NFL Social Issues | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Social Issues

A friend sent me an email with these. I can't attest to the veracity of these events. Anyone remember the specifics?

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So how is it, seemingly all of a sudden, the NFL is now all up on freedom of expression?

Woman reveals possible motive for leaking video of Dolphins coach snorting lines

"The white people mad at me like I forced blow down this mans nose and like I recorded it on tha low No those are his habits and he recorded himself and sent it to me professing his love," Nige wrote. "So quick to make excuses for him but will roast a minority player over an anthem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues etc. But y'all keep saying ALL LIVES MATTER ."

Anthem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues...uh, one of those things is not like the other.

"There hasn't been any oppression in this country for the last hundred years, that I'm aware of."

Mike Ditka said that on ESPN radio in the MNF pregame. How deep is his head buried in the sand?

Al Michaels bout to feel the wrath of Twitter Social Justice Warriors who are completely enraged over everything.

(Yes, inappropriate for the venue. No, he should not be burned at the stake.)

Woman reveals possible motive for leaking video of Dolphins coach snorting lines

"The white people mad at me like I forced blow down this mans nose and like I recorded it on tha low No those are his habits and he recorded himself and sent it to me professing his love," Nige wrote. "So quick to make excuses for him but will roast a minority player over an anthem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues etc. But y'all keep saying ALL LIVES MATTER ."

Anthem, dog fights, weed, domestic issues...uh, one of those things is not like the other.

So basically “he used to blow cocaine off my coochie but justice called.”

Jeez.

Al Michaels bout to feel the wrath of Twitter Social Justice Warriors who are completely enraged over everything.

(Yes, inappropriate for the venue. No, he should not be burned at the stake.)
Too soon.

Yeah, I see where he was going with that (humor and hyperbole), but if scripted beforehand, that was poorly thought out and tone-deaf.
Definitely.

Yeah, I see where he was going with that (humor and hyperbole), but if scripted beforehand, that was poorly thought out and tone-deaf.

I can almost guarantee he thought of it beforehand and was just waiting to use it. It just didn't sound natural and something that he came up with spur of the moment imho.

Last edited:
I can almost guaranteed he thought of it beforehand and was just waiting to use it. It just didn't sound natural and something that he came up with spur of the moment imho.
It's a great line if you're a late night talk show host.

Fans are stupid.

https://deadspin.com/jets-fan-who-stands-for-national-anthem-sits-on-america-1819512033

zzypmujoegofwxs2rukr.jpg

Did I really just read the 1st 5 pages in this thread and read that Michael Sam didn't get a fair chance to make a nfl team because he is gay?!? Michael Sam is too slow for lb and too small for de. Michael Sam was a good college player who had no position in the nfl besides special teams. Michael Sam flaked out and thought he was too good for the CFL. I sometimes wonder if some you watch these games or back your arguments on google searches.

Did I really just read the 1st 5 pages in this thread and read that Michael Sam didn't get a fair chance to make a nfl team because he is gay?!? Michael Sam is too slow for lb and too small for de. Michael Sam was a good college player who had no position in the nfl besides special teams. Michael Sam flaked out and thought he was too good for the CFL. I sometimes wonder if some you watch these games or back your arguments on google searches.
Season ticket holder for Mizzou football and former season ticket holder for the Rams. He didn’t get a fair chance. As I already pointed out, his size and speed is comparable to other NFL players. His preseason stats were above average. Go ahead and dispute what I’ve said. Don’t forget to back up your arguments. You can even use Google if you need it. I won’t judge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom