healthy now and their young TE’s a stud.

Give the guy with two rings on his hand another season or two with an actual running game.

No QB ever is a sure thing but if you really don't like him, trade down or take Chub. Healthy Obj/Shep/TE/Whoever RB wins the same # of games. OL matters way more to a running game than RB.

I still don’t know what to think of Prescott completely.

Ex-Cowboys are now the lead analyst for CBS, Fox, and ESPN.

Sorry Kaiser.
The Giants single handily put Witten in the HOF.

Why Aikman is there is anyone’s guess.

Romo should stick to sucking at golf, for he’s better at than football.

All 3 are tolerable as announcers go.

Trent Richardson was as close as it gets to a sure thing too, and even if Saquon pans out and is an amazing RB, you'll be paying him like he's an amazing RB. There's basically no upside as far as the cap goes; if he isn't incredible you're stuck overpaying him for 4 years at minimum. QB or Chubb would have been a much better investment from that perspective, especially in a year like this one where there's so many high-quality RBs in the draft.

Also, I just love this made up narrative that the Giants just had to draft a QB this year. What if they won just a few more games and OBJ, BMarsh, Harris and Shepard weren’t hurt and Eli threw for his usual 4K???

Would they need a QB then?!?!

No.

Smart pick here...

Trent Richardson was as close as it gets to a sure thing too, and even if Saquon pans out and is an amazing RB, you'll be paying him like he's an amazing RB. There's basically no upside as far as the cap goes; if he isn't incredible you're stuck overpaying him for 4 years at minimum. QB or Chubb would have been a much better investment from that perspective, especially in a year like this one where there's so many high-quality RBs in the draft.
Agreed I didn’t like the Pats taking Michel at 31.
RBs are a dime a dozen.

I still can’t believe the Giants didn’t trade back if they wanted Barkley.
Eli has to improve a lot as mentioned next years QB crop isn’t as deep on projections.

I forgot who mentioned this but the 5th year option for Barkley will be higher than the transition tag because he went top 10 this the giants aren’t getting a cheap 5th year like they would have for a Premium position like QB/DE 5th years are cheaper.

Also, I just love this made up narrative that the Giants just had to draft a QB this year. What if they won just a few more games and OBJ, BMarsh, Harris and Shepard weren’t hurt and Eli threw for his usual 4K???

Would they need a QB then?!?!

No.

Smart pick here...
The Giants weren’t like the Cowboys the year they took Elliott.
That year the Cowboys were killed with injuries to Romo and underachieved after going 12-4 the year before and lost Demarco Murray and had a stud OL.

Eli was healthy last year. That benching was the best thing that happened to Eli. It galvanized the fanbase behind him and masked how he looked. Eli isn’t Phil Rivers or Ben these past years. He has been a bottom half Qb.

Barkley isn’t putting the Giants in the playoffs. The NFC is ridliciously deep.
That is why I would have gone for the long term game.

Agreed I didn’t like the Pats taking Michel at 31.
RBs are a dime a dozen.

I still can’t believe the Giants didn’t trade back if they wanted Barkley.
Eli has to improve a lot as mentioned next years QB crop isn’t as deep on projections.

I forgot who mentioned this but the 5th year option for Barkley will be higher than the transition tag because he went top 10 this the giants aren’t getting a cheap 5th year like they would have for a Premium position like QB/DE 5th years are cheaper.

Can't trade down if no one wants to come up. Everyone keeps saying it like they could've just snapped their fingers and went to whatever slot they wanted. Jets had no more assets to move, Browns weren't coming up, Broncos had a deal with the Bills to go down, Colts were trying to go down, Bucs obviously went down. Who was coming up to 2 and paying to do so? Buffalo wasn't going to pay to get up there, Arizona couldn't.

Same thing my Browns fan friends were complaining about with drafting Ward at #4. He was going somewhere between 6-10 and there likely was no team in that range that wanted to move up and sacrifice assets so either you draft him at 4 or don't get him.

Can't trade down if no one wants to come up. Everyone keeps saying it like they could've just snapped their fingers and went to whatever slot they wanted. Jets had no more assets to move, Browns weren't coming up, Broncos had a deal with the Bills to go down, Colts were trying to go down, Bucs obviously went down. Who was coming up to 2 and paying to do so? Buffalo wasn't going to pay to get up there, Arizona couldn't.

Same thing my Browns fan friends were complaining about with drafting Ward at #4. He was going somewhere between 6-10 and there likely was no team in that range that wanted to move up and sacrifice assets so either you draft him at 4 or don't get him.
Buffalo had a deal with Denver 5 for 12 and 22.
Cleveland could have done that at 4 and got that 2nd first round pick and then moved 12 and one of their 3 2nd round picks and moved back up for Ward at 7 like Buffalo did.

Giants probably could have gotten mid round picks from the Jets at 2.
The Jets were the biggest winners from the Giants they didn’t give up anything extra and got one of the top 2 QBs.
Last year Chicago moved up from 3 to 2 for a 3rd and 5th and future 4th.
Giants should have done the legwork with the Jets on that but it seems like the Giants didn’t want to deal with the Jets at all cost.

Buffalo had a deal with Denver 5 for 12 and 22.
Cleveland could have done that at 4 and got that 2nd first round pick and then moved 12 and one of their 3 2nd round picks and moved back up for Ward at 7 like Buffalo did.

Giants probably could have gotten mid round picks from the Jets at 2.
The Jets were the biggest winners from the Giants they didn’t give up anything extra and got one of the top 2 QBs.
Last year Chicago moved up from 3 to 2 for a 3rd and 5th and future 4th.
Giants should have done the legwork with the Jets on that but it seems like the Giants didn’t want to deal with the Jets at all cost.

Bills had to give up 2 2s to get from 12 to 7 so not sure if 12 and 33 gets it done or not, seems like it should but who knows. But then the Colts take Ward to fill a big need at CB with #6 and that whole plan blows up and now you don't have Chubb or Ward and there is no other impact CB or Edge guy avail at 7.

Jets being winners is something if you ignore that they paid about 2 dollars on the dollar just to get to #3.

Bills probably could have sat and waited until 8 or 9 and moved up for less to get Allen but then maybe the Cards go over the top and you end up with your 2nd choice because you were trying to be too cute and now you're stuck thinking about what if's forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom