NFL Social Issues | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Social Issues

Season ticket holder for Mizzou football and former season ticket holder for the Rams. He didn’t get a fair chance. As I already pointed out, his size and speed is comparable to other NFL players. His preseason stats were above average. Go ahead and dispute what I’ve said. Don’t forget to back up your arguments. You can even use Google if you need it. I won’t judge.

Like I said he is a tweener and has no position in the nfl. He was way over his head. Glad to know he dominated in preseason though. Apparently he was too good for the CFL also. Where are your facts? Sometimes good college players don't translate in the nfl. It's a conspiracy though.

Like I said he is a tweener and has no position in the nfl. He was way over his head. Glad to know he dominated in preseason though. Apparently he was too good for the CFL also. Where are your facts? Sometimes good college players don't translate in the nfl. It's a conspiracy though.
I’m not going to repeat arguments I’ve already made in this thread. The facts are there. There are other “tweeners” who played DL in the NFL. How could he be way over his head if he performed as well as he did in the preseason? Other players with similar numbers were still in the league two years later. Usually good college players get more of a chance than Sam did. To suggest that one preseason (where he played well) with the Rams and a short stint on the Cowboys practice squad is all the league needed to determine Sam wasn’t good enough is a freaking joke.

Still waiting for you to back up your arguments, BTW.

That was from the veteran combine. The 40 from his pro day the year before was adequate.
Pro day combines typically have home team stopwatches hence you'll usually see better #s/measurements.

And once again preseason statistics mean little. Yes he was not good enough or the Rams would've kept him. Not enough roster spots for a fringe nfl player. And what's the excuse for him quitting on his CFL team?

Pro day combines typically have home team stopwatches hence you'll usually see better #s/measurements.

And once again preseason statistics mean little. Yes he was not good enough or the Rams would've kept him. Not enough roster spots for a fringe nfl player. And what's the excuse for him quitting on his CFL team?
I don’t care about his CFL experience. That’s after the fact. If your argument is sound, you shouldn’t have to go beyond his time in the NFL. Pro days and preseason stats are certainly more relevant to this discussion than his time in the CFL.

Show me a comparable player who was treated the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom