NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 170 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

That other guy: “Jim, you let me drive all the way to Stewart’s game without telling me we weren’t getting him?”

I’m guessing Jimmy felt bad and brought him to the Super Bowl?
Boeheim is a Patriots fan.

That other guy: “Jim, you let me drive all the way to Stewart’s game without telling me we weren’t getting him?”

I’m guessing Jimmy felt bad and brought him to the Super Bowl?
I thought jb was a pats fan wonder while he was behind the rams bench.

The Rams are going to have to dump some guys right? There’s no way they can keep all these players. They’d have no cap room.

Your squad needs to figure out where they're going with the QB. I figure Brees has one maybe two more years left.

tenor.gif

Well, data is data...not some crazy thoughts.

The scientific method involves coming up with a thesis, then testing it with data, and proving it using that data.

I definitely don't care enough this to go about "proving it", but in limited time testing the data, every one of my theses about the Patriots and their penalties has been "true".

I know that's inconvenient, but I can't change that. The NFL provides the data, just that noone looks at it...keep in mind they burned tapes, etc.

You may/definitely fail to consider how much money/value is involved in all this...

The scientific method involves coming up with a thesis, then testing it with data, and proving it using that data.

I definitely don't care enough this to go about "proving it", but in limited time testing the data, every one of my theses about the Patriots and their penalties has been "true".

I know that's inconvenient, but I can't change that. The NFL provides the data, just that noone looks at it...keep in mind they burned tapes, etc.

You may/definitely fail to consider how much money/value is involved in all this...
You definitely care enough about proving it. You are obsessed. Obsessed with the world champion New England Patriots.

are people serious with this Edelman to the hall of fame stuff? HE’S JERRICHO COTCHERY ON A BETTER TEAM!! He’s a spoke in the wheel!!!

Was Deion Branch a hall of famer? How about David Patten??

are people serious with this Edelman to the hall of fame stuff? HE’S JERRICHO COTCHERY ON A BETTER TEAM!! He’s a spoke in the wheel!!!

A coworker told me last week about Edelman to HOF, I thought he was fos, and there is no reality if that's close to the case. The HOF is sooo watered down now, nothing special to get in, in a lot of cases.

I think as a Patriots fan. He has been such a clutch performer both in regular season and playoffs. I haven’t reviewed his stats vs others but I feel like he has been a huge part of 3 Super Bowls and the season that led up to then. Definitely better than Jericho Cotchery.

A coworker told me last week about Edelman to HOF, I thought he was fos, and there is no reality if that's close to the case. The HOF is sooo watered down now, nothing special to get in, in a lot of cases.

Odell Beckham already has more yards and TDS than him in 5 fewer seasons.

2 1,000 yard seasons, 5,000 something yards, 30something TDs, zero pro bowls or all pros.

Wayne Chrebet!

You definitely care enough about proving it. You are obsessed. Obsessed with the world champion New England Patriots.

No, it’s all right there and really not much time.

This game was pretty clear how glaringly unfair it was...people are noticing and with light comes clarity...holding on the center with the game on the line?!?! They “missed” a Patriot lineman holding a Charger three weeks ago, in a close game in the first quarter, at the point of attack, because that’s what they do. Cheat for the Patriots.

This “dynasty” will come crashing down. They were terrible tonight and should probably have been beaten by a 33 year old.

I’m glad the Bills were never caught cheating even once (that I’m aware of).

I was going to post this. The Edelman/HOF stuff is so unbelievably asinine. Maybe Lee Evans and Dwayne Bowe should be fitted for gold jackets too...

I think as a Patriots fan. He has been such a clutch performer both in regular season and playoffs. I haven’t reviewed his stats vs others but I feel like he has been a huge part of 3 Super Bowls and the season that led up to then. Definitely better than Jericho Cotchery.

Solid player, right place, right time. He’s an above average-good player IMO.

I say no because he doesn’t have the regular season all-pro stuff.
Edelman’s case which I don’t agree with this he has the second most catches, yards, TDs in NFL postseason history behind Jerry Rice and he could catch him for first.
If you combined Wes Welker’s regular seasons and Edelman’s postseason numbers you got a HOFer but Edelman is more Robert Horry than a HOFer.

Solid player, right place, right time. He’s an above average-good player IMO.
He is much better than an average to good player. The best teams, at the most important moments, can't guard him.

Wait, you were saying the last time I was here that the league favors the Pats and the evidence is that they are last in the league in penalties on offense and defense but first on special teams. Isn't it the same refs calling penalties on special teams as on offense and defense. I mean, aren't they in on it all of the time?

Wes Welker has 2 first team all pro seasons and 2 second team all pro seasons with the Patriots.
He choked in the playoffs.
Edelman doesn’t have those all-pros thus he won’t make the HOF.
If he did he would be in.
If Welker had Edelman’s postseason numbers he is.

Edelman’s replacement redshirted this year for Patriots in Braxton Berrios and everyone and their mother knows the Patriots will try to draft Hunter Renfrow from Clemson in the 3rd to 5th round this upcoming draft.

I HAVE run the numbers...it's not good for the Patriots, NFL, or fans who want to believe there's a legitimate competition happening...

I've said there are two issues with Patriots games...the timing and type of penalty called...I've focused on Offensive Holding because it's the most Discretionary penalty there is, and often called by the lead Referee...

Turns out the Patriots often receive a predominance of their Offensive Holding penalites on Special Teams, when they want them...THIS LEGITIMATELY HAPPENED TONIGHT. First Half, only one penalty, a Special Teams Holding Penalty.

Then I said, hey, as a Bills fan, I've noticed they seem to backweight the Patriots penalties...here's the data:

1) Out of 32 NFL teams, ONE went the entire season (19 games) without an Offensive Holding penatly in the First Q. You guessed it...Patriots. Let 'em get a lead. Every team had one in the first 6 weeks, except the Rams...all the way to week 14...hmmmmmmm

2) The Patriots then had SIX Holding penalties in the 2Q all season...one was on a FG vs the Bills, 56 yards that missed by a mile (a HOLDING PENALTY on a FG? Oh, it missed let's drop one)...then in the Colts game they called TWO holding penalties on a play when they'd already called Tripping...sooooo, decline the two Holding penalites...they literally called THREE holding penalties on the Patriots ALL SEASON in the first half...

3) What's worse? You might figure the Patriots lagged the NFL averate of holding penalties per game...but not at all. 23 vs 22.8, right on the average. What happened??!?!? As SOON as the Patriots were up two scores in the 2H, the flags started flying...EXCEPT for two against Pittsburgh, late in the season, when the Steelers needed to make the playoffs.

So, all season, the Patriots were never flagged for Holding unless they were up by TWO SCORES.

That is total BS...and not some inconvenient coincidence.

League is a fraud, plain and simple, and Kraft is at the top of it.

(BTW, all this data is completely accurate and available, they just hope you won't sift through it).
And yet the league stripped the Pats of two first round draft choices. The second on a totally made up crap about the balls being deflated. the pats win because they are the best coached team in the league and have the best QB. It is a very tough combo to beat. Your team loses to them and you are bitter about that. there is nothing more complicated than that. It's called being a sore loser. And by the way, the rest of the league does not want to see the Pats win. That is insane.

I say no because he doesn’t have the regular season all-pro stuff.
Edelman’s case which I don’t agree with this he has the second most catches, yards, TDs in NFL postseason history behind Jerry Rice and he could catch him for first.
If you combined Wes Welker’s regular seasons and Edelman’s postseason numbers you got a HOFer but Edelman is more Robert Horry than a HOFer.
It's called body of work. In no way is Edelman close. Can't even begin to discuss him. Can we talk about what the HOF should consider for a standard???

It's called body of work. In no way is Edelman close. Can't even begin to discuss him. Can we talk about what the HOF should consider for a standard???
I mean I don’t vote for him but Edelman atleast is working on having a case.
I don’t think he will ever get in. As I said he needs Welker’s regular seasons accolades and you got a HOFer.
His postseason numbers are insane but I don’t put him in the HOF.

Darrell Ravell:
From Boston and have the Grand Slam parlay?
Red Sox Title Odds: 13-1 ✅
Patriots Title Odds: 4-1 ✅
Bruins Title Odds: 11-1
Celtics Title Odds: 5-1

$100 bet would net $503,900

Darrell Ravell:
From Boston and have the Grand Slam parlay?
Red Sox Title Odds: 13-1 ✅
Patriots Title Odds: 4-1 ✅
Bruins Title Odds: 11-1
Celtics Title Odds: 5-1

$100 bet would net $503,900

“The Rick” is going to score big time!

I mean I don’t vote for him but Edelman atleast is working on having a case.
I don’t think he will ever get in. As I said he needs Welker’s regular seasons accolades and you got a HOFer.
His postseason numbers are insane but I don’t put him in the HOF.
He's not working on having a case at all imo. Oh all he needs is Welkers regulars? Ok? NO. The HOF should be exclusive, and I don't think it's been that lately, every good player doesn't belong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom