NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 114 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

It was a very well balanced O by the Titans. 150 on the ground, 230 and 2tds through the air.
The Tennessee offense finished 27th out of 32 in scoring.
It was an awful offense.
They did torch New England though.

LaFleur getting hired is just because of Sean McVey. Not all of these guys are McVey.

I defer to your expertise...

192w85x9nl0ogjpg.jpg

DnQirJIU4AAPdoa-718x490.jpg
p1lcf15.jpg
Please.

The Tennessee offense finished 27th out of 32 in scoring.
It was an awful offense.
They did torch New England though.

LaFleur getting hired is just because of Sean McVey. Not all of these guys are McVey.

We know better than most not to hire based on one person's recommendation. Remember how Dick Vermeil helped convince us to hire Gerg? Whose defenses were torched during that Rams' run? I think the word is 'cronyism'.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of ‘dumb’ QBs starting.

Tannehill, Cam, Lamar, Dak, Stafford off the top of my head.

He’s a freshman starting what, his 8th game?? He will be fine. He made some big time throws last night.

Pro set, play action my arse

last night was not a time to work on things, you go for the jugular, the win...at all costs.

Put the ball in the endzone and worry about all that other shlit in spring ball and v the dregs of the ACC.

Versus teams like Bama and Cuse...Winning isn’t everything, it’s The ONLY thing.

Scratching my head that you left Jameis off that list. :)

There’s a lot of ‘dumb’ QBs starting.

Tannehill, Cam, Lamar, Dak, Stafford off the top of my head.

He’s a freshman starting what, his 8th game?? He will be fine. He made some big time throws last night.

Pro set, play action my arse

last night was not a time to work on things, you go for the jugular, the win...at all costs.

Put the ball in the endzone and worry about all that other shlit in spring ball and v the dregs of the ACC.

Versus teams like Bama and Cuse...Winning isn’t everything, it’s The ONLY thing.
Of course winning that game is all that matter. I am just talking about the hype regarding Lawrence towards the NFL.
He is definitely a top prospect he just has plenty to improve upon for the NFL.
Which he has two years to work on.
In 2 years he could be Peyton Manning as he has that tall lanky body but right now Lawrence NFL hype is off the hook.

The hottest job in the NFL right now is becoming Sean McVey’s offensive quality control coach.

The hottest job in the NFL right now is becoming Sean McVey’s offensive quality control coach.

Looks like the only quality to have to be a head coach in this league is a strong stubble game. All these young guys rocking the McVay crappy, over manicured, stubble beard.

Kingsbury clearly is a talented dude as far as offense goes, but having said that, I would never look at Josh Rosen and think "Man we should really put him in an air raid offense". So I would think Kingsbury will be adjusting his scheme quite a bit in the NFL.

Also, dude had Pat Mahomes in college and couldn't go .500 with him.

Scratching my head that you left Jameis off that list. :)
Forgot he was in he league.

Alsacs does tell me jameis is better than Eli, so he’s got that going for him...

Forgot he was in he league.

Alsacs does tell me jameis is better than Eli, so he’s got that going for him...
Eli is more accomplished.
Jameis is a better QB right now.
Winston has a stronger arm, is more mobile.
Eli is smarter. Both make a lot of stupid throws.
You think Eli is a lot better than he actually is.

Green Bay- Matt LaFleur ✔️
Arizona - Kliff Kingsbury ✔️
Tampa- Bruce Arians (TBD)
New York Jets- McCarthy /Monken/Bieniemy
Miami-Kris Richard/Brian Flores/Darren Rizzi
Cincinnati-Monken/Bieniemy/Hue
Denver - Munchak/Fangio
Cleveland- Kitchens/Stefanski

Green Bay- Matt LaFleur ✔️
Arizona - Kliff Kingsbury ✔️
Tampa- Bruce Arians (TBD)
New York Jets- McCarthy /Monken/Bieniemy
Miami-Kris Richard/Brian Flores/Darren Rizzi
Cincinnati-Monken/Bieniemy/Hue
Denver - Munchak/Fangio
Cleveland- Kitchens/Stefanski

Vance Joseph is considered to have a chance at the Bengals job too doesn't he (though seems more likely he's the DC for whoever they hire)

Vance Joseph is considered to have a chance at the Bengals job too doesn't he (though seems more likely he's the DC for whoever they hire)

Bengals will hire the lowest priced guy out there. Brown is incredibly cheap.

There are 5 NFL coaches younger than Tom Brady.

Sean McVey
Kyle Shanahan
Matt Nagy
Matt LeFleur
Kliff Kingsbury.

Eli is more accomplished.
Jameis is a better QB right now.
Winston has a stronger arm, is more mobile.
Eli is smarter. Both make a lot of stupid throws.
You think Eli is a lot better than he actually is.
You give me the same team and 1 game to win in Sept 2019 and a choice of QBs???

I’ll take Eli every Day of the week and 2x on GameDay Sunday.

Most GMs would too.

If not all.

No brainer.

You give me the same team and 1 game to win in Sept 2019 and a choice of QBs???

I’ll take Eli every Day of the week and 2x on GameDay Sunday.

Most GMs would too.

If not all.

No brainer.
I wouldn’t want Eli Manning over Jameis Winston in your scenario and your speculation on how most GMs would pick isn’t provable.
This isn’t 5 years ago. Eli hasn’t scored 30 points as often as Jameis has these past 3 years.

I wouldn’t want Eli Manning over Jameis Winston in your scenario and your speculation on how most GMs would pick isn’t provable.
This isn’t 5 years ago. Eli hasn’t scored 30 points as often as Jameis has these past 3 years.

Usually with you, even as a Giants fan, in my assessment of Eli, but there is no way I'm taking Jameis here. There is just too much variance in what I'm getting from him on the field and in the locker room week over week.

I'll go back to my Darnold 2019 Tua 2020 Trevor 2021 hype train for the post-Eli Giants!

BTW - are we using this thread for NFL draft talk or will there be a new one?

1496-2363 63.8%. 16,226yds 101TDs 54 INTs 25-38 record & 88.1 rating

1183-1922 61.6% 14,628yds 88TDs 58 INTs
21-33 87.8 rating

Who’s who and why oh why on God’s Green Earth would you ever want the loser here??

Consider that last line a freebie quiz help from your Uncle UEO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom