NFL Social Issues | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Social Issues

You said something to the effect of, "It happens all the time." Give an example with a comparable player.

Chad Lavalais from LSU was the 2003 SEC defensive player of the year. He wasn't drafted until the 5th round. By your lights that's an outrage. How could that happen?

Chad Lavalais from LSU was the 2003 SEC defensive player of the year. He wasn't drafted until the 5th round. By your lights that's an outrage. How could that happen?
He fell to the 5th round because he was 25 and ballooned to over 300 pounds. He was a two-year starter, drew interest from two teams after he was released by the Falcons, then signed with the Panthers a year later and was cut before the regular season.

There's a reason you had to go all the way back to 2003. Every SEC DPOY in between was drafted in the first or second round.

He fell to the 5th round because he was 25 and ballooned to over 300 pounds. He was a two-year starter, drew interest from two teams after he was released by the Falcons, then signed with the Panthers a year later and was cut before the regular season.

There's a reason you had to go all the way back to 2003. Every SEC DPOY in between was drafted in the first or second round.

Yet he had a longer professional career than Michael Sam, who played one game in the CFL and was unable to record a tackle. Go figure.

Yet he had a longer professional career than Michael Sam, who played one game in the CFL and was unable to record a tackle. Go figure.
After the fact.

Kaepernick is being blackballed.

Michael Sam came out prior to the draft but his teammates knew and NFL teams were aware.

Being gay isn't a big deal. There are problem a decent amount of gay players in the league.
Kapernick is a business decision. Simple.

Ty Detmer won the Heisman Trophy and was drafted in the 9th round. Must have been discrimination against mormons. :cool:

You’re really going full dotard now.

Haha if Michael Sam signed a certificate in blood stating he got a fair shake you'd still argue otherwise. Cause that's what you do.

Haha if Michael Sam signed a certificate in blood stating he got a fair shake you'd still argue otherwise. Cause that's what you do.
No, I back up my arguments. You state opinions as fact and you don’t present evidence.

No, I back up my arguments. You state opinions as fact and you don’t present evidence.

Haha yeah right. Your assertion is that Michael Sam was a worthy NFL player but nobody wanted him in the NFL because he was gay. Can you provide me with the facts behind that assertion?

Haha yeah right. Your assertion is that Michael Sam was a worthy NFL player but nobody wanted him in the NFL because he was gay. Can you provide me with the facts behind that assertion?
I already have, dotard. It’s your turn to provide the facts behind yours.

I already have, dotard. It’s your turn to provide the facts behind yours.

He wasn't good enough.

Impressive name calling btw.

What Cam said was dumb...but what Gronk said to a female reporter was much more disrespectful, and I never even knew about this until now. But people laugh at Gronk’s dumb comments.

What Cam said was dumb...but what Gronk said to a female reporter was much more disrespectful, and I never even knew about this until now. But people laugh at Gronk’s dumb comments.

Sunday NFL Countdown yammering and yammering about Cam Newton and Antonio Brown. Good grief, isn't there football to talk about? Although it was amusing to watch Randy Moss tiptoe around the "another WR diva" comment. :D

Yet not a word about last nights white supremacist rally in Virginia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom