NFL draft thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

Heard today that Bills could be talking to Giants about the #2, maybe Giants think Eli can get two more years and that way they can kick the tires on Webb a little longer as well, why not at least see what Webb is made of before drafting another QB, Bills would have to give the 21,22 picks a couple others this year and probably the 2019 pick, which if they are starting a rook in 18 could be a top 10-15 pick at worst. Not sure I am fan but Beane and Giants GM have a relationship.

If I were a Giants fan, that would sounds pretty good to me, Bills seems to be high on darnold
That’s what it would take, both 1s this year, next years 1 and likely this years 2.

And then we still might take that and trade back down.

I am SO going to this years draft party at Giants Stadium...

While I could see that trade happening it would cost the Bills a kings ransom/fortune/truckload of picks whatever words you want to use describe it. To get from 21 to 2 your talking probably the Bills Two 1st round picks, one of their second round picks, and probably next years 1st round and even that might not be enough. Bills have to many holes still to fill to give up that much unless they absoulely love one of the QBs and even then they have to make sure Cleveland doesn't do something right for once and take that QB.

The Eagles made similar type moves to get Wentz two years ago. At the time I thought the moves were too risky. It's pretty much putting all your chips into the middle of the table. Kind of a make or break move for the franchise in terms of the next 3-4 years. You really have to love that QB.

The Eagles made similar type moves to get Wentz two years ago. At the time I thought the moves were too risky. It's pretty much putting all your chips into the middle of the table. Kind of a make or break move for the franchise in terms of the next 3-4 years. You really have to love that QB.

Yep, if you get your franchise qb it’s worth it, if not it’s a tough pill to swallow. I rather Bills continue to build and get an affordable vet to stick in for another couple years and get the cap space down.

I just don’t Love any of the top
3 enough to sell the farm but I’m not a GM either

Yep, if you get your franchise qb it’s worth it, if not it’s a tough pill to swallow. I rather Bills continue to build and get an affordable vet to stick in for another couple years and get the cap space down.

I just don’t Love any of the top
3 enough to sell the farm but I’m not a GM either
Darnold is only guy worth a fortune to get.
Cleveland shouldn’t screw this up but they are Cleveland.

I have no idea what Buffalo will ultimately do. If they were sure one of the top 5 QBs would fall to 21, I think that would obviously be the way to go. Not sure how likely that is though. Might require a small trade up to get one rather than trading the farm for a top 5 pick.

I love the Bronco's being able to coach the north in the senior bowl, it's a major advantage. They even sent our local sports radio station down, lol. The Bronco's asked for Mayfield to be on their team and got it done.

What I've heard so far is basically the same thing as the stats bared out for the season. Mayfield is the most accurate by far, and comfortable, and Allen not consistent, but throws 82 yds in the air, and arm strength was compared to Elway and Cutler.

I'm hoping Elway looks at the qb spot a little different now that he's had 2 busts. From coaches comments and what I'm hearing, seems to me they're liking Mayfield so far.

I love the Bronco's being able to coach the north in the senior bowl, it's a major advantage. They even sent our local sports radio station down, lol. The Bronco's asked for Mayfield to be on their team and got it done.

What I've heard so far is basically the same thing as the stats bared out for the season. Mayfield is the most accurate by far, and comfortable, and Allen not consistent, but throws 82 yds in the air, and arm strength was compared to Elway and Cutler.

I'm hoping Elway looks at the qb spot a little different now that he's had 2 busts. From coaches comments and what I'm hearing, seems to me they're liking Mayfield so far.

Based on the Bills reporters, it sounds like Kyle Lauletta has been even more accurate than Mayfield (though he's not at all on the 1st round radar like Mayfield is).

Based on the Bills reporters, it sounds like Kyle Lauletta has been even more accurate than Mayfield (though he's not at all on the 1st round radar like Mayfield is).
PFF guys said Western Kentucky qb Mike White has been the most accurate on the south squad the past 2 days. Today's another day, we'll see.

PFF guys said Western Kentucky qb Mike White has been the most accurate on the south squad the past 2 days. Today's another day, we'll see.

It's so funny to hear so many people having completely different conclusions from watching the same guys. I had heard White was god awful on Day 1 and was decent yesterday, but not as good as Lauletta.

That’s what it would take, both 1s this year, next years 1 and likely this years 2.

And then we still might take that and trade back down.

I am SO going to this years draft party at Giants Stadium...

I wish I went to the NFL draft to boo when the Raiders took Russell. If there's a board archive from 2007 somewhere I was begging them to take Calvin Johnson. I could have been the original this guy.

I wish I went to the NFL draft to boo when the Raiders took Russell. If there's a board archive from 2007 somewhere I was begging them to take Calvin Johnson. I could have been the original this guy.

I don’t even know where we were in 07.

Rivals??

Sc out??

Honestly, and I'm not just saying because I desperately want the Giants to take Darnold at 2, I think Mayfield makes sense for the Browns.

They have been in such a dismal state, that grabbing a QB that has some swagger. That is exciting. That would want to be in Cleveland. That can really be the face of the team is great.

I hate the comparison to Johnny Football. Mayfield can play in a structured offense. Johnny was pure chaos.

And as long as the Giants pick Darnold, I'll be happy.

Kyle Lauletta is a stud. He's the guy that Buffalo should be taking if the Big 5 of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Lamar are all taken.

Kyle Lauletta is a stud. He's the guy that Buffalo should be taking if the Big 5 of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Lamar are all taken.
Belichick loves him.
He is a lacrosse guy.

He will be there target with the 40th pick I bet.

Belichick loves him.
He is a lacrosse guy.

He will be there target with the 40th pick I bet.

If the top 5 QBs are already gone, I wouldn’t even be mad if Buffalo took him at 21/22 at this point. He’s a really gifted passer.

Honestly, and I'm not just saying because I desperately want the Giants to take Darnold at 2, I think Mayfield makes sense for the Browns.

They have been in such a dismal state, that grabbing a QB that has some swagger. That is exciting. That would want to be in Cleveland. That can really be the face of the team is great.

I hate the comparison to Johnny Football. Mayfield can play in a structured offense. Johnny was pure chaos.

And as long as the Giants pick Darnold, I'll be happy.

Off the field Mayfield will be Manziel 2.0

So this is floating out there...

Bills get 1.
Browns get 2
Giants get 4
Browns get 12 & 22
Giants get 33 & 53
Browns get 65 back

I think the Browns should take Barkley with #1 and then they could still have a shot to get their QB at #4. Supposedly they like Allen and he may be available at #4.

I want to see Gettleman's reaction if the Browns take Barkley. He'd probably have to call a TO to change his underwear.

I think the Browns should take Barkley with #1 and then they could still have a shot to get their QB at #4. Supposedly they like Allen and he may be available at #4.

I want to see Gettleman's reaction if the Browns take Barkley. He'd probably have to call a TO to change his underwear.
He would do backflips and take Darnold.
If the Giants stay at 2 I think they take Chubb.

aka: The Kaiser Plan...

Gettleman, wont get played like Reese.

He would do backflips and take Darnold.
If the Giants stay at 2 I think they take Chubb.

They'd be just as likely to trade down. I've heard the NYG are not enamored with any of these QBs at #2. You could get Chubb at #5 so why take him at #2?

Josh Allen has never completed 60% of his passes going back to JV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom