NFL draft thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

“a package in return that includes picks No. 12, No. 22, No. 53, No. 56, a 2019 first-round pick, and a mid or late-round pick in 2019”.
Those #s sound familiar...

“a package in return that includes picks No. 12, No. 22, No. 53, No. 56, a 2019 first-round pick, and a mid or late-round pick in 2019”.

Not a chance of that happening sorry

And this article came out after you were “trolling” the bills fans.

We love Kaiser on the Bills thread he adds that NYC touch the thread needs and takes shots at the Jets which we love. Plus when trolls us it reminds us Bills fans to come over here in the fall when the Giants are 3-6 and Eli just threw three picks and Odell is doing something stupid again.

I would meltdown worse then you and Dasher on election night 2016.

How about worse than after a football loss to middle Tennessee?

A good RB can put a team over the top, or disguise some warts.

With Barkley...the Giants can go for it...and WIN it.

Then...with Barkley...they could hide who ever is the new QB for years 4-6 of Barkley.
I don’t see the Giants winning it all the next year or 2.
Which is why I would take Darnold or Mayfield if I were Gettleman.

The NFC is loaded next year.
Rams
Eagles
Vikings
Packers

Are all better and that isn’t including the NFC South which is loaded.

The AFC is NE/Pitt/Jax above the rest. The NFC is legit 10 deep I didn’t include the Niners, 3 South teams, Dallas all being decent as well.

Barkley doesn’t put the Giants in the playoffs.

I don’t see the Giants winning it all the next year or 2.
Which is why I would take Darnold or Mayfield if I were Gettleman.

The NFC is loaded next year.
Rams
Eagles
Vikings
Packers

Are all better and that isn’t including the NFC South which is loaded.

The AFC is NE/Pitt/Jax above the rest. The NFC is legit 10 deep I didn’t include the Niners, 3 South teams, Dallas all being decent as well.

Barkley doesn’t put the Giants in the playoffs.
Agree, but who do you think the Giants take ultimately? I still think they could take Barkley.

Agree, but who do you think the Giants take ultimately? I still think they could take Barkley.
If they aren’t taking a QB I would take Chubb at 2.
I think they are going to take Barkley.
Chubb would be an upgrade over JPP whom they traded.
They could get a good back at 35.
Guice, Chubb, Penny, Michel all of most of them will be there then.
I don’t see Barkley as a game changer miles better than those backs.
He is good but the best all-around RB your guy Leveon Bell doesn’t take over games he needs Brown and Ben to be the monster he is.

Are we there yet?

The anticipation is killing me.

I might have to take the edge off and drink on a school night tonight.

Rosen! Please God!

We love Kaiser on the Bills thread he adds that NYC touch the thread needs and takes shots at the Jets which we love. Plus when trolls us it reminds us Bills fans to come over here in the fall when the Giants are 3-6 and Eli just threw three picks and Odell is doing something stupid again.

3-6 would be a good start, I am seeing an 0-7 start as a possibility for Big Blue.. They should trade the #2 pick if they aren't taking a QB. Great debate would be who is more washed, Melo or Eli.

He is good but the best all-around RB your guy Leveon Bell doesn’t take over games he needs Brown and Ben to be the monster he is.

Taking a RB at 2 provides 0 surplus value too. Barkley at 2 gets a 4 year $32m deal that would give him the most guaranteed money of any RB in the league and he'd be tied for 2nd highest per year average with McCoy. A QB or DE locked into a rookie scale deal is an incredible value.

Taking a RB at 2 provides 0 surplus value too. Barkley at 2 gets a 4 year $32m deal that would give him the most guaranteed money of any RB in the league and he'd be tied for 2nd highest per year average with McCoy. A QB or DE locked into a rookie scale deal is an incredible value.
With an option for a 5th year I believe.

Josh Allen has never completed 60% of his passes going back to JV.

Well, get ready for Allen to drop big time. Old tweets have surfaced of him at 16 saying the N word and some other stuff.

With an option for a 5th year I believe.

Yep. All 1st rounders have a 5th year option. Think its equal to the transition tag for top 10 picks, believe thats the avg of the top 10 guys at the position. All other 1st rounders get the avg of I think the 3rd-25th paid players at their position. That is a mega savings at QB/OT/DE/CB. A QB at pick 5 will be in the neighborhood of 4 years and 25 million with an option year around 20 at current day. That's 5 years $45m. A top 10 vet QB going forward after the Jimmy G and Cousins deals are going to be looking at $30m a year, so 5 for $150. That's over $100m savings over the course of 5 years though you're obviously not getting top 10 QB play in year 1 and maybe year 2. Or there's about a 50% chance they could be a turd and set your franchise back for 5 years and get you fired.

That's a king's ransom. Nuts. Good luck to the GM that makes that move. He'll be out of a job in 2-3 years.

Well, get ready for Allen to drop big time. Old tweets have surfaced of him at 16 saying the N word and some other stuff.

The analysts on nfl network have been saying he won’t drop for that. He’s explained it to gms that some were words from a rap song and others joking with his friends. He said he still said them and apologized. The analysts all said the gms interested in him will do their due diligence with those who know him at Wyoming to see if it’s something to be concerned with or youthful 15/16 year old stupidity.

So you trash a game breaking, game changing, young RB...yet tell us people are lining up to trade a #1 for an often injured, possibly retiring, old TE???

Got it.

Eli will throw for 4000+yds and 25+ TDS...WITH Barkley.

Of course, tbat will be labeled a ‘bad year’ like the last 3x he did it.

So you trash a game breaking, game changing, young RB...yet tell us people are lining up to trade a #1 for an often injured, possibly retiring, old TE???

Got it.

Eli will throw for 4000+yds and 25+ TDS...WITH Barkley.

Of course, tbat will be labeled a ‘bad year’ like the last 3x he did it.
Lol Barkley prays he has the production Gronk has had.

Barkley is a waste at 2. As mentioned his 5th year option becomes an automatic overpay for his position.

RBs don’t win you SBs.
QBs do.
If you are going to take Barkley trade back with the Jets.

Barkley can copy Zeke’s rookie year and that doesn’t justify the 2nd overall pick. You want a gold jacket guy you don’t take a RB.

It’s not possible to have a rationale conservation on Eli as he is your guy I get it.

Lol Barkley prays he has the production Gronk has had.

Barkley is a waste at 2. As mentioned his 5th year option becomes an automatic overpay for his position.

RBs don’t win you SBs.
QBs do.
If you are going to take Barkley trade back with the Jets.

Barkley can copy Zeke’s rookie year and that doesn’t justify the 2nd overall pick. You want a gold jacket guy you don’t take a RB.
Timmy Smith says, "Hi!"

Timmy Smith says, "Hi!"
Timmy Smith didn’t win that SB Doug Williams did.

Smith had 200 yards but Doug Williams was SB MVP and had 340 yards and 4 TDs.
Denver couldn’t stop the triplet WRs and then Smith took over.

Doug Williams SB MVP your better off citing Terrell Davis but still Elway at QB was huge.

1980s you gotta run the ball and stop the run football is gone.
Now you have to throw and have a QB.
The Giants can take Barkley but at 2 it’s too high IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom