NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Is Aaron Rodgers allowed to be criticized yet?
He is 4-6-1 and threw 2 consecutive ducks in the last 3 minutes last night.
If this were Brady or Brees the national media would be destroying them.
Rodgers never gets blamed.
He has an elite OL and enough weapons the guy has played poorly.

MMQB had a great article criticizing his inconsistencies this morning and pointed out McCarthy gets way too much blame. Rodgers improvises way too much for his own good. Any other QB gets hammered for his team being 4-6. Because he combines the most athleticism with arm talent he gets a pass.

MMQB had a great article criticizing his inconsistencies this morning and pointed out McCarthy gets way too much blame. Rodgers improvises way too much for his own good. Any other QB gets hammered for his team being 4-6. Because he combines the most athleticism with arm talent he gets a pass.
He has good stats 19 TD and 1 INT so he isn’t a bum but I just think he gets a pass where other elite guys don’t.
His team isn’t garbage either. All teams lose weapons.
The Packers have lost 8 road games in a row. That eventually isn’t all on the coach. He is a doofus I think and that is job I think Josh McDaniels or Nick Saban will jump on when it comes open.
I could see Saban being sick of college football and saying I can win a SB with Rodgers and 2 first round picks this year.

He has good stats 19 TD and 1 INT so he isn’t a bum but I just think he gets a pass where other elite guys don’t.
His team isn’t garbage either. All teams lose weapons.
The Packers have lost 8 road games in a row. That eventually isn’t all on the coach. He is a doofus I think and that is job I think Josh McDaniels or Nick Saban will jump on when it comes open.
I could see Saban being sick of college football and saying I can win a SB with Rodgers and 2 first round picks this year.

The 1 INT and 47 throwaways tell me he’s not trying to fit balls in tight windows. Brees has had a tendency to throw picks in the past because he trusts his accuracy too much sometimes. A guy with Rodgers arm talent should have a much higher completion percentage.

To be fair to Rodgers about throwing the ball away etc, maybe he doesn't have faith in his WR's as he did in the past. Nelson is gone, Cobb has been hurt however many games this year, Allison is on IR. Jimmy Graham is playing with a bad thumb. His WR's are Adams, three other rookies, and another rookie who just came off IR. I am not a Packers fan, Rodgers does deserve some of the blame. I'm just saying I don't think its all his fault. Some of his throws are simply not good lately.

To be fair to Rodgers about throwing the ball away etc, maybe he doesn't have faith in his WR's as he did in the past. Nelson is gone, Cobb has been hurt however many games this year, Allison is on IR. Jimmy Graham is playing with a bad thumb. His WR's are Adams, three other rookies, and another rookie who just came off IR. I am not a Packers fan, Rodgers does deserve some of the blame. I'm just saying I don't think its all his fault.

I am not saying it's all Rodgers fault, but I am saying he's overrated. He makes spectacular plays that everyone remembers at times, but if you compare his advanced stats to Brees, Ben, and Brady he's actually played worse than all 3 of those guys the past 4 years.

I am not saying it's all Rodgers fault, but I am saying he's overrated. He makes spectacular plays that everyone remembers at times, but if you compare his advanced stats to Brees, Ben, and Brady he's actually played worse than all 3 of those guys the past 4 years.
The Patriots-Packers game was billed as the battle of the GOATs.
Rodgers doesn’t belong anywhere near that discussion.

So foreskins claimed Ruben foster after he was cut by the 49ers for another alleged domestic violence incident .. incredible how low teams will stoop to even marginally increase their chances of winning

The Patriots-Packers game was billed as the battle of the GOATs.
Rodgers doesn’t belong anywhere near that discussion.

What a perfect time to bring this up. The SI cover story is mainly about Brees, but there’s a lot of Rodgers/Brady stuff here...

No.

If it was Brady or Brees, they’d be ignoring it like they do Ben.

Only Eli has to throw Perfect Games to avoid criticism.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong but I foresee a close game tonight and that Dallas may come away with the victory.

I sincerely hope that I'm wrong but I foresee a close game tonight and that Dallas may come away with the victory.

As a Saints fan I was much more concerned about Atlanta due to their ability to score. I'm not sure Dallas can.

I get their defense is improved, but we are by FAR the best offense they have seen all year and I stress by FAR.

As a Saints fan I was much more concerned about Atlanta due to their ability to score. I'm not sure Dallas can.

I get their defense is improved, but we are by FAR the best offense they have seen all year and I stress by FAR.
Only chance Dallas has is ball control and shortening the game with that. Dallas D is legit but if they can't run the ball the Saints will win this game.

Outside of the year the Saints won the SB and started off 13-0 went to Dallas and lost, every other time they've gone there in the Saints/Brees era they have absolutely torched the Cowboys. I remember the day my mother died in 2013 and the Saints went to Jerryworld and set a record for the most first downs in a game with 40 and won like 42-17. If the they don't score at least 35 I'll be surprised. I don't care how good their pass rush is, it's not as good as the Rams, and they did nothing against them.

Last edited:
2 drops/breakups and a terrible pass on third down. The Saints punt for the 25th time this year. Maybe BPO is on to something.

2 drops/breakups and a terrible pass on third down. The Saints punt for the 25th time this year. Maybe BPO is on to something.

Dallas has a good defense. I know you referenced the LAR earlier - Donald is amazing but other than that Dallas has a much better defense than LA.

Dallas defense looking good again. Team speed at LB is a huge help vs all the weapons Saints have. If Dallas keeps it up and wins it I have to partly chalk it up to Saints being due for a let down too. Cowboys are hungry, need the win bad and Saints haven't hit pothole since week 1.

Dallas D is bracketing Michael Thomas and putting the speedy LB on Kamara.
They are going to need someone else to step up 1 on 1.

Bad challenge by Payton.
Even by winning it he doesn’t get another challenge in the game.
Too early to use your second challenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom