NFL draft thread | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

Jets 3rd round pick? LOL. Another Maccagnan head scratcher. If you want to take a flyer on a non D1 player, do it in a later round. Don't get this pick at all.

Philly just took the Cowboys draft pick.
ESPN screwed the Cowboys announcing today that Witten was retiring.
Jerry has to be pissed it came out today and not one day later.
How did they screw the cowboys?

I said the exact same thing earlier today.
Really would have been interesting to take Barkley, trade down, get an extra pick and then take Lamar!!

Jerry is a senile old fool we take an 8
Injured lb and an ol when we already have a good line and no receivers.

No injury issues for the first round pick. 2nd round pick is big-time value for where we got him. Gallup can play and is a great route runner. If we drafted like we used to going for the names Mel kiper says are good or the guys who only sell jerseys like Dez, then it's back to ten more years of 8-8. It's been a great draft so far. Smart picks and guys who fit the identity. We needed a LB who can add depth and cover well, more OL depth given injury and performance issues and a solid WR who runs good routes. Flashy names might get you stats but they don't help with winning. Just look at New England.

No injury issues for the first round pick. 2nd round pick is big-time value for where we got him. Gallup can play and is a great route runner. If we drafted like we used to going for the names Mel kiper says are good or the guys who only sell jerseys like Dez, then it's back to ten more years of 8-8. It's been a great draft so far. Smart picks and guys who fit the identity. We needed a LB who can add depth and cover well, more OL depth given injury and performance issues and a solid WR who runs good routes. Flashy names might get you stats but they don't help with winning. Just look at New England.
The boise kid has a bad neck the other two picks i can live with.

The boise kid has a bad neck the other two picks i can live with.

It's an old injury with rumors floating it is still a problem. Actually have a friend who used to be on the training staff and is still very close to the organization. It's not an issue and was something well vetted.

Hey Briancuse - have you and your fellow Cowboys fans recovered from David Akers last night?
Lol I thought he embarrassed himself. They can have their one title we have 5. The eagles want to be the cowboys so badly.

Please keep your Eli measuring contests over on the NFL thread and reserve this thread for draft talk. Thanks.

Trent Richardson was as close as it gets to a sure thing too, and even if Saquon pans out and is an amazing RB, you'll be paying him like he's an amazing RB. There's basically no upside as far as the cap goes; if he isn't incredible you're stuck overpaying him for 4 years at minimum. QB or Chubb would have been a much better investment from that perspective, especially in a year like this one where there's so many high-quality RBs in the draft.

Giants have first world problems in that regard. My Raiders took an OT that they could have got in round 2.

Jerry is a senile old fool we take an 8
Injured lb and an ol when we already have a good line and no receivers.

The new Al Davis. Welcome to my world from 2003-2011

Hey Briancuse - I legitimately think Dorance Armstrong might be a steal for the Cowboys. He was the only watchable thing about Kansas football the last couple seasons.

I had Braxton Berios to the Patriots in the 4th round in the NFL thread but it got locked for some reason but the Pats got him in the 6th Belichick is so predictable.

Hey Briancuse - I legitimately think Dorance Armstrong might be a steal for the Cowboys. He was the only watchable thing about Kansas football the last couple seasons.
I wasn't a fan of our first pick but I have to to say the last 2 days we have done well like the col st kid and the Stanford tight end. Getting Austin for a 6th round pick is a good deal. I will take your word on the kansas
Kid you know those kansas guys well.

First round pick was an admission that Jaylon Smith was a bad pick. So they had to try to correct that mistake by doubling down. 2nd-round pick was for a position of strength, and he DOES have injury issues. Gallup is pretty good, but not exactly Dez in his prime. And they're STILL down a very productive TE.

First round pick was an admission that Jaylon Smith was a bad pick. So they had to try to correct that mistake by doubling down. 2nd-round pick was for a position of strength, and he DOES have injury issues. Gallup is pretty good, but not exactly Dez in his prime. And they're STILL down a very productive TE.
ESPN boned the Cowboys.
If I were them I wouldn’t cooperate with them in the future.
They could have waited a day till today to announce Witten but that info screwed them. Philly jumped the Cowboys for that TE because of the leak.

Can the NFL let the Patriots use a 2019 5th round pick on Hunter Renfrow now and just save everyone time.

Maybe. I would say losing Hitchens has more to do with it than Jaylon. Not saying Jaylon will come around but too early yet. This year will be the telltale. 2nd round pick, yes he had MCL tear but did return last season. He can hopefully come back to being the first round talent he was pre injury. TE is a concern but looks like they may be emphasize the position some given the run on slot receivers. This season will be interesting.

How is Bo Scarborough still on the board?
That guy was a beast at Alabama and hard to tackle. Still on the board in the 7th round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom